Lord Friendzone

Speculations, news, theories for season 7. (includes leaks )

2,882 posts in this topic

That's kind of misleading, it sounds to me as is they're developing several different ideas, but I don't see it that they are going actually run 4 GOT spinoff series.  

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Karmarni said:

I think Jaime thinks he is saving his honor through Brienne, but that he really isn't, that's more about their relationship, what he thinks of her and she of him. In the end, Jaime has to account for Bran. Sure, he lost a hand for pushing him out the window, but was that enough? Especially for the show, don't we need something that truly rubs that in the casual viewers face?

I don't think he is consciously thinking that he is saving his honour through Brienne at the start, but later yes, and I agree with that it's more about  how he acts when he is with her and vice versa: their relationship. In an uncounscious way, by falling in love with this woman, he is becoming a less grey characcter, and then is being reminded by her that he is not as honourable as he should be (and at that moment he thinks he should save his honour because he doesn't like him and also, because he likes that she has given him the opportunity to realise that).

As for Bran....yes, I've always said it would be interesting if those two met again and Bran remembered everything. But they might never meet.

4 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I get the feeling that Jaime is dead, probably Season 8 and probably as a good guy/better man. He is ahead on that department in the books but the show runners have dragged out the Twincest out too long. I do hope he gets to face Bran one more time on the show. As Karmarni eluded, that was something he did that was really bad as it violated guest rights and in the books, such acts have most severe consequences rather than him losing his sword hand. That was just common cruelty to a captured dangerous swordsman in a time of war. Bran was a helpless victim, his host in his own home, an innocent child etc...

Yes, so true. A kind of tragic but realistic and fair ending could be Jaime being executed by the Lord or King of Winterfell (Bran), the boy that learned that from his father in his first chapter. Another option would be this Lord pardoning his life in a way and giving him another type penance.

But they might never meet.

Another option,  much more "sweet" could be Bran being an orchestra director in the last Battle  and telling different "heroes" how to behave. Maybe Jaime could receive a sign from Bran. Bran could have some info that could only be executed by Jaime at that moment. Then Jaime could sacrifice himself doing that (he could die or not). In that case, they would "meet" but not see eachother.

Then, if both of them survive, Bran, as a Lord, could decide to pardon his life and give him another kind of penance considering that he did something for the greater good and he is totally changed. That would show Bran as an extremely good-hearted Lord that wants to create peace after the events that were about to destroy humanity. Anyway, if Bran survived, that would be his decision and with his wisdom he would decide whatever it's better.

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't see him meeting Bran, Book Jamie isn't even that sorry he threw Bran out a window, and the author very seldom allows for those kinds of direct parallel confrontations.

Brienne will kill Stoneheart, and thus herself become grey, to save Jamie; Jamie will kill his sister because she's bat shit evil, and then he will die fighting for the side of good.  In the show, I'm sure they will compromise Brienne the way I think the author will by having her directly choose to break an oath...but I still see Jamie killing his sister and then dying and Brienne being one of the survivors.  Whether any romance is consummated between them, I doubt this for both books and show.

Yes, I could see the bolded happening.

However, I do think there are chances for them to be together and possibly have sex. There is too much of a sotry for nothing to happen between them, and the show has put lots of hints everywhere....

From the one hand, I am completely sure they will, at least, acknowledge their feelings for eachother, and confess them. There will also be a Kiss. That's the minimum that will happen even if one or both of them die.

From the other hand, not  so sure about consummation. If they die, as "star-crossed" lovers something must have happened, and if they both live and get the happily ever after they will have kids, or at least Brienne will have Jaime's child if they have sex before he dies.

I think the "star-crossed" lovers tragedy is plausible but I also think there are chances of, at least, a short-lasting romance because Bronn mentioned the Word "fuck" in s6 and the showrunners love the shocking moments and it would be one for the casual viewers.

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Agreed. So many characters are out of time and place.

They are so out in time (and in space) that s7 is about teleporting:

-Winterfell to Dragonstone

-Dragonstone to Lands of Always WInter

-Lands of ALways inter-Kingslanding

-Kingslanding-WF?The Wall in the love boat cruise.

I think we can assume than in s8 anything is posible because any character can move across the continent without much difficulty.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

It's four ideas, I think. Of all ideas, I'd like to see Robert's Rebellion.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That's kind of misleading, it sounds to me as is they're developing several different ideas, but I don't see it that they are going actually run 4 GOT spinoff series.  

hence why i said "looking into" :) 

GRRM is apparently attached as writer to two of them, so it sounds promising I guess. I just want to see the Dance of the Dragons. The rest can be whatever. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Brienne isn't in Winterfell in the show or the books.  I also doubt she ever gets back there either.

Actually, Brienne spends most of Season 7 at Winterfell according to spoilers, only leaving when sent by Sansa to the dragonpit parlay.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree. It sounds like a "may the best man win" scenario. 

The writers include Jane Goldman (X-Men: First Class, Kingsman), Carly Wray (Mad Men), Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island, Fox's Minority Report), and Brian Helgeland, who's done a lot of adapted screenplays (LA Confidential, Mystic River, etc.).

GRRM is collaborating with Jane Goldman and with Carly Wray's treatments.

