Lord Friendzone

Speculations, news, theories for season 7. (includes leaks )

3,122 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Dalia said:

It's still out of character for Jon. His honour means everything to him. I think he'll end up betraying Dany.

Ah, so your notion of honor is betrayal, and you'll ignore evidence that Northmen accept avuncular marriages because it doesn't fit what you want to happen. Not to mention that Jon's character's was originally envisioned as the guy who falls in love with a girl he believes his sister. Somehow I think that Jon finding out that Dany is his aunt isn't going to change his feelings for her. Personally I think that the drama is going to be more about finding out that Ned was his uncle than Dany being his aunt. 

You know, even if they broke up, then it's not a betrayal. Betrayal is stabbing someone in the back. It is true that many people in the fandom have been fantasying about it for years because they want to pit Dany and the Starks against each other: "Omg, Dany will want to burn Ned's kids, somebody stop her!" But there has never been any real reason to believe that aside of wild speculation and wishful thinking. Jon has no reason to betray Dany, especially if they are apparently on the same boat of being betrayed by Cersei. She's willing to reasonably talk to him, she's willing to join him in fighting the Others, he seems to genuinely like her and trust her abitilities if we go by the information he indeed voluntarily kneels to her. Deception is not in Show Jon's arsenal, not at all.

Well, I think we've head bellyful of each other. I won't be disappointed if you choose to discontinue this conversation. I think we've arrived at an impasse, anyway.

8 hours ago, Dalia said:

It's thought that incest has been a major factor in the history of Targaryen madness. Why would they end the series continuing such a distasteful tradition?

Major factor? More likely contributing factor but this madness gets overrated a bit. Plenty of Targaryens and arguably more of them have been decent or even very good people. But there are some of them which gave them a bad rep such as Aerys II (a lot of it thanks to Duskendale), Viserys, Baelor the Blessed(he did good and bad things),  Maegot the Cruel or Aerion Brightflame(drinking wildfire).

I hate when people respond and I'm still editing my post. Do you guys sit here refreshing the page to respond so quickly?

I just happened to be on the site readoing comments and then your cooments appeared.

Nothing you've said has made me change my mind. Jon and Daenerys will happen, but it won't last. I'll never see their coming together as anything other than corny, dull and unpleasant. Agree to disagree.

You didn't mention what, then because Jon seems to be heading to that path to be with someone, Who else then Dany? If may I ask. If he ends up inron throne and if he truly survies, he will. His parentage and everything has to have a pay off. He is a man of duty, while he wouldn't like King's Landing. Heck, he was at Night's Watch and served for the realm. He knows more about this many in Seven Kingdoms.

We don't know they will last or won't, because neither of us read the next two or three books, or watch season 7 or 8 or tv show. So from cliche, predictable and cheesy all the way to corny, dull and unpleasant.

I challenged your views about being it predictable, cliche and cheesy. Your response is this. Then, what is exactly corny, dull or unpleasant? Thatseems to be more your own opinion rather than George's and for that matter Weiss' and Benioff's on where the story goes. When you have these two character who are similar and yet different in their approaches. It's not exactly a dull affair. Unpleasant? Let's look at it from the perspective of being at the ar they might lose, so why not be happy for some time? Corny? It can be interesting and in fact it gives them both challenges given reveal of his parentage.

1 hour ago, lojzelote said:

Ah, so your notion of honor is betrayal, and you'll ignore evidence that Northmen accept avuncular marriages because it doesn't fit what you want to happen. Not to mention that Jon's character's was originally envisioned as the guy who falls in love with a girl he believes his sister. Somehow I think that Jon finding out that Dany is his aunt isn't going to change his feelings for her. Personally I think that the drama is going to be more about finding out that Ned was his uncle than Dany being his aunt. 

