Little Things You Want in Season 7

dsug

What can Bran do exactly? He has unlimited access to weirwood.net, but knowledge alone won't be decisive in the war for the dawn. He can warg animals. So he will use a bunch of ravens to attack NK and his lieutenants? As if that'd help a great deal. The only useful thing coming out of his warging prowess would be to warg into

Spoiler

Viserion. But we don't know if it can be done. Can one warg into something that's (un)dead? But even there, he'd just take away a dragon from NK. Someone would still have to fight the man. 3ER was so powerful and yet NK killed him with ease. Unless it was what 3ER wanted or something.

Bran's s6 arc was in most part about Jon's origins. And it looks like it will continue in s7. It's quite hard to say what else they can do with Bran.

As for the political side of things. Jon was chosen as a wartime King. Lords appointed him because they want him to lead them through the Long Night. In their eyes, Bran's just a crippled boy who most likely can't have kids. And if what's said in the leak is true, that is

Spoiler

the part about Bran being 'all distant and spaced-out for most of it', then there's no way anyone would find him a desirable option for the King/Warden. So no, Bran won't be ruling anything pre and during endgame, now if he survives it, then maybe but I think most Lords are quite ableist.

12 minutes ago, Woman of War said:

I like Bran but I don't want him abused as plot device. 

I absolutely don't want Bran to be deus ex machina, meaning whenever a plot problem shows up Bran with his weirwood net helps out and whispers the right answer into protagonists' heads. I would hate that from Martin himself as being the easy way out of plot problems, just like I would hate it from the show.

I don't like how book Bran's on course to be this all-knowing almighty being with greenseeing and extremely potent warging abilities. Yes, his ability to walk and likely sire children was taken away from him, but way more is about to be given to him. It's cheap. Few things are worse than giving a character ultimate power.

2 hours ago, Evarei said:

I don't like how book Bran's on course to be this all-knowing almighty being with greenseeing and extremely potent warging abilities. Yes, his ability to walk and likely sire children was taken away from him, but way more is about to be given to him. It's cheap. Few things are worse than giving a character ultimate power.

This! Well said!

I also want Bran to have his own story, and not a plot device for others. And developing his relationship with Meera, whatever it is. Also I want meera to get to know the other Starks, as House Reed is LOyal to them.

His father and their father, Ned, were friends too.

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't think it's only a matter of fans. It's a matter of cohesion and continuity. And also the fact these siblings should know who is the rightful heir.

the fact that Jon or Bran are the lords is unimportant for the war because Jon will also need more people on his side and he will be in the battle regardless if he is king or not

the NK doesn't care about that. And s for leadership Bran is extremely more resourceful than Jon. Hr can warg too.

so before and/or after war

Well, D&D loves Lannisters more than Starks. It's evident and Bran to them is not one of their priorities. He's powerful but screwed up with Hodor and 3ER cave, Ultimately only thing he find out about was Jon's birth. Bran is super important but underappreciated from them. It looks like it. In general fandom Bran is underrated by many.

From what I see, yes more fans are pushing of it than Bran would've wanted it. Rightful heir, truborn vs bastard. You saw Sans being ignored when she helped a lot and is a trueborn daughter of Ned Stark. They could've made her QitN and Jon would've been general, which is anyway more sufficient role for him.

Jon is bringing Dany with dragons and armies. Bran can warg, true but how is Bran exactly more resourceful? Seems like both can contribute a lot, Dany and Tyrion too.

3 hours ago, Evarei said:

What can Bran do exactly? He has unlimited access to weirwood.net, but knowledge alone won't be decisive in the war for the dawn. He can warg animals. So he will use a bunch of ravens to attack NK and his lieutenants? As if that'd help a great deal. The only useful thing coming out of his warging prowess would be to warg into

Hide contents

Viserion. But we don't know if it can be done. Can one warg into something that's (un)dead? But even there, he'd just take away a dragon from NK. Someone would still have to fight the man. 3ER was so powerful and yet NK killed him with ease. Unless it was what 3ER wanted or something.

Hide contents

the part about Bran being 'all distant and spaced-out for most of it', then there's no way anyone would find him a desirable option for the King/Warden. So no, Bran won't be ruling anything pre and during endgame, now if he survives it, then maybe but I think most Lords are quite ableist.

