Convince me that breakfast wasn't a terrible act of self-harm

Stannis Eats No Peaches

8 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Beans are great hot - but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be eaten cold - for other examples, see pizza

Literally all of this is incorrect.

3 minutes ago, Lyanna Stark said:

Heathen! Begone with your foul, non breakfasty corruption. Remove thyself from this land of plenty and may your lunches be always burnt.

Look, I wanted breakfast but I just didn't have the time. I couldn't be ate two day in a row; I hear that sort of behaviour is frowned upon outside of university.

3 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Literally all of this is incorrect.

You dislike beans? We have found a witch - may we burn him?

On pizza - I'm told that cold pizza is a good thing, especially for breakfast. I'm personally unsure of the process of creating cold pizza - it seems strange and scary to me.

in my kitchen breakfast soup and breakfast tacos reign supreme . 

my staff enjoy birth heartily. yesterday was a pork broth with slices of sausage, kale, blackened peas and chilies.

today will be bacon and eggs on warm corn tortillas with tomatillo salsa.

oh, and cereal sucks. sorry.

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

Yup - although the picture quoted is missing out onwhite pudding, and hash browns.

I also prefer my fried slice done a bit better than that - though that's pure personal preference.

I like white pudding, hash browns and haggis, But none of them have any place on a Full English.

I am an avowed breakfast lover, but I have never found the Full English Breakfast appealing.

Breakfast tacos are very nice. I like scrambled eggs with any combination of [ toast | breakfast potatoes | hash browns | bacon | croissant ]. Sometimes I fry the eggs, but I usually prefer to spice them in some way and eat them on toast. Oatmeal is good if you put good things in it. If I have the time shakshuka is a nice breakfast. Sometimes on the weekends I will make waffles. Sometimes pancakes, but rarely, because waffles are generally superior.

Cereal is not the best, but it is very fast and takes no effort, if you're in a hurry.

This morning I had spiced berries on toasted crumpets with greek yoghurt and honey. 'Twas very good.

I have a confession to all my fellow UKers. I'm not a huge fan of the full English. It's okay, sometimes I'm in the mood for it, but it's usually not my preference. I don't like baked beans, prefer streaky bacon to back bacon, hate tinned tomatoes, prefer fried cherry tomatoes to full-sized, don't like fried bread etc. My favourite breakfast by far is bacon and pancakes with maple syrup. It's my Canadian heritage I think.

I invented a fine breakfast thing once. 

first I shredded potatoes and cooked them as one might hashbrowns in a disc shape. I then added kale, eggs and bacon and cooked it like fritatta. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/h3r3t1c/Mobile Uploads/FB_IMG_1480422372253_zps1xfk9sd1.jpg

eerily Facebook reminded me of this today.

I failed breakfast today, but thanks to this thread decided to insist on my bus coffee mug. Only to find I took one that leaked whenever tilted. Did throw it away once I was off the train, which I'm pleased with as part of a general de-cluttering effort. So, general fail, as I'm covered in coffee stains.

38 minutes ago, Hereward said:

Recent negative developments in the Heinz bean to sauce ratio have caused me much heartache. I now champion the Branston Baked Bean.

I can't remember the last time I had Heinz beans -- I usually make mine from scratch. But should I be in your fine corner of the world, I will look out for Branston. (Is that the same Branston as in pickle?)

1 hour ago, Lyanna Stark said:

Not considering ASDA's own brand or Tesco Value then eh? :P

As a member of the distressed gentlefolk, I allow myself one or two luxuries.

1 hour ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I can't remember the last time I had Heinz beans -- I usually make mine from scratch. But should I be in your fine corner of the world, I will look out for Branston. (Is that the same Branston as in pickle?)

Certainly is.

Archived