You know, even if they broke up, then it's not a betrayal. Betrayal is stabbing someone in the back. It is true that many people in the fandom have been fantasying about it for years because they want to pit Dany and the Starks against each other: "Omg, Dany will want to burn Ned's kids, somebody stop her!" But there has never been any real reason to believe that aside of wild speculation and wishful thinking. Jon has no reason to betray Dany, especially if they are apparently on the same boat of being betrayed by Cersei. She's willing to reasonably talk to him, she's willing to join him in fighting the Others, he seems to genuinely like her and trust her abitilities if we go by the information he indeed voluntarily kneels to her. Deception is not in Show Jon's arsenal, not at all.

Well, I think we've head bellyful of each other. I won't be disappointed if you choose to discontinue this conversation. I think we've arrived at an impasse, anyway.

I do think both of these subjects will be touched upon by show or books. Jon and Dany are alive, of course him not being Ned's son will have some dramatic impact on him, but there is a reason why Jon is not going to meet Bran, bond with Dany and have a sex(MMD prophecy). I guess, besides all the war, fighting they want some drama among the characters and what is the bigger thing, than the relationship between two of the main characters, and who happens to be related. What Dany would say about this is also important and often ignored by the fans.

Jon will eventually accept his heritage for many reasons and most likely won't dismiss Dany but just have his distance for the time being, thinking about things. If he'll just shrugs it like no biggie, it wouldn't go well with his character. Dany who might be pregnant at that time adds another element to it, it will challenge who he is, what he wants and it wake of the war against White Walkers. Of course there is the thing that Dany is the "Child of Three", we had two marriages. One on the screen and the other off screen.

Bertrayal is not in Jon's vocabulary but he might do something that might be considered a bertrayal to some people. If Dany is pregnant and we know Jon is extra protective over people he loves or cares about, even going as far as willing to die for them.

Posted (edited)

I'm a little disappointed, yes, but moreso excited to witness their "romance" turn sour once Jon realises he's fucking his father's sister, and the Northerners react with hostility toward his "foreign whore". I really can't wait to see the meltdowns of the arrogant fangirls who believe they know more than anybody else, and anyone who disagrees with them is biased. The joy of the endgame will far outweigh the disappointment for the upcoming season, I assure you.

Edited by Dalia

Posted (edited)

I can't be bothered responding to everything asked of me. I'm far too lazy, and I only visit this forum once in a blue moon. You'll be pleased to know it isn't for me. All I'll say is that anyone who believes this series will end happily is utterly delusional. Over and out. :)

Edited by Dalia

46 minutes ago, Dalia said:

I'm a little disappointed, yes, but moreso excited to witness their "romance" turn sour once Jon realises he's fucking his father's sister, and the Northerners react with hostility toward his "foreign whore". I really can't wait to see the meltdowns of the arrogant fangirls who believe they know more than anybody else, and anyone who disagrees with them is biased. The joy of the endgame will far outweigh the disappointment for the upcoming season, I assure you.

Oh yes, they're going to be so hostile towards the woman who is bringing them supplies, armies and fire breathing dragons. They'll be practically frothing at the mouth with hostility. 

And let us not forget that this very same "foreign whore" saved their king's life. But because she's "foreign" they won't like her, like at all. They might even ask her to leave the North and to take her stupid armies and her stupid dragons with her, they don't need them up North. They can fight the WW all by themselves. 

This logically fallacy people who espouse  these beliefs fall into. You never consider that they need Dany and her resources more than she needs them. You also always forget the words spoken at the KITN coronation:

It was the dragons we bowed to! And now the dragons are dead! 

But they [the dragons] aren't dead, are they? Not anymore. 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, lojzelote said:

As for Wall falling, sure, it's supposed to rise the stakes. As in "oh no, these two just found love, but now everything goes to hell and they may all die". As for the RLJ reveal, that has already been confirmed last year. HBO put it on the official site. Bran is just a moron that takes too long to put together the obvious because someone needs to spoonfeed the watchers that haven't paid attention and apparently believe that the reveal was that Jon is the child of Ned and Lyanna. :rolleyes:

Fine! Bran's purpose is to be a moron  because secondary characters need to spoonfeed the watchers...that's not a great reasoning of why Bran is allegedly stupid in GOT. Seriously, it isn't.

