Convince me that breakfast wasn't a terrible act of self-harm

Stannis Eats No Peaches

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

Today I ate cake for breakfast, so it cant be all bad.

This is acceptable within the sights of Holy Congregation of the Church of Larry's Breakfast. We endorse and condone your cake eating habits and any sort of pain au chocolate.

PS. This means we redact any burning of you as a witch, heretic or idolator.

at work sometimes the El Salvadoran cooks will make us a traditional breakfast of their nation.  

it is fried plantains, pureed black beans, crema and a salty crumbled cheese. 

I like it a lot.

when in  Iceland breakfast was smoked, pickled and chilled fishes, skyr,  butter, and a sweet dark bread each morning. 

also very delicious !

27 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

at work sometimes the El Salvadoran cooks will make us a traditional breakfast of their nation.  

it is fried plantains, pureed black beans, crema and a salty crumbled cheese. 

I like it a lot.

when in  Iceland breakfast was smoked, pickled and chilled fishes, skyr,  butter, and a sweet dark bread each morning. 

also very delicious !

They both sound wonderful.

On 04/12/2016 at 7:08 PM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, showing it no mercy by eating it on cereal makes sense then?

In certain server cases of breakfast failure, no mercy is the correct way to go. Harsh, but fair. Randyll Tarly would approve and you know it, Ser Scot!

This thread is amazing!

No mention yet of the Full Welsh Breakfast, complete with the wonder of laverbread and cockles.

I say mix up the full Scottish, English and Welsh breakfasts and create the ultimate in British fried breakfast magnificence. Perhaps only reserved for a lazy Sunday with no Sunday roast planned for later though.

That said, french toast and fruit or a perfectly done Eggs Benedict are wonderful options.

On 12/4/2016 at 1:08 PM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, showing it no mercy by eating it on cereal makes sense then?

Seems you've found the legal loophole, Counsellor.  

Well done!

And good work on the cake for breaky, GK.  Breakfast today was huevos rancheros and the last slice of pecan cheesecake leftover from Thanksgiving.  And rum in the coffee because there is no whiskey (!?!).   

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

In Colombia, I usually ate arepa de huevo for breakfast. http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/arepa-filled-with-egg-arepa-de-huevo
Or I had pan de yuca or almojábanas. http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/colombian-cheese-bread-almojabanas

In Belize, we either made tortillas fresh, and ate them with refried beans and cheese, or we made fry jacks, and ate those with refried beans and cheese. https://www.sanignaciobelize.com/blog/view-article/articleid/177/belize-fry-jack-recipe All of these were served with hot (read: scotch bonnet) peppers, Marie Sharpe's hot sauce, and sometimes fried water spinach. 

I tried to make are arepas de huevo this morning. It went great up until the filling stage. It was hard to make a clean slit and hard to turn a slit into a proper pocket. When I poured the egg in most of it spilled out. I ended up basically just eating arepas topped with fried eggs, which was fine but not really the goal. Any advice? 

Burek. Fattish fatty dripping with fat dough, it can be filled with meat or other stuff like spinach I think? Some person further south than myself would know better, but that is the way I have seen it. I am not a fan of it though.

8 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

I want to go to Serbia for breakfast

Lunch and dinner are in the same tone :D

Come thin and go fat... That's our motto

8 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

What is that third pic and how can I get it immediately?

Yeah, as Buck said, it is burek... It is very popular in Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia... It is filo pastry stuffed with meat, spinach, cheese etc.

51 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Burek. Fattish fatty dripping with fat dough, it can be filled with meat or other stuff like spinach I think? Some person further south than myself would know better, but that is the way I have seen it. I am not a fan of it though.

Blasphemy... Who are you and what you have done to our decent pal, Buck? She would appreciate BUREK for what it is, God's gift to mortal men and sworn enemy of all possible diets.

5 hours ago, Risto said:

Yeah, as Buck said, it is burek... It is very popular in Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia... It is filo pastry stuffed with meat, spinach, cheese etc.

I'm pretty sure I had those in Dubrovnik a few months ago, from a little traditional pastry shop just a few hundred meters from where they film some of the King's Landing scenes of the TV show (close to the Pile Gate and its bus stop, if anyone's interested).
I would eat those any time of the day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, I just didn't care at all and would often just pick one to snack on while walking the streets of the old town. They're fantastic. Tasty and filling. Careful about grease stains though... ;)

Börek is not uncommon in Germany (provided by the same little Turkish shops/food joints that one can get Döner Kebap) but it is usually eaten for lunch or just as a snack, maybe "second breakfast" (around 10 or so, if one started the day early). It is fattish and quite filling but while it has been ages that I ate one, I used to like them quite a bit. In the 1990s it was a common veggie snack option because they are often done with spinach and feta cheese.

7 hours ago, Rippounet said:

I'm pretty sure I had those in Dubrovnik a few months ago, from a little traditional pastry shop just a few hundred meters from where they film some of the King's Landing scenes of the TV show (close to the Pile Gate and its bus stop, if anyone's interested).
I would eat those any time of the day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, I just didn't care at all and would often just pick one to snack on while walking the streets of the old town. They're fantastic. Tasty and filling. Careful about grease stains though... ;)

Well, here is a dirty little secret... As much as the nationalist assess in Belgrade, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Podgorica trying to argue, we actually have the same cuisine, language etc. Yes, there are some regional differences, but that's that. So, the idea of Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian etc cuisine is basically Yugoslav cuisine. That is why you can eat all these dishes in national restaurants all over the world. If you enter Croatian restaurant or Serbian restaurant in, IDK, Germany or USA, the food would practically be the same.

So, yeah, it is more than reasonable to assume you had it in Dubrovnik.

21 hours ago, Risto said:

Blasphemy... Who are you and what you have done to our decent pal, Buck? She would appreciate BUREK for what it is, God's gift to mortal men and sworn enemy of all possible diets.

Sorry. :blushing: I swear I am a decent human being otherwise, I just do not eat burek. I am a devoted fan of sarma though, if that makes things better?

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Sorry. :blushing: I swear I am a decent human being otherwise, I just do not eat burek. I am a devoted fan of sarma though, if that makes things better?

Sarma makes everything better... :D Seriously, there is nothing sarma can't cure, according to the ancient Serbian rituals...

For those asking WTH is sarma...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_0ItzggMSqAY/S5xkjrf769I/AAAAAAAABmg/ehd1sk4NNUc/1232v1_thumb1.jpg?imgmax=800

Archived