Many questions about Dragon Eggs

Rob Storm

4 hours ago, Shuvuuia said:

Did you forget Daenora or was there something about not having enough eggs for her? (although they could've given her Baelor's or Valarr/Matarys's, if she was born later).

I wonder if there was an egg hierarchy - could they give Daeron II's egg to newly born Daenora, or would it have to wait for Aerys's or Aelor's son?

Danys black egg was larger than the other two, and then grew the fastest.  It seems possible that larger eggs could be considered more valuable.

• 1 month later...
On 29.11.2016 at 4:50 PM, Lord Varys said:

And speaking about that - I forget the egg of Princess Daenerys which could have ended up in the possession of House Martell. Although nothing suggests that they still retain it if they ever had it. Back then Daeron II might have demanded that his sister return the egg before she left for Dorne.

Had Princess Daella been demanded to return the egg before marrying Rodrick Arren?...

As for the topic... I speculated once that Butterwell's egg (deep red with black and golden whorls and dots, as I can remember) originally belonged to Daeron II and was taken away from him by his royal father, who suspected Daeron was not his trueborn son. But now I think it is too much.

There is also a theory that the eggs of the Three Maidens in the Tower are now Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion. Viserion, by the way, has some kind of attraction to Ben Plumm, probably Elaena's grandson.

17 minutes ago, LIVIA said:

Had Princess Daella been demanded to return the egg before marrying Rodrick Arren?...

No idea. But then, we don't know whether Princess Daella had a dragon egg. She could actually have had a living dragon. Not to mention that Jaehaerys I might still have handed living dragon hatchlings to his children rather than giving them eggs. Aenys I had no egg, and his children also seem to have given dragons rather than dragon eggs.

As for the topic... I speculated once that Butterwell's egg (deep red with black and golden whorls and dots, as I can remember) originally belonged to Daeron II and was taken away from him by his royal father, who suspected Daeron was not his trueborn son. But now I think it is too much.

That's not very likely. However, the Butterwell egg could have Daena's if she died during the reign of Aegon the Unworthy. But then, the Targaryens back then seemed to have had plenty of dragon eggs, not all of which might have been in possession of individuals but the property of the king.

There is also a theory that the eggs of the Three Maidens in the Tower are now Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion. Viserion, by the way, has some kind of attraction to Ben Plumm, probably Elaena's grandson.

Considering that it is more likely that Dany's eggs are the eggs found by Aerys II on Dragonstone I doubt that Elaena's egg is Viserion's. Unless, of course, Elaena's egg somehow ended up on Dragonstone and was lost there. One actually wonders what happened with Elaena's egg. Did it go to Viserys Plumm? One of her bastards by Alyn Velaryon? Or to one of the Penrose children? Or did the Iron Throne demand it back upon her death?

Archived