He can do many things. Warging into 

Spoiler

Viserion, or anything could be a part of his arc, because he can't fight in any other form in physical terms

but he has knowledge than he can use to lead their siblings, especially Jon, that at the same time, Jon will use to lead the other main-secondary characters who will be still be alive and probably take a part in the endgame. His best way of doing this is developing even more his powers and communicatiing with them through visions or dreams, like in the books, where it is implied it has already happened.

Knowledge is very important in war. He can also be the strategist. But also how it is used, because knowledge itself is not infallible. I expect Bran and Jon committing errors in the process. That would be satisfying. Showing the human part of them.

Bran's s6 arc was in most part about Jon's origins. And it looks like it will continue in s7. It's quite hard to say what else they can do with Bran.

As for the political side of things. Jon was chosen as a wartime King. Lords appointed him because they want him to lead them through the Long Night. In their eyes, Bran's just a crippled boy who most likely can't have kids. And if what's said in the leak is true, that is

Spoiler

it is not known 100% if he can or can't have kids. (not having kids doesn't mean he can't have heirs as nephews and nieces..)

As for the part that 

Spoiler

that part of the leaks saying he is distant I believe it's fake, because sounded very strange to be, and also the fact that Meera instantly leaves him because of that

About ruling or not, I completely disagree about the reason. I already said in previous posts that ruling and leading any battle in terms of physical leader are two completely different things. He could perfectly be ruler before and during endgame and not riding a horse in the middle of a battle, that would be for Jon. I don't know if he will become Lord during the endgame, maybe not, but it's not incompatible.

In fact, I have to say that I completely disagree with the bolded part that they won't find him a desirable option for King/Warden in general terms. In Season 2, Bran was the substiute of Robb and he did an amazing job as a ruler. Nobody cared if he could not walk. See my signature.

5 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Well, D&D loves Lannisters more than Starks. It's evident and Bran to them is not one of their priorities. He's powerful but screwed up with Hodor and 3ER cave, Ultimately only thing he find out about was Jon's birth. Bran is super important but underappreciated from them. It looks like it. In general fandom Bran is underrated by many.

From what I see, yes more fans are pushing of it than Bran would've wanted it. Rightful heir, truborn vs bastard. You saw Sans being ignored when she helped a lot and is a trueborn daughter of Ned Stark. They could've made her QitN and Jon would've been general, which is anyway more sufficient role for him.

Reveal hidden contents

Jon is bringing Dany with dragons and armies. Bran can warg, true but how is Bran exactly more resourceful? Seems like both can contribute a lot, Dany and Tyrion too.

Yes, they love the Lannisters more. I think they are saving the best of Bran (and everything in general, like romances built-up in time, and also sad-emotional endings for the finale like some deaths, maybe main characters). It will be very shocking. They want S8 to be extremely "what"? and people feel excited.

In my previous comment I have answered the hidden content part.

24 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, they love the Lannisters more. I think they are saving the best of Bran (and everything in general, like romances built-up in time, and also sad-emotional endings for the finale like some deaths, maybe main characters). It will be very shocking. They want S8 to be extremely "what"? and people feel excited.

In my previous comment I have answered the hidden content part.

They like to this epic stuff, as you said.

So, I think Jon kneeling without Bran blessing or discussion is fine. Bran can be Lord of Winterfell afterwards. I want House Stark to continue. Jon is not even a Stark, Sansa or Arya would take a name of their husbands but to continue House Stark should be Bran. Otherwise their House will extinct.

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

About more JB....how would I like to see it.....

I'd like to see Jaime having a massive argument with Cersei in the first episodes, and telling her she has lost he rmind, and then he leaving to Casterly Rock as the heir, now that he is not a KG anymore.

I don't think that, at this point of the story, and considering the show has lenghtened the agony of their relationship, would be smart to make Jaime forget about her totally. I think he would begin to stop loving her as a partner, but the love for the sister or the remains of what they had would still exist, but would become less strong, that's totally for sure. Oh, I'd love to see that, like in the books.

In the ending of s6 we see Jaime not being fond of Walder Frey's words, and then, the "look" to Cersei. So yes, I would like to see the ending of their relationship.

Then, the moment when he sees Brienne again. Jaime's status is complicated and I think that if he was in Casterly Rock he would have difficulties because he knew that Dany would kill Cersei, but at the same time, he can't be her puppet anymore. Ackowledging his love for Brienne (even if it's only implied) would be amazing because then he would see that he definitely has to leave Cersei side, in case he hasn't yet.

