Knightfall - History Channel's upcoming tv drama about The Knights Templar

AncalagonTheBlack

Some of the footage is really quite impressively cinematic. Likely all from the expensive pilot. The grail thing I wish I could do without, though. Will give it a try when it airs. Can't be worse than The Bastard Executioner, surely?

41 minutes ago, Ran said:

Some of the footage is really quite impressively cinematic. Likely all from the expensive pilot. The grail thing I wish I could do without, though. Will give it a try when it airs. Can't be worse than The Bastard Executioner, surely?

That's a pretty fucking low bar to clear though.

That assassin looked like he was wearing the same mask the Immortals wore in the film 300. And some scenes seem a bit too Dan Brown adaptation for my taste. Agree with Ran about the Grail storyline. The Templar history is interesting enough without that conspiracy thrown in. Of course, being interested in the Templars, I'll tune in and give it a chance.

• 2 months later...

The trailer at least knows the audience it's going for by having enough to keep fans of "vikings" and "last kingdom" (and maybe Assassin's creed) happy.

I'm sure others are guessing that whoever Jeremy Renner gets to play in his guest appearance we can be assured he'll be good with a bow.

Well, it wasn't as bad as the Bastard Executioner premiere, but it wasn't good. From the CGI up to the story itself it was kind of a mess. Hard to be optimistic about this one, but hey it's got knights and swords. Two of my favorite scenes were . . .

Spoiler

the beginning Acre scene where the Muslim fighters cross the courtyard to raise their ladders in full view of the Templars lined up for a horse charge only to be completely trampled and the scene in France during the reading of the proclamation of the expulsion of the Jews where that citizen just blasted the kid in the face with the rock. Those two scenes were just laughably bad. But they were good laughs so favorite scenes for me.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

This show has been a huge disappointment.... suitable for broadcast TV... I watch, but mainly because at this point I want to see how it ends...  the bad decisions are just rampant.... when I watch it... I see this:

You cannot say you were not warned, well ahead of time! :cheers:

I only watched the first episode. I could not bring myself to continue. I started the 2nd episode, but after the French king had to be told by the head templar that the pope was coming on the day of his coming, I quit. This show is too small. I guess they don't have the budget to have a multitude of small roles, so the main characters have to do everything.

And really the idiotic battle with the bandits in episode 1 was enough for me to not continue with the show.

18 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I only watched the first episode. I could not bring myself to continue. I started the 2nd episode, but after the French king had to be told by the head templar that the pope was coming on the day of his coming, I quit. This show is too small. I guess they don't have the budget to have a multitude of small roles, so the main characters have to do everything.

And really the idiotic battle with the bandits in episode 1 was enough for me to not continue with the show.

the show continues to be small, but the last 4 eps or so were pretty good because the plot of each ep was very well done. There is always a big twist in each ep that leaves you thinking "WHAT?".

It starts in the episode about the marriage between the princess and the prince of navarro

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Season 2 Teaser

There's a second season?  How is that even possible?

Yet -- netflix just put up a second season of Medici and it's at least as bad as the first one, at least judging by about half of the initial episode.  I quit watching at that point.  Life is too short to waste with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived