Lord Friendzone

Speculations, news, theories for season 7. (includes leaks )

2,165 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Newstar said:

They joked about killing her off in Season 8. It wouldn't matter if she died in Season 7.

Could be as a corpse, like with Tywin.

I think the joke in the pannel was about killing her in s7, not in s8 IIRC.

It would matter for me, 'cause I like her (although she is not among my top 5, but I love all the Starks).

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Well, to me all of them are similar looks. I guess the purpose of all this is to replace him with Ser Hyle Hunt's counterpart in the books in order to move the JB relationship forward in s8, making Jaime be amore ware of his feelings for her (Thanks @Cridefea that was your idea) or also to make the audience emphsize that iTormund is not who Brienne loves, but Jaime.

So far it's just been a bit of comedy, but yeah it could turn out to have some purpose along those lines.

I doubt Tormund has any reason to get hanged by crazy BwBs though, not sure if they're ever gonna do that part.
A part of the BwB might hate wildlings or something, but we've already been there with the NW, so probably not.

8 hours ago, maudisdottir said:

Jon looks like he's on Dragonstone. I don't think the Winterfell crypts have windows.

These are not windows and what would he'd be doing at Dragonstone crypts? This is Winterfell.

More tidbits from Lads2:

1. The Hound and the other members of the BWB get taken prisoner by the wildlings when the wildlings see them approaching from the south and the BWB refuse to state their business.

2. The writers imply that Qyburn invented the anti-dragon gun.

3. One poster pointed out that Jon slamming LF against a wall is like what Ned did to LF in Season 1. Lads2 says that the script actually says that Jon's movements echo Ned's.

4. Melisandre is in 7x02 and 7x03. She advises Dany that Jon should be summoned. Melisandre's scenes amount to a scene with Dany and then a scene with Varys where she talks about bringing ice and fire together.

5. Jorah returns to Dany early into 7x05, and the first thing he sees is Dany and Jon standing close together and talking.

6 minutes ago, Newstar said:

More tidbits from Lads2:

1. The Hound and the other members of the BWB get taken prisoner by the wildlings when the wildlings see them approaching from the south and the BWB refuse to state their business.

2. The writers imply that Qyburn invented the anti-dragon gun.

3. One poster pointed out that Jon slamming LF against a wall is like what Ned did to LF in Season 1. Lads2 says that the script actually says that Jon's movements echo Ned's.

4. Melisandre is in 7x02 and 7x03. She advises Dany that Jon should be summoned. Melisandre's scenes amount to a scene with Dany and then a scene with Varys where she talks about bringing ice and fire together.

5. Jorah returns to Dany early into 7x05, and the first thing he sees is Dany and Jon standing close together and talking.

this one not very difficult to guess.....LOL just like everybody knows what will be happening with him if the boatlove happens

32 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Both of them burned an innocent person as a sacrifice, but Melisandre is more regretful while Daenerys not one bit.
Wonder if that's gonna play any hint of a role?

And Varys, everyone seems to already have forgotten about Kinvara - hopefully the scene's gonna be more than just that?

Plinketto Board music lmao

Edited by Pink Fat Rast

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Both of them burned an innocent person as a sacrifice, but Melisandre is more regretful while Daenerys not one bit.
Wonder if that's gonna play any hint of a role?

And Varys, everyone seems to already have forgotten about Kinvara - hopefully the scene's gonna be more than just that?

Plinketto Board music lmao

ladspart2 says cersei is happy to be pregnant, although she wakes up covered in blood two episodes later. implied to be a miscarriage. 

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

More tidbits from Lads2:

Well, he must not be legit because this is just more Jon/Sansa and Ned/Cat parallels, and why have those with no Jonsa???

On 4/19/2017 at 0:40 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, but we also have Sansa not being specially "very fond" of Sandor at the beginning (especially in the show), although that quickly changes. It's just that they have not get to know eachother yet, although from the first time they meet she is not scared -in fact it's Joffrey who tells her that The Hound is scary- (that doesn't fit the classic movie), but she is not scared of Tyrion either.

We have that scene in which she says: you wouldn't hurt me....and him asking her to leave with him and she saying no.

I think that also mirrors the Disney's movie here. But in another way. I mean, in the movie, The Beast tells her she can leave so as to save her father, and he lets her go. Here is the contrary, but metaphorically it's the same. He lets her stay, even that he wants her to be  with him like in the movie.