If Cersei goes even more evil (if that is possible) Dany could kill her definitely. Or Tyrion, unexpectedly. If it's Jaime, that would be cool too. He would never permit her to kill more innocents after the incident of the Sept. 

And the private moment with JB would be amazing because now Jaime knows that Cersei is not his love anymore. It's the opposite of Brienne. He has already told her that his heart will always be yours, even without dully knowing it. If they meet in complicated circumstances (the middle of a war for instance) then something would happen because they know they might not see eachother again. Oh, a kiss would fit them a lot.

A kiss would be just "A". 

In some ways though, I just love how angsty and subtextual they are. I kind of didn't like how Bron was all like "think they're fucking?". I wanted it to remain unsaid and unspoken by anyone but Brienne's eyes. Until they kissed that is. Damn, Brienne is just amazingly vulnerable for someone so physically strong.

4 minutes ago, Lady Ren said:

A kiss would be just "A". 

In some ways though, I just love how angsty and subtextual they are. I kind of didn't like how Bron was all like "think they're fucking?". I wanted it to remain unsaid and unspoken by anyone but Brienne's eyes. Until they kissed that is. Damn, Brienne is just amazingly vulnerable for someone so physically strong.

I will be delighted the day they kiss

My Little wishes turn into big wishes. I want Jon to bring is Aunt Dany to Winterfell, thinking they will all bend the knee like he might and they basically tell her off and him to if he does this. Leading them is Bran, who is sitting at his righfull place with a proper crown and his new direwolf, Ghost, who was abandoned one too many times. Jon is informed of his parentage and of course, that his Services as King in the North an null and void but hey, "Jon, we still love you and you are free of the Nights Watch so, good for you".

Oh yeah, let LF's severed head be on the gates of Winterfell when they arrive, just to let him know that things are getting done. Then again, he may not notice or pretend not to, like the flayed Lord and Lady Cerwyn when Sansa was written to arrive at Winterfell to wed her future husband Ramsay. Yeah, NO RED FLAGS HERE !

Bran can also bring Jon. It doesn't have to be an either/or. Jon, knowing that Robb legitimized him not to put him ahead of Bran, but because he thought Bran was dead, could very well serve as Bran's hand of the king or general. The North gets a twofer. Bran has a lot to offer, his very identity in a literary sense is within the foundation of Winterfell.

13 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Little things I want. Well, I would like Ghost to sneak into LF's room in the middle of the night and piss on his face. That is a little wish, nothing big but just a little something to make me feel better.

LOL. Each year I want also Ghost do somethings. I will admit my wishes are a bit more violent than yours... 

I really do not want Jon to kneel for Dany. If he is KitN, it means he is identifying himself as a Stark. And I don't want to see any Stark kneeling before a Targaryens, or at least not until Dany apologized for the atrocities committed in the name of her family. And the North (Robb, ...) fought for independence. Jon should not be allowed to give this up without any admittance of the Northern families, who gave up a lot for this independence. 

And I will admit Bran is not someone who believes his rightful place as the heir to the Stark family is worthy enough to create intra-familial fights. However you are actually wrong when you say Bran doesn't care anything about his rights. While he does identify himself as a warg and as a greenseer, he does also identify himself as the Stark in Winterfell and the true heir to Robb. 

A little look : 

• Eight isn't so much younger than fifteen, and I'm the heir to Winterfell, after you."
  • It made Bran feel queer when they called him prince, though he was Robb's heir, and Robb was King in the North now. He turned his head to howl at the guard.
  • He was the Stark in Winterfell, his father's son and his brother's heir, and almost a man grown. 
  • What was he now? Only Bran the broken boy, Brandon of House Stark, prince of a lost kingdom, lord of a burned castle, heir to ruins
  • Prince. The man-sound came into his head suddenly, yet he could feel the rightness of it. Prince of the green, prince of the wolfswood. He was strong and swift and fierce, and all that lived in the good green world went in fear of him. (How is wolf sees himself
  • "Bran," he said sullenly. Bran the Broken. "Brandon Stark." The cripple boy. "The Prince of Winterfell." Of Winterfell burned and tumbled, its people scattered and slain. The glass gardens were smashed, and hot water gushed from the cracked walls to steam beneath the sun. How can you be the prince of someplace you might never see again?
  • He was the Prince of Winterfell, Eddard Stark's son, almost a man grown and a warg too, not some little baby boy like Rickon. Summer would not be afraid. 
  • I'm a prince of the north, a Stark of Winterfell, almost a man grown, I have to be as brave as Robb.
  • He almost did that now, before he remembered that he was a prince, and almost a man grown. 

