Convince me that breakfast wasn't a terrible act of self-harm

Stannis Eats No Peaches

Now, a cooked breakfast (accompanied by tea, of course) is a thing of delight, but that sort of thing costs time and effort, time I'd rather be spent snoozing. My regular breakfast is a necessary evil, or so I had thought. My experience today has led me to begin question its purpose.

56 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Now, a cooked breakfast (accompanied by tea, of course) is a thing of delight, but that sort of thing costs time and effort, time I'd rather be spent snoozing. My regular breakfast is a necessary evil, or so I had thought. My experience today has led me to begin question its purpose.

Early weekday morning sustenance is best taken in the form of caffeine and the silent, angry vibes of rush hour commuters. Weekend breakfast is best eaten at noon or later, of course.

Fresh blueberries stirred into low fat cottage cheese with a slice of bread (not toasted, no butter) and cup of coffee so black it makes the Black Hole of Calcutta look like an over bright conference room.

Mmmmm Mmmmm Good! 

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

What are those strange round black  thingies?

Bloody sausage? 

4 hours ago, Arkhangel said:

I have a complex relationship with breakfast. As we all know, breakfast foods are the best kind of food there is, but I'm often not sure that I want them at breakfast time. Breakfast for dinner is therefore the best of all possible worlds.

I like breakfast food for after-midnight food :D 

Today I poured my cereal, sat down ready to read the news, had the tea next to me and picked up the carton... which was too light.

No milk.

Breakfast wasted.

24 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Today I poured my cereal, sat down ready to read the news, had the tea next to me and picked up the carton... which was too light.

No milk.

Breakfast wasted.

This is the work of the lunch-mafia. They ruin breakfast with their evil ways. Soon they will be coming for your cereal too. Don't trust them!

Time to stock up on long-life milk, family pack cereals, canned beans and other frozen breakfast food in the family bunker before it's too late.

1 hour ago, Lyanna Stark said:

This is the work of the lunch-mafia. They ruin breakfast with their evil ways. Soon they will be coming for your cereal too. Don't trust them!

Time to stock up on long-life milk, family pack cereals, canned beans and other frozen breakfast food in the family bunker before it's too late.

I KNEW IT!

When you have baked beans for breakfast, can you have them cold? I can. Everyone says I'm weird but I don't mind them straight out of the can. It makes it easier when I have to go into hiding in the bunker.

Lost track of time again today (I'm clearly shit at this "being an adult" business) and decided to forego breakfast to avoid being late for work.

The results are marginally better than yesterday's but I've just had lunch and I'm still hungry. We live in a harsh and unforgiving world.

16 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I KNEW IT!

When you have baked beans for breakfast, can you have them cold? I can. Everyone says I'm weird but I don't mind them straight out of the can. It makes it easier when I have to go into hiding in the bunker.

Hot baked beans are great, but there's something's terribly wrong with you if you eat them cold for breakfast.

22 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I KNEW IT!

As long as it is part of your breakfast, you are still part of the Righteous and not of the Enemy. You can feel safe in your conviction.

8 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Lost track of time again today (I'm clearly shit at this "being an adult" business) and decided to forego breakfast to avoid being late for work.

Heathen! Begone with your foul, non breakfasty corruption. Remove thyself from this land of plenty and may your lunches be always burnt.

Archived