And with Sandor we have the scene in which he saves her from the mutiny, which is very similar to the one of the wolves in the movie, (the moment when she decides to stay even that she is no longer a hostage, and will stay with him willingly because he has saved her life), and Sandor also protects her with the cloak....he also cleans her face of tears when she has had to see her father's head....etc.

With Tyrion, I agree that there is the hostage thing in the castle, but bear in mind that it's not Tyrion who is making her stay there, it's Cersei and Joffrey, actually. So in theory I think this particular point of the classic is also another one not being "adapted" in Got. It should be The Beast who makes her stay there because he has the power. Conversely, I think that when she decides to stay this can be more similar to that particular moment of the movie because at that moment Sandor has the power to make her stay with him, (no matter the where, but with him).

What you say about the marriage being the metaphore of the  imprisoment is interesting, but I don't see it as plausible due to the lack of other things.

So to sum up, I think George is using the core elements of the story, but she is not adapting everything, of course.

There is also the fact that Sandor is always there since the beginning: in Bran, AGOT, 

. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound.

And of course, as it is pointed in this thread, George is very aware of the Sansan-batb thing:

but he has said nothing about Tyrion and Sansa as a BaTB story. He would not tell us that she ends up with one, or another, or another we don't know, etc, but I think he'd like to comment on that BaTB story if Tyrion was involved, IMHO.

This, taken as a separate thing,  would apply to both of them, yes, but we have to look at the bigger picture. 

I don't agree, the part of Tyrion is out of context.

I've read the Mercy thread and to me it's the Braavosis mocking the events of the previous books/ the  Kingslanding system. I don't see it as foreshadowing of anything, but I don't take it as denying the realities we have read or watched, such as that Tyrion and Sansa didn't love eachother when they married, either.

I had never seen those events as such (the Beast dying) or the mirror, so thanks. It's very interesting. IMO JB are a modern version of BaTB, with even more freedom in terms of writing than  the more "classic" botb of SanSan.

I have not read the classic tales, I was just looking for them the other day but I can't find them. I'd be interested in reading them, although I think George is following the version of Cocteau/Disney due to the parallels.

I was a bit confused at the beginning, I didn't know what you were referring to with "my thread", and I thought you were referring to the JB thread and I was clueless, lol.

At the end of the day, I think we can all evidence to back our preferred ending; you guys certainly don't lack it, but what if I were right? lol no way to know, so I am going to call it moot on my part until we know the ending.  I have reasons for my prefered ending as I am sure you have too,   Honestly, if the topic comes up I feel like giving my two cents but until the end... either of us could be right...

1 minute ago, Bear Claw said:

Well, he must not be legit because this is just more Jon/Sansa and Ned/Cat parallels, and why have those with no Jonsa???

love isn't just romantic

jon loves sansa as a sister. 

12 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

At the end of the day, I think we can all evidence to back our preferred ending; you guys certainly don't lack it, but what if I were right? lol no way to know, so I am going to call it moot on my part until we know the ending.  I have reasons for my prefered ending as I am sure you have too,   Honestly, if the topic comes up I feel like giving my two cents but until the end... either of us could be right...

Yes, we can just agree to disagree on that topic.

19 minutes ago, dsug said:

love isn't just romantic

jon loves sansa as a sister. 

Then they shouldn't parallel Jon/Sansa with Ned/Cat. However, I am sure this Lads 2 is all wrong.

29 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

Jaime next to Cersei after everything... I cringed.

But they still do it..., it makes no sense.

Jon slamming LF up against a wall in the crypts sounds like something that is likely to make the trailers, since it's a non-spoilery bit of action. Let's see if it shows up.

17 minutes ago, dsug said:

Jaime is madly in love with Cersei. 

well, we still don't know what's happening. I don't think he is madly in love. At most, he just has no brains due to the possible writing.

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

well, we still don't know what's happening. I don't think he is madly in love. At most, he just has no brains due to the possible writing.

wat

what about jaime makes you think he's doesn't love her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOLN08Gdo-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLwOeYDRpY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvbfA5OyBu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Dl787b1Jg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBqxyY59S60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eEvNBrBbjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNTts6xcomI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klmd-r8fugo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eDZnqi_Rg

Watch any of these scenes and tell me how jaime is portrayed as anything less than completely and utterly obsessed and in love with cersei. You want to blame the writing, but jaime's obsession with cersei has been consistently portrayed for six years now.