Edited by Newstar

Just now, dsug said:

hence why i said "looking into" :) 

GRRM is apparently attached as writer to two of them, so it sounds promising I guess. I just want to see the Dance of the Dragons. The rest can be whatever. 

He's got all the time in the world......ahem.

The Dance of the Dragons?  Why?  God, it's nothing but death and more death.  I would much rather see the conquering of Westeros and beginning of the Targ dynasty.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Meera of Tarth

1 minute ago, Newstar said:

Actually, Brienne spends most of Season 7 at Winterfell according to spoilers, only leaving when sent by Sansa to the dragonpit parlay.

I agree. It sounds like a "may the best man win" scenario. 

The writers include Jane Goldman (X-Men: First Class, Kingsman), Carly Wray (Mad Men), Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island, Fox's Minority Report), and Brian Helgeland, who's done a lot of adapted screenplays (LA Confidential, Mystic River, etc.).

GRRM is collaborating with Jane Goldman and with Carly Wray's treatments.

That sounds wrong to me, she has literally nothing to do at WF, except allegeldy have a fight with Arya.  So, my guess is we see the fight with Arya, and shortly after she leaves. Before that, we probably don't see her at all.  

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

He's got all the time in the world......ahem.

The Dance of the Dragons?  Why?  God, it's nothing but death and more death.  I would much rather see the conquering of Westeros and beginning of the Targ dynasty.

Got all the time in the world to not write books, apparently.....

And the Dance of the Dragons because it's a great story. They should do the Conquest, too. They probably will. Show the rise of the Targs, the fall of the Targs, then their resurgence with Dany. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That sounds wrong to me, she has literally nothing to do at WF, except allegeldy have a fight with Arya.  So, my guess is we see the fight with Arya, and shortly after she leaves. Before that, we probably don't see her at all.  

Three big problems with that:

1. As with Season 6, it looks like the bulk of the promotional photos released are from the first or second episode, and one shows Brienne with Tormund in what looks like the Winterfell courtyard.

2. Gwendoline Christie was spotted with all the other actors when the Northern lords 7x01 scene was being filmed, so Brienne is present at Winterfell in that scene.

3. Arya doesn't arrive at Winterfell until 7x04, so the sparring scene with Brienne can't occur before then.

As I said, Brienne spends most of Season 7 at Winterfell, and only leaves when Sansa sends her south for the dragonpit parlay.

Edited by Newstar

1 minute ago, dsug said:

Got all the time in the world to not write books, apparently.....

And the Dance of the Dragons because it's a great story. They should do the Conquest, too. They probably will. Show the rise of the Targs, the fall of the Targs, then their resurgence with Dany. 

I hated the princess novella, so, that's my perspective.  Hated the dragon killing.  It was just a total downer on all fronts.

The conquest is a much more positive and interesting story to me.  Three badasses fly over on giant dragons and change everything.

Indeed, George has all the time in the world for everything except that one thing.

3 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Three big problems with that:

1. As with Season 6, it looks like the bulk of the promotional photos released are from the first or second episode, and one shows Brienne with Tormund in what looks like the Winterfell courtyard.

2. Gwendoline Christie was spotted with all the other actors when the Northern lords 7x01 scene was being filmed, so Brienne is present at Winterfell in that scene.

3. Arya doesn't arrive at Winterfell until 7x04, so the sparring scene with Brienne can't occur before then.

As I said, Brienne spends most of Season 7 at Winterfell, and only leaves when Sansa sends her south for the dragonpit parlay.

Let me say it another way then:  Brienne has no role of any importance in WF this season.  She is there in some scenes and then she fights with Arya and leaves.  I don't see her being integral to whatever goes in WF. 

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I hated the princess novella, so, that's my perspective.  Hated the dragon killing.  It was just a total downer on all fronts.

The conquest is a much more positive and interesting story to me.  Three badasses fly over on giant dragons and change everything.

Indeed, George has all the time in the world for everything except that one thing.

I hated the DOTD, too. 

There's some pretty hot talent attached to these potential spinoffs. All of them have written films or episodes I've really enjoyed. Carly Wray has written for some of TV's best shows (Mad Men, The Leftovers, etc.). I'll be really interested to see what they come up with.

Edited by Newstar

31 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I take this as a joke. What Bran doesn't have is screentime. There is nothing that suggests he doesn't have much of a personality.

According to Lads, he's become quite remote in Season 7 (which is supposedly why Meera leaves), which makes it sound like he's purely an exposition machine.

1 minute ago, Colonel Green said:

According to Lads, he's become quite remote in Season 7 (which is supposedly why Meera leaves), which makes it sound like he's purely an exposition machine.

Bingo.

Meera leaving Bran because he is remote just makes me laugh. Oh wait, that was what the fake leaker said...

Oh....don't remember if it was from the fake leaker or the "non-reliable" sorry.

It still makes me laugh.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree the Conquest should be done. I'm almost sure it will be. 

But the Dance is a good story. It's depressing as hell and pretty much everyone dies, but this is Game of Thrones we're talking about. Being depressing and characters dying is like this show's claim to fame. They won't run away from that. 

Meera would never leave Bran unless it's necessary for something huge. I guess people have not read Ellie Kendrick's interviews about Meera in season 7.