Lord Friendzone

Speculations, news, theories for season 7. (includes leaks )

1,674 posts in this topic

Since I tried two times to start strictly a leaks discussing thread and it was rejected. Sort of compromise. New thread about discussing theories, speculations on our part for next season of Game of Thrones. You can include leaks info (from redditor awayforthelads) but you have to properly cover it up/mark it as leaks info - for innocent souls who hasn't be spoiled up until this point. Info from Watchers on the Wall and Los Siete Reinos does not count as leaks, just as piece of news. 

As always, keep the discussion civil and on topic.

Let's start with this. It seems Riverlands plot won't be over as some of thought. Could be that Arya will free Edmure and cause more chaos among Freys? Will Edmure become ruler of Riverlands or not?http://watchersonthewall.com/two-new-irish-additions-game-thrones-season-7/#comment-761330

Cover your leaks spoilers this way.

Leaks

Winter is coming.

Edited by Lord Friendzone

I just tried starting a leak thread didn't realize you had started one. :P

It seems that we will get more of the Riverlands then expected, which should be interest. I wonder what the actor who will be playing a Frey was filming in Spain, obviously some outdoor stuff, but what exactly. 

1 hour ago, DragonDreamer said:

I just tried starting a leak thread didn't realize you had started one. :P

It seems that we will get more of the Riverlands then expected, which should be interest. I wonder what the actor who will be playing a Frey was filming in Spain, obviously some outdoor stuff, but what exactly. 

It's not actually strictly a leaks thread...I tried to start thread about leaks twice, but it was rejected each time. This is more of speculations and theories based on info we have including leaks. This is why I said cover your leaks spoilers from redditor awayforthelads and better to even mark them as leak spoilers before posting it, so innocent souls can be spared of being spoiled. You can also post theories and speculation not based on leaks. We still have not a clear ida of a plot, especially for Winterfell, Bran, and Riverlands. Also, King's Landing is a bit shady with this extravanganza on the streets of the city.

I'd say that guy Rory Dignam is playing a Lannister or a Tarly soldier or somebody in the plot, not a Frey He's apparently a skilled fighter (can be see in his CV) and filmed aroun 16th of November. Riverlands scenes are being filmed in Belfast outdoor or indoor.

We're going to see more of Riverlands and hopefully Edmure, Roslin and their infant son. Also would like to see Edmure being reinstated into his position and rule Riverlands. Tullys back like Starks.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

It's not actually strictly a leaks thread...I tried to start thread about leaks twice, but it was rejected each time. This is more of speculations and theories based on info we have including leaks. This is why I said cover your leaks spoilers from redditor awayforthelads and better to even mark them as leak spoilers before posting it, so innocent souls can be spared of being spoiled. You can also post theories and speculation not based on leaks. We still have not a clear ida of a plot, especially for Winterfell, Bran, and Riverlands. Also, King's Landing is a bit shady with this extravanganza on the streets of the city.

I'd say that guy Rory Dignam is playing a Lannister or a Tarly soldier or somebody in the plot, not a Frey He's apparently a skilled fighter (can be see in his CV) and filmed aroun 16th of November. Riverlands scenes are being filmed in Belfast outdoor or indoor.

We're going to see more of Riverlands and hopefully Edmure, Roslin and their infant son. Also would like to see Edmure being reinstated into his position and rule Riverlands. Tullys back like Starks.

Gotcha! 

I'd like to see Edmure again, as the series is wrapping up they also need to start wrapping up these loose threads. Making him Lord of the Riverlands again should take care of that. 

Third times the charm, hopefully :D

I really hope Edmure is shown again as it would be very odd for D&D to have Arya spend enough time at the Twins to inflitrate, have time to serve up Frey pie and not free her uncle the rightful lord of Riverrun and his family. Im calling it, if she does free Edmure the Riverlords will fall back in line since everyone hates the Freys.

Spoiler

IGNORE SPOILER TAG, COULDN'T ERASE IT :P

http://watchersonthewall.com/sophie-turner-sansas-future-threats-season-7/

Sophie strikes again.

Spoiler

Then again we know about the political conflict between Arya and Sansa from WOTW. And with Bran returning, Sansa will no longer be Lady of Winterfell. This might sting her a bit.

As for feeling insecure. Of course she will, she doesn't actually have any experience in ruling. She's not a trained leader. The Lords and others will undoubtedly question her decisions/actions. She cannot just expect everyone to bend to her will simply because she carries the Stark name like she did in season 6.

Edited by Evarei

2 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Third times the charm, hopefully :D

I really hope Edmure is shown again as it would be very odd for D&D to have Arya spend enough time at the Twins to inflitrate, have time to serve up Frey pie and not free her uncle the rightful lord of Riverrun and his family. Im calling it, if she does free Edmure the Riverlords will fall back in line since everyone hates the Freys.

Reveal hidden contents

IGNORE SPOILER TAG, COULDN'T ERASE IT :P

I am trying for the third time. If it gets approved, let's move any debate for leaks there (speaking freely without covering it) and this one theories and speculations with or without leaks and cover them.

59 minutes ago, Evarei said:

http://watchersonthewall.com/sophie-turner-sansas-future-threats-season-7/

Sophie strikes again.

Reveal hidden contents

Then again we know about the political conflict between Arya and Sansa from WOTW. And with Bran returning, Sansa will no longer be Lady of Winterfell. This might sting her a bit.

As for feeling insecure. Of course she will, she doesn't actually have any experience in ruling. She's not a trained leader. The Lords and others will undoubtedly question her decisions/actions. She cannot just expect everyone to bend to her will simply because she carries the Stark name like she did in season 6.

She's a girl and you know how patriarchy works. They ignored her in her eyes and her actions will be questioned by them. Especially, since they seem to respect Jon more but even with him it might be questioned.

Leaks.

Arya and Bran returning will pose a threat to her. More so than LF. It would be interesting to see. [/ spoiler]

One scene I really want is like a feast at the Red Keep, like to celebrate Cersei's ascendency to the Iron Throne, or just a small council meeting.

Spoiler

She could have Euron, Qyburn, the Tarlys, etc all present, and just have a really tense and menacing scene. Like a legion of doom meeting lol. I know leaks don't mention any sort of meetings, but they didn't exclude them either. The first four seasons had so much pomp and flashiness in KL, and we haven't seen too much of that lately. So I wanna get back to that and have Cersei just showing off how rich and cool she is. 

I just don't/didn't see this power hungry Sansa the D's have been trying to portray.She seemed all about family to me. I remember when she cried at a dinner with Cersei  after Tommen asked about the possibility of Joff killing Robb. She kept talking about people "betraying her family". When LF told her she could be named Wardeness of the North she seemed very unsure. I am really not happy about power hungry Sansa because I feel that they show hasn't set it up for me. If they go that route then I feel they don't respect my time as a viewer. They need to set up plots. 

Just now, Bear Claw said:

I just don't/didn't see this power hungry Sansa the D's have been trying to portray.She seemed all about family to me. I remember when she cried at a dinner with Cersei  after Tommen asked about the possibility of Joff killing Robb. She kept talking about people "betraying her family". When LF told her she could be named Wardeness of the North she seemed very unsure. I am really not happy about power hungry Sansa because I feel that they show hasn't set it up for me. If they go that route then I feel they don't respect my time as a viewer. They need to set up plots. 

It seems they don't understand many characters. Tyrion is a much darker character, Cersei is a psycho, Dany is lacking her self doubt and why she wants the Iron Throne in the first place, Jon is barely an average sworfighter in the books, yet more skilled in tactics, politics. It seems they took "You know nothing Jon Snow" too literally. Sansa is about family and her life up until recent events showed her that and to appreciate what she didn't realized in the beginning... which made fans questioned D&D and how they understand her or other characters.

There was supposed to be friction betwen them as Jon and Sansa and yet people are questioning them. Maybe something to do with portrayl of it because Sansa looked happy for Jon, not distrusting his judgement.

a popular theory a couple years back was that Sansa would become Cersei, for lack of a better word. This seems to be D&D's attempt at toying with that. It obviously won't last, but a teenage having a really bitchy phase is not unheard of. 

I can see Sansa becoming much more dark in the book series but there is no way Benioff and Weiss would take it that far. I mean, look how they have portrayed Tyrion for an example of what they do with grey characters. 

A scene for s7 being filmed has leaked. Major spoilers

Spoiler

Damn, they nuke that guy's ass

Edited by Evarei

2 hours ago, Evarei said:

A scene for s7 being filmed has leaked. Major spoilers

Hide contents

Damn, they nuke that guy's ass

I'm so confused here. What am Iooking at here lol

Just now, dsug said:

I'm so confused here. What am Iooking at here lol

Leaks.

Part of ambush sequence between Lannisters, Tarlys and Dany with Dothraki army.

Spoiler

Sounds like 'Run [or fly] Khaleesi, withdraw for assistance!'.

Edited by Evarei

Spoiler

Someone on Reddit said it was "Run Khaleesi, what foul witchcraft is this?" and now that's all I can hear when it plays.    

I'm thinking Qyburn came up with some other toys aside from that ballista.

@Ser Wun Wun

Spoiler

I hope so. I don't want any clean victories for Khaleesi. Maybe it's some type of wildfire bomb?