Convince me that breakfast wasn't a terrible act of self-harm

Stannis Eats No Peaches

They say it's the most important meal of the day, but my breakfast today brought me nothing but misery.

My cornflakes were stale, the milk questionable and to top it off I lost track of time and ended up being 5 minutes late for work.

It's clear that breakfast had a net negative impact on my life today. How do you feel about breakfast, board?

Milk is gross, except with Oreos or when it's turned to cheese or butter or ice cream.  Cereal is usually gross, too.  You've merely suffered a breakfast fail.  Try better next time.  And yeah, definitely get a new job that lets you do whatever you want.  Should be easy.  

1 hour ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

They say it's the most important meal of the day, but my breakfast today brought me nothing but misery.

My cornflakes were stale, the milk questionable and to top it off I lost track of time and ended up being 5 minutes late for work.

It's clear that breakfast had a net negative impact on my life today. How do you feel about breakfast, board?

Breakfast today was pretty insipid and uninspiring (Muesli)

Breakfast yesterday, on the other hand, was absolutley magnificent (Full English at the local farm shop)

My liver holds a different opinion to me - I'm intending to batter into submission next weekend with mulled wine, more cooked breakfast, and whatever passes for beer at Twickenham at the moment.

I don't know what kind of false dietary advice pages you read, but they must be many. Clearly, lunch is the Worst meal of the day, and there are lots and lots of internet polls to prove it is so. You shouldn't believe everything the breakfast hating media writes, cos they are aligned with the lunch-loving illuminati and have secret agendas, in which they will take over the world through lunch restaurant chains. I proudly wear my breakfast cereal hat everywhere I go.

Haters!

I don't understand cereal with milk either. Or cereal alone. Or milk alone. None of these are foods. 

I actually had an excellent breakfast. Admittedly this is because I worked from home and didn't have to be anywhere until 2 and so had it at 1. Had I had it earlier it would have probably been awful. I even managed to take a coffee mug thing on the bus with me, which gives me a sense of competent adulthood and general adequacy like literally nothing else I do. I only manage it once every few weeks.

I breakfasted on a chocolate croissant and coffee.  It was lovely.  There was no harm involved.  Breakfast should involve two of the following three groups, and then all is well:

Bacon

Chocolate

Cheese

Oh, and coffee and/or tea are obviously mandatory to ensure lack of harm...mainly to others though.

24 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I breakfasted on a chocolate croissant and coffee.  It was lovely.  There was no harm involved.  Breakfast should involve two of the following three groups, and then all is well:

Bacon

Chocolate

Cheese

Oh, and coffee and/or tea are obviously mandatory to ensure lack of harm...mainly to others though.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01438/fullenglish_1438972c.jpg

Breakfast of champions, yet it fails your test. Therefore, your test is flawed. QED

6 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I can revise Bacon to Pork of some variety.  That fix it?

There was bacon on that breakfast :P it lacked either chocolate or cheese.

caffeine of some kind is essential for my own wellbeing as well as the wellbeing of those around me.  

2 hours ago, Lyanna Stark said:

I don't know what kind of false dietary advice pages you read, but they must be many. Clearly, lunch is the Worst meal of the day, and there are lots and lots of internet polls to prove it is so. You shouldn't believe everything the breakfast hating media writes, cos they are aligned with the lunch-loving illuminati and have secret agendas, in which they will take over the world through lunch restaurant chains. I proudly wear my breakfast cereal hat everywhere I go.

Haters!

Give me a break. Breakfast Nazis and Lunch fascist have been working to kill the joy of dinner for decades now.

There was a time I tried to loose some weight and did breakfast smoothies for entire month. It was nice... Until I realized how much I miss prosciutto and smoked cheese. Or nutella :D 

Today's breakfast was burek... That is a King of Balkan breakfasts...

http://visitmycountry.net/bosnia_herzegovina/de/images/stories/hrana/burek/photos/burek_01.jpg

Archived