Convince me that breakfast wasn't a terrible act of self-harm

Stannis Eats No Peaches

3 hours ago, Liffguard said:

This morning I had spiced berries on toasted crumpets with greek yoghurt and honey. 'Twas very good.

I have a confession to all my fellow UKers. I'm not a huge fan of the full English. It's okay, sometimes I'm in the mood for it, but it's usually not my preference. I don't like baked beans, prefer streaky bacon to back bacon, hate tinned tomatoes, prefer fried cherry tomatoes to full-sized, don't like fried bread etc. My favourite breakfast by far is bacon and pancakes with maple syrup. It's my Canadian heritage I think.

Maple syrup is truly a gift of the gods and should be the only syrup allowed by LAW!  Vermont produces some quality maple syrup as well.  It should be mainlined into the veins, whenever possible.

37 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Maple syrup is truly a gift of the gods and should be the only syrup allowed by LAW!  Vermont produces some quality maple syrup as well.  It should be mainlined into the veins, whenever possible.

My husband does not like maple syrup and in fact prefers maple flavored corn syrup of the Aunt Jemima variety.  He is wrong.  We therefore have two syrup alternatives in our house at all times.  One that is correct and one that simply shouldn't exist.  It's actually a hole into the void through which void crabs may currently be crawling.

20 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Unless you count coffee I never eat breakfast. I'd have to get up earlier to do so and I'd rather have the extra sleep. Breakfast foods are good though and brinner is awesome every once in a while. 

Is coffee counted in beans, cups, or Euros?

2 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

My husband does not like maple syrup and in fact prefers maple flavored corn syrup of the Aunt Jemima variety.  He is wrong.  We therefore have two syrup alternatives in our house at all times.  One that is correct and one that simply shouldn't exist.  It's actually a hole into the void through which void crabs may currently be crawling.

Oh, dear.  I'm stunned by the news!  Oh, and the crabs are worrisome too.

26 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Completely.  Reassuringly, he does like bacon, and makes a pretty good fried egg, so, you know, on the breakfast front I guess it works out?

Well since he likes bacon and eggs he can't be all bad I suppose.  

A little Maple syrup is wonderful on bacon.  Just sayin' 

This discrimination of food is abhorrent. It seems that SOME food should be eaten ONLY in certain period of time. This is absurd... Like, what have our forefathers fought for, if not to eat whatever we want when we want.

"I have a dream... And if the world is to become great again, we must enjoy the food, damnit" 

Breakfast in the morning would be the worst thing ever if it wasn't for the greater evil of lunch. Eating one meal every 24 hours between the hours of 4-8 pm is the way to go. 

However, eating any of the things classified as breakfast foods within this timeframe is acceptable. 

12 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Hot baked beans are great, but there's something's terribly wrong with you if you eat them cold for breakfast.

Don't knock it. It's my staple diet. :P 

37 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Inspired.  Having breakfast for dinner.  Huevos rancheros, bacon, ham, a VERY small helping of greens, over tortillas.  Topped with cotijas.  And beer.

You've never had breakfast for dinner before? What sort of heathen ARE you?

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Bacon is the only true breakfast food, but I rarely get to have it. So I am self harming with breakfast most of the time.

More than that, it's one of the holy trinity*

Bacon, garlic and chocolate: any food can be improved by the addition of one of the trinity... except the trinity themselves.

1 hour ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Blasphemy.  Bacon is an any time food :)

I should clarify that being the only true breakfast food, does not preclude it from being eaten at all times of the day or night. After all, everything is better with bacon.

Many foods traditionally regarded as breakfast foods (waffles, pancakes, cereal) are in fact far more suited to and confer much greater satisfaction when eaten at other times of day.

It is acceptable to accompany bacon at breakfast with buttered toast, eggs and hot baked beans, and has browns if you feel the day is going to be a particularly taxing one.

Yogurt, being effectively baby vomit manufactured in vitro, is an unsuitable breakfast adjunct.

Archived