Yeah, his greatest wish isn't to rule the North. His greatest wish is to be a knight.  But he does believe it is his duty and he does identify himself as a prince. So as a fan of Bran, I just doesn't want to see a part of his identity taken away. 

And I agree with Meera, when she says "You are only a boy, I know, but you are our prince as well, our lord's son and our king's true heir."

(In the end, I will probably be happy if he is used more than just an exposition machine telling the story of Jon's parents.)

20 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Bran can also bring Jon. It doesn't have to be an either/or. Jon, knowing that Robb legitimized him not to put him ahead of Bran, but because he thought Bran was dead, could very well serve as Bran's hand of the king or general. The North gets a twofer. Bran has a lot to offer, his very identity in a literary sense is within the foundation of Winterfell.

Bran is Winterfell... (sort of :P)

At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life. Wisps of smoke still rose into the grey sky, but no more than might have risen from Winterfell's chimneys on a cold autumn afternoon. Soot stains marked some of the arrow loops, and here and there a crack or a missing merlon could be seen in the curtain wall, but it seemed little enough from this distance. Beyond, the tops of the keeps and towers still stood as they had for hundreds of years, and it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all. The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.

32 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

My Little wishes turn into big wishes. I want Jon to bring is Aunt Dany to Winterfell, thinking they will all bend the knee like he might and they basically tell her off and him to if he does this. Leading them is Bran, who is sitting at his righfull place with a proper crown and his new direwolf, Ghost, who was abandoned one too many times. Jon is informed of his parentage and of course, that his Services as King in the North an null and void but hey, "Jon, we still love you and you are free of the Nights Watch so, good for you".

Oh yeah, let LF's severed head be on the gates of Winterfell when they arrive, just to let him know that things are getting done. Then again, he may not notice or pretend not to, like the flayed Lord and Lady Cerwyn when Sansa was written to arrive at Winterfell to wed her future husband Ramsay. Yeah, NO RED FLAGS HERE !

Because the North can defend themselves against white walkers, right?

Even Ghost? Like so he can screw up again, and let another direwolf die? Gotcha. Only one who are abandoning Ghost are D&D and their writing. Dragon are apparently more cool. But would love to see Ghost feasting on LF, for betraying Ned.

12 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Because the North can defend themselves against white walkers, right?

Even Ghost? Like so he can screw up again, and let another direwolf die? Gotcha. Only one who are abandoning Ghost are D&D and their writing. Dragon are apparently more cool. But would love to see Ghost feasting on LF, for betraying Ned.

Can we pretty please lay down this 'dragons are cooler' lie finally to rest? Hair rendering times / costs are prohibitive. Rendering Maui's hair was difficult for Disney, and Moana is animated. Doing fur in an otherwise realistic series is much, much worse. 

Other than that, I agree. I find it pretty funny that there are people who say, "the North will be on the first line of an apocalyptic conflict - I know! We should strike it out on our own!". Even once the WW pass, don't you think that there will be a humanitarian crisis in the North? Some rebuilding to do, maybe? Because I remember Martin complaining that we never got to see how Aragorn specifically ruled after the war of the Ring.

So this leads me to one thing I want to see, if not exactly this season - I want to see at least the beginnings of the post-apocalyptic restoration. Edicts, laws and all.

Also, among other things, I want to see male-preference primogeniture struck down in favour of an absolute one. Sansa gets Winterfell, not Bran. :D

38 minutes ago, ADanceWithCats said:

Can we pretty please lay down this 'dragons are cooler' lie finally to rest? Hair rendering times / costs are prohibitive. Rendering Maui's hair was difficult for Disney, and Moana is animated. Doing fur in an otherwise realistic series is much, much worse. 

Other than that, I agree. I find it pretty funny that there are people who say, "the North will be on the first line of an apocalyptic conflict - I know! We should strike it out on our own!". Even once the WW pass, don't you think that there will be a humanitarian crisis in the North? Some rebuilding to do, maybe? Because I remember Martin complaining that we never got to see how Aragorn specifically ruled after the war of the Ring.