PS: With the amount of screentime Bran has in the show (which is ridiculously short), I don't think he twill take too long to discover the truth. That's another aspect to take into account when thinking a character is stupid or not.

6 hours ago, lojzelote said:

Then he will realise an uncle is a father and an aunt is a lover and will find peace in himself because he is no longer a Stark, despite having been so during 21 years, he is a "Targ". Do you really believe that? It's completely ooc for Jon, as @Dalia points out.

And about being stupid....Bran is stupid bc of what you said and Jon isn't with the wight hunt....I think there's something incompatible with that.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dalia said:

I'm a little disappointed, yes, but moreso excited to witness their "romance" turn sour once Jon realises he's fucking his father's sister

I completely agree with the bolded. Jon has been raised as a Stark. He'll care about that. That's the conflict for s8.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

1 hour ago, Dalia said:

That "foreign whore" which is not needed insult, as Moiaf said brings them armies, supplies and dragons to help them fight for their lands. If she was such an evil person, why not simply let the North for White Walkers, at the Neck there is good chance to attack them? These delusional fangirls were right about their romance years ago, and who knows we might be even right about the endgame. It's not so much abou their romance but where they are as characters. You're just being passive agressive over this Jon/Dany thing.

Did you watched the show or read the books, because I dont think anyone here did - so be careful with this asessment.

A romance between Jon and Dany has always seemed extremely likely to me.  Of course, it doesn't mean that it won't sour at some point.  I don't think it would be due to the fact that she's his Aunt;  they weren't brought up together, and aunt/nephew marriages are not out of the question among royal families.  If they were to fall out, I imagine it would be due to political differences.  Dany would want to bring the North to heel, Jon would want it to be independent.

The denial has gotten even stronger since I last checked. Impressive. 

Well my theory for what happens this season is unfortunately unchanged.  Maisie Williams, at SXSW stated that Sansa is dead .Now it could be misinformation but added to what I listed before as to real world sightings of Sophie Turner seemingly everywhere but on the GoT sets just kind of confirms it all to me.  My guess is that she will marry LF and that he will poison her, just as happened to Joffrey, and he will try to blame her death on Dany/Jon or a combination of the two. LF has stated that his end game to wind up on the Iron Throne, he can't do that if either Dany and Jon are alive and in positions of power.  It could even be a simple ploy to force Dany and Jon apart since all signs show them allying with one another.  With it having been confirmed at SXSW that only 13 episodes remain, 7 this season and 6 next this thing needs to wrap up quickly. 

So, my guess for everything is this, Euron will marry and then murder Cersei, breaking up the alliance between the Lannisters and the Iron Born, Jaime will also be killed by him, and Bronn will (in what would be for Bronn an uncharacteristic act of chivalry) kill Euron.  LF will marry and murder Sansa, blaming Dany, which will force a break between her and Jon.  LF will sit the Iron Throne briefly before discovering that the White Walkers and the Night King are all too real, they will swamp him, Dany will die fighting the final battle against the WW and Jon will survive, turn down the Kingship which will go to Gendry.  The final scene will be Jon in the crypt under the ruins of Winterfell, burying Sansa and looking on the tomb of his Mother, tossing his sword away.

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 8:39 PM, SeanF said:

A romance between Jon and Dany has always seemed extremely likely to me.  Of course, it doesn't mean that it won't sour at some point.  I don't think it would be due to the fact that she's his Aunt;  they weren't brought up together, and aunt/nephew marriages are not out of the question among royal families.  If they were to fall out, I imagine it would be due to political differences.  Dany would want to bring the North to heel, Jon would want it to be independent

Do you really think Dany and Jon romantic love is possible in the books within the span of the books? I could see a marriage alliance happening if somehow Jon had the North and Dany has to face Aegon in the South. 

