Lord Friendzone

Speculations, news, theories for season 7. (includes leaks )

1,756 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Jon's diplomatic mission to Dragonstone will be interesting. Before that, the note she receives being "summoned" by Dany may be an Ultimatum which is also intriguing. What I would hope is that obviously to Jon or anyone, Dany wants the Iron Throne which Cersei, ridiculously has claimed in her own name for show purposes (ha, ha, ha) would offer a deal, rather than role the dice and potentially deliver himself as a stupid hostage at her feet once he arrives. Rather than send a note back to her negotiating, he apparently just goes there on the risk of being that very thing. It is going to look stupid and he is going to look stupid if he does.

Im starting to think that Jon is more dim than Hodor when it comes to simple stuff a king should know.

Just now, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Im starting to think that Jon is more dim than Hodor when it comes to simple stuff a king should know.

Yeah, I mean, she has a dragon supposedly, why not invite Her to fly to Winterfell as a guest?

16 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Yeah, I mean, she has a dragon supposedly, why not invite Her to fly to Winterfell as a guest?

lol at this being a 'smart alternative'.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

A King shows up to "negotiate" and basically stick his neck out and hope she is not a bloodthirsty monster like her father? I am hopeing for a little diplomacy back and forth. So, it seems he gets a raven and then shows up hoping for the best. I hope he is a little more intelligent than that. Also, from some of the photos, it seems that he shows up and the Dothraki swoop in and take their boat in a not so courteous manner which implicates, "Ha, we have you now".

Because if he negotiates , it seems like he means bussiness. She can dismiss someone like Davos and Jon always does his work to negotiate. That does not make him dumb. He needs  to act and she could be heplpful, doubt anyone is as mad as Cersei who is the other option.

Taking boats and weapons is standard thing. It's cute how some peopel trying to make him look dumb. If that would "ha, we have you now." why is that he's walking freely and even taking charge like he owns the island. Geez people.

It seems no matter what  to some people Jon, Dany will be dumb.

Jon needs to convince everyone about the WW threat, I can't believe people are still arguing about how he would be smarter if he stayed in Winterfell. 

Dany, of all people, she's the one who needs all the effort since she has the biggest army and three dragons.

Edited by Leticia Stark

9 minutes ago, Evarei said:

lol at this being a 'smart alternative'.

to what?

8 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Because if he negotiates , it seems like he means bussiness. She can dismiss someone like Davos and Jon always does his work to negotiate. That does not make him dumb. He needs  to act and she could be heplpful, doubt anyone is as mad as Cersei who is the other option.

Taking boats and weapons is standard thing. It's cute how some peopel trying to make him look dumb. If that would "ha, we have you now." why is that he's walking freely and even taking charge like he owns the island. Geez people.

The Starks have a recent history of sticking their necks out and losing them when thinking the other party is "honorable".

I cordially invite you to bring your weapons of mass destruction to my home, so that if I displease you it's easier to roast me and my entire family and household plus nearby smallfolk than just, say, taking me hostage on Dragonstone.

If Jon were smart he'd send a message raven first requesting a meeting on neutral ground like the gift, the riverlands, harranhal, the neck etc. With them both only bringing X amount of troops and then they'd could probably have an even discussion instead of one thats one sided. Not giving one party all the power and a political prisoner would make sense but nah Jon is still too dumb as he "knows nothing" to think about it  like a king who was appointed because he was so impressive he "earned" his crown. Plus the fact that recently starks going at the behest of a targ hasnt exactly ever worked out in favour of them has it?

40 minutes ago, maudisdottir said:

I cordially invite you to bring your weapons of mass destruction to my home, so that if I displease you it's easier to roast me and my entire family and household plus nearby smallfolk than just, say, taking me hostage on Dragonstone.

I can agree that it is risky but then again, it is less of a risk to invite her to your place where alteast she cannot bring her army without it being noticed on the march rather than go to her place, with one person to where she has her armies and her dragons.