So this leads me to one thing I want to see, if not exactly this season - I want to see at least the beginnings of the post-apocalyptic restoration. Edicts, laws and all.

Also, among other things, I want to see male-preference primogeniture struck down in favour of an absolute one. Sansa gets Winterfell, not Bran. :D

It was more of sarcastic. I know about the cost.  They went from dogs, then completely CGI (just a green stick) to a wolf trained in Canada, later on added. They never been fans of direwolves to begin with and dragons are one of the main points for for regular only show watchers. Not to mention dragons are important to the endgame. Kinda needs them to kill wights and maybe white walkers. Just don't like that Jon will possibly ride a dragon and fight with him and not Ghost. Let's hope Arya will with Nymeria.

George will hopefulyl adress post-war events but show? Kinda sceptical on this. They can touch on this a little bit but not what I expect from George. He's not so much about the war in fact anti war, but what it brings to characters from emotional and practical point of view, how it will affects people in Westeros, food supplies and all that. Show will be just about cool battles, epic moments and heroes winning at big cost should be same for books and show.

What I'm interested in is how they gonna fight white walkers, Traditional warfare is a bad idea, so ambush them? But then NK is a greenseer and powerful creature.

2 hours ago, Tijgy said:

LOL. Each year I want also Ghost do somethings. I will admit my wishes are a bit more violent than yours... 

I really do not want Jon to kneel for Dany. If he is KitN, it means he is identifying himself as a Stark. And I don't want to see any Stark kneeling before a Targaryens, or at least not until Dany apologized for the atrocities committed in the name of her family. And the North (Robb, ...) fought for independence. Jon should not be allowed to give this up without any admittance of the Northern families, who gave up a lot for this independence. 

And I will admit Bran is not someone who believes his rightful place as the heir to the Stark family is worthy enough to create intra-familial fights. However you are actually wrong when you say Bran doesn't care anything about his rights. While he does identify himself as a warg and as a greenseer, he does also identify himself as the Stark in Winterfell and the true heir to Robb. 

A little look : 

• Eight isn't so much younger than fifteen, and I'm the heir to Winterfell, after you."
  • It made Bran feel queer when they called him prince, though he was Robb's heir, and Robb was King in the North now. He turned his head to howl at the guard.
  • He was the Stark in Winterfell, his father's son and his brother's heir, and almost a man grown. 
  • What was he now? Only Bran the broken boy, Brandon of House Stark, prince of a lost kingdom, lord of a burned castle, heir to ruins
  • Prince. The man-sound came into his head suddenly, yet he could feel the rightness of it. Prince of the green, prince of the wolfswood. He was strong and swift and fierce, and all that lived in the good green world went in fear of him. (How is wolf sees himself
  • "Bran," he said sullenly. Bran the Broken. "Brandon Stark." The cripple boy. "The Prince of Winterfell." Of Winterfell burned and tumbled, its people scattered and slain. The glass gardens were smashed, and hot water gushed from the cracked walls to steam beneath the sun. How can you be the prince of someplace you might never see again?
  • He was the Prince of Winterfell, Eddard Stark's son, almost a man grown and a warg too, not some little baby boy like Rickon. Summer would not be afraid. 
  • I'm a prince of the north, a Stark of Winterfell, almost a man grown, I have to be as brave as Robb.
  • He almost did that now, before he remembered that he was a prince, and almost a man grown. 

Yeah, his greatest wish isn't to rule the North. His greatest wish is to be a knight.  But he does believe it is his duty and he does identify himself as a prince. So as a fan of Bran, I just doesn't want to see a part of his identity taken away. 

And I agree with Meera, when she says "You are only a boy, I know, but you are our prince as well, our lord's son and our king's true heir."

(In the end, I will probably be happy if he is used more than just an exposition machine telling the story of Jon's parents.)

Bran is Winterfell... (sort of :P)

At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life. Wisps of smoke still rose into the grey sky, but no more than might have risen from Winterfell's chimneys on a cold autumn afternoon. Soot stains marked some of the arrow loops, and here and there a crack or a missing merlon could be seen in the curtain wall, but it seemed little enough from this distance. Beyond, the tops of the keeps and towers still stood as they had for hundreds of years, and it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all. The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.

what a Great post!! It summarises the identity of the North and Bran a Lot.

I would love to see Meera saying "Bran is my Prince/Lord/king" Next season.

Archived