I don't think there would be conflict between Jon and Dany regarding the North in the books either. Jon would want Dany's army to fight the Others more than an independent North. I am pretty sure they will ally but doubt there will be any romance.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

Well my theory for what happens this season is unfortunately unchanged.  Maisie Williams, at SXSW stated that Sansa is dead .Now it could be misinformation but added to what I listed before as to real world sightings of Sophie Turner seemingly everywhere but on the GoT sets just kind of confirms it all to me.  My guess is that she will marry LF and that he will poison her, just as happened to Joffrey, and he will try to blame her death on Dany/Jon or a combination of the two. LF has stated that his end game to wind up on the Iron Throne, he can't do that if either Dany and Jon are alive and in positions of power.  It could even be a simple ploy to force Dany and Jon apart since all signs show them allying with one another.  With it having been confirmed at SXSW that only 13 episodes remain, 7 this season and 6 next this thing needs to wrap up quickly. 

So, my guess for everything is this, Euron will marry and then murder Cersei, breaking up the alliance between the Lannisters and the Iron Born, Jaime will also be killed by him, and Bronn will (in what would be for Bronn an uncharacteristic act of chivalry) kill Euron.  LF will marry and murder Sansa, blaming Dany, which will force a break between her and Jon.  LF will sit the Iron Throne briefly before discovering that the White Walkers and the Night King are all too real, they will swamp him, Dany will die fighting the final battle against the WW and Jon will survive, turn down the Kingship which will go to Gendry.  The final scene will be Jon in the crypt under the ruins of Winterfell, burying Sansa and looking on the tomb of his Mother, tossing his sword away.

Sansa will be fine. They wouldn't reveal it like that. Sophie said Jon's parentage will make or break their relationship, which means Jon has to get to the North in order to do this. As we know from the leaks

Jon ain't gonna be in the North post episode 2. LF is good as dead,

These 6 episodes were confirmed and even writers Hill, Cogman and last four episodes Weiss and Benioff.

Jaime is alive at the end of season 7 and Cersei for that matter too.

Rest of it also will be different. Of course leaks might be inaccurate tosome people but hard to disagree with them givden how deatild it was, so far confirmed things, said things in advance which were confirmed by other sources.

Edited by Lord Friendzone

The leaks, oh, the leaks. I wish I had never read them.

34 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Samsa will be fine. They wouldn't reveal it like that. Sophie said Jon's parentage will make or break their relationship, which means Jon has to get to the North in order to do this. As we know from the leaks

Hide contents

Jon ain't gonna be in the North post episode 2. LF is good as dead,

These 6 episodes were confirmed and even writers Hill, Cogman and last four episodes Weiss and Benioff.

Hide contents

Jaime is alive at the end of season 7 and Cersei for that matter too.

Rest of it also will be different. Of course leaks might be inaccurate tosome people but hard to disagree with them givden how deatild it was, so far confirmed things, said things in advance which were confirmed by other sources.

No one would be happier than me if you are right and I am wrong.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Well, look at it from the bright side. If read them before season, you can prepare yourself and you're not going to destroy tv or notebook.

Posted (edited)

For the life of me, I can’t understand what’s so outrageous about Jon and Dany’s love? To quote Wikipedia: " British monarchs and their consorts can be related by blood. " " After the 11th century, in only two cases (those of the first wife of James II and of Edward VIII) is there no known familial relationship. " And as some Indian member of this very forum stated (sorry I forgot who that was), avuncular marriages are regular practice in that (not so small, cultural and otherwise, yes?) country to these days.

Personally, I don’t like the idea, it reeks of  some kind of unreality or insincerity, in-worldwise, but I still can’t see why would it seem so impossible, disgusting or scandalous? Jon and Sansa or Jon and Arya I dislike much more, but some people adore that ideas. To each there own, no?

Edited by WeCameFromNorth
spelling

There's a lot of hypocrisy about Dany and Jon from people who ship Jon with either of the Stark girls.  Arya in particular would really gross me out, as she was always his "little sister". Sansa was more aloof but they were still raised under the same roof as siblings. Dany and Jon are strangers, so for me it's much less disturbing than Jon and either Sansa or Arya.

20 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

What's even worse is that it seems very likely that there will be leaks for the last season as well. We will probably know the ending of GOT--and by extension ASOIAF--by the end of 2017.