Except he needs to go to Dragonstone either way because they need more dragonglass for more weapons. Davos probably told him about it.

Edited by Leticia Stark

The Starks have a recent history of sticking their necks out and losing them when thinking the other party is "honorable".

In Jon's position the best choice to seek out her ally. and they still got Sansa left so. :DWhen they're facing invasion of white walkers, and the other option is Cersei, Dany might seem as someone worthy of approaching. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

If Jon were smart he'd send a message raven first requesting a meeting on neutral ground like the gift, the riverlands, harranhal, the neck etc. With them both only bringing X amount of troops and then they'd could probably have an even discussion instead of one thats one sided. Not giving one party all the power and a political prisoner would make sense but nah Jon is still too dumb as he "knows nothing" to think about it  like a king who was appointed because he was so impressive he "earned" his crown. Plus the fact that recently starks going at the behest of a targ hasnt exactly ever worked out in favour of them has it?

The new gift maybe neutral ground but its within the domain of Jon Kingdom, his home turf and plus he was apart of the NW until recently, I wouldn't feel safe if I was Dany. To both their knowledge the Riverlands are under the control of the Freys, who just happend to have defeated The Blackfish with the Lannisters help recently. Harrenhal might be LittleFingers turf but whens the last time he was there? He just decleared for the North and also its too close to the Crownlands. Cersei could get wind of this meeting and surprise them all.

1 minute ago, Lord Friendzone said:

In Jon's position the best choice to seek out her ally. and they still got Sansa left so. :DWhen they're facing invasion of white walkers, and the other option is Cersei, Dany might seem as someone worthy of approaching. 

Then it would/will make sense for LF to encourage him to do this very thing, would it not? He might, we will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Spoiler

He should not trust Cersei...

4 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I can agree that it is risky but then again, it is less of a risk to invite her to your place where alteast she cannot bring her army without it being noticed on the march rather than go to her place, with one person to where she has her armies and her dragons.

The best thing is have a smart plan, making Cersei believe what he wants to believe.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The best thing is have a smart plan, making Cersei believe what he wants to believe.

I meant going to Dany but that "appealing to Queen Cersei" crap is one big pile of it. So, I guess we should nickname Qyburn as "Q" because apparently he has figured out how to Clone Lannister soldiers, thus they can manufacture armies that can wipe out Dorne and The Reach within a month or so with a little help from Chubby Pirate Euron and Swordless Randall Tarly.

2 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I meant going to Dany but that "appealing to Queen Cersei" crap is one big pile of it. So, I guess we should nickname Qyburn as "Q" because apparently he has figured out how to Clone Lannister soldiers, thus they can manufacture armies that can wipe out Dorne and The Reach within a month or so with a little help from Chubby Pirate Euron and Swordless Randall Tarly.

Good suggestion, Qyburb is Q. He is the smart guy.

Just now, A Ghost of Someone said:

Then it would/will make sense for LF to encourage him to do this very thing, would it not? He might, we will have to wait and see.

He can try to pity Jon against Dany or Sansa against Jon (already did that), but then Dany might be a problem for him and iron throne. She got 3 dragons and Varys or Tyrion who sees through LF schemes. Playing Game Of Thrones with Starks is one thing, with other skilled player the other.

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That part of leaks is meh. Unless it's for Jaime, that would make somehow sense. If they count on Cersei's self preservation, from their point of view reasonable as Jon or Dany, but Tyrion would have to say something. He kinda knows her better.

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Good suggestion, Qyburb is Q. He is the smart guy.

He is the evil smart guy keeping Cersei in power somehow. I mean, the people of King's Landing just lost their religion's leader and his deciples and they are not rioting? the Mountain scares the masses to death. I bet you light his ass on fire and he will die. I just have a hard time believing that Cersei is going to stay in power another Season + for .... reasons.

Edited by A Ghost of Someone