How would you punish house Bolton?

Stormking902

I mean come on house Bolton has rebelled against the Starks to many times to count even going so far as to skin Stark royalty alive and even burn WF to the ground yet some how they manage to keep the Dreadfort and their lands each time this is a huge plot hole IMO but thats another topic. Lets say you are I believe it was Cregan Stark who put down the last Bolton rebllion how do you punish the Boltons??? 

2 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

I mean come on house Bolton has rebelled against the Starks to many times to count even going so far as to skin Stark royalty alive and even burn WF to the ground yet some how they manage to keep the Dreadfort and their lands each time this is a huge plot hole IMO but thats another topic. Lets say you are I believe it was Cregan Stark who put down the last Bolton rebllion how do you punish the Boltons??? 

actually the consencus is that they probably did not rebel more then 2 times and possibly the references to the Bolton's rebelling may al be about just 1 rebellion.

I'm in favor of gruesome deaths for Roose and Ramsay, but going full Castamere on the whole house seems excessively Tywin. GRRM often shows us that the lordly houses are each a mixed bag of nuts, with good and bad throughout their history. The late Domeric Bolton, for instance, sounds like a decent guy (from the little we know of him).

I'd attaint them and send them to the Night's Watch. The people living among them would be given some leniency and expected to live under their new lords.

Which wouldn't be hard - I can't imagine the Boltons commanded much loyalty.

Strip them of their titles, execute the lord, send the heir to the wall on a short leash and distribute their lands amongst the other Lords and have the Dreadfort torn down to be reused as building supplies for lesser keeps. Whilst Castles shouldn't be wasted the Dreadfort is a symbol that needs to be wiped clean if only to break a cycle.

If I was the Lord Paramount of the North:

Kill Roose (if my bannermen have some fancy consensus on how to do, I'm all for it), flay Ramsay and maybe even do what John Doe suggested seems more than fair after all he's done.

Any cousins/uncles/possible heirs with the Bolton name have the possibility of total submission like the Wall, or a steward to some house, a chain about their neck is also welcome. The females I would marry to petty lords or maybe whoever holds the Dreadfort in my name. Assuming I didn't have the castle destroyed, which I would very much do depending on the circumstances.

Archived