Convince me that breakfast wasn't a terrible act of self-harm

Stannis Eats No Peaches

13 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

What is the deal with any food made from flour, even something as insubstantial as a tortilla, being labeled 'unhealthy'.  

I know you didn't specifically say this but the War on Grains is kind of starting to chafe.  It's a tortilla, not a donut.  

You're reading too much into my comment. Leap and I have talked about healthy food in the exercise thread. That's all I was getting at. And I didn't say tortillas are unhealthy. I eat them all the time. I was just saying that everything else is really healthy. 

18 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

What is the deal with any food made from flour, even something as insubstantial as a tortilla, being labeled 'unhealthy'.  

I know you didn't specifically say this but the War on Grains is kind of starting to chafe.  It's a tortilla, not a donut.  

In my country, Novak Djokovic introduced us to the horrors of the gluten. I swear, half of the nation didn't even know how to spell gluten before he came along.

I just realized we haven't spoken about fruit as breakfast... I understand that @Stannis Eats No Peaches, well, have something against ripe, sweet peaches, but what about others? :D 

2 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

I have found that raisins vastly improve a bowl of cornflakes, but beyond that I'm not big on fruit for breakfast.

I don't even know what to think of you now.  Raisins?!?  What sort of heathen are you?

Watermelon is my go to breakfast if I'm somewhere hot. Fruit of any kind is actually my favourite kind of breakfast because it's easy to take with me when I'm rushing about on a morning. 

This morning I had yoghurt with apple compote.

So, no bacon, go ahead and sue me!

2 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

I have found that raisins vastly improve a bowl of cornflakes, but beyond that I'm not big on fruit for breakfast.

Even we in the Church of Breakfast and loyal followers of Larry think this is just a bit beyond the pale. Sort yourself out man. Raisins. Really.

On November 30, 2016 at 8:37 PM, Inigima said:

I am interested to hear about other people's favorite breakfasts that aren't the standard American options. I love them but I crave variety.

You should look into polenta.  Its basically just boiled corn meal baked in a pan with whatever else you want it to taste like.  Its not really supposed to be great by itself, though how you prep it makes a difference, so, like pasta, its really just a means for delivering other yummies to your tongue.

I was introduced to it in New Mexico, so my polenta gets cheese and chiles and bit of seasoning etc.  Makes a great base for Tex-mex style breakfasts; either crumbled into scrambles like your Migas, or just with a skillet of onion/garlic/chorizo/etc poured over with some green chili, or enchilada-type sauce.  

You can easily make a pan of it big enough for several meals over the course of a week.  Or it can be cut into squares to be frozen and then reheated as needed.

1 hour ago, Lyanna Stark said:

I agree. The raisin stained glove has been picked up and the challenge accepted. Get the lances ready for the tilt, sharp ends of course. The righteous breakfast champion shall win the day.

Speaking of breakfast of champions, let's skewer a few olives on that lance, and chuck it into some gin.  Alas!  I have olives and skewers but no gin.  

Vodka, you will serve as the gin's proxy and champion, at dawn tomorrow, over breakfast.

1 hour ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

You people are the heathens here. Raisins work surprisingly well with cornflakes and milk.

I eat raisins only in my baklava...

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Watermelon is my go to breakfast if I'm somewhere hot. Fruit of any kind is actually my favourite kind of breakfast because it's easy to take with me when I'm rushing about on a morning. 

This morning I had yoghurt with apple compote.

So, no bacon, go ahead and sue me!

To quote Danny Crane "Are you a communist?"

8 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Fruit with breakfast is fine.  Fruit as breakfast seems somehow...lacking.

Is there a name for breakfast-dessert? Or would that be the second breakfast Aragorn-style? :D

Archived