Lord Friendzone

Speculations, news, theories for season 7. (includes leaks )

1,752 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Newstar said:

What's even worse is that it seems very likely that there will be leaks for the last season as well. We will probably know the ending of GOT--and by extension ASOIAF--by the end of 2017.

Oh I hope so. 

26 minutes ago, Newstar said:

What's even worse is that it seems very likely that there will be leaks for the last season as well. We will probably know the ending of GOT--and by extension ASOIAF--by the end of 2017.

I am not so sure. They might have learned their lesson and make sure there are not that many spoilers. Truede spoilers were from post production, these leaks even before season was start to shoot due to someone seeing scripts,storyboard or both.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Oh I hope so. 

LOL, yeah. I guess it depends on your perspective. A big Season 8 leak could be awesome, since fans would finally know the rough version of GRRM's planned ending for ASOIAF, or terrible, if the ending is disappointing. If it turns out that it's King Jon/Queen Dany in the end, I'm pretty sure GRRM will be lying low for the foreseeable future, LOL.

3 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I am not so sure. They might have learned their lesson and make sure there are not that many spoilers. Truede spoilers were from post production, these leaks even before season was start to shoot due to someone seeing scripts,storyboard or both.

I dunno. With each subsequent season, we've gotten more and more leaks with more and more detail. Even with all the security protocols that were already in place, we received a more or less complete leak of Season 7's major plot points in October...maybe even late September, I can't recall. Short of replacing the entire cast and crew--and we're talking hundreds, maybe thousands of people here--with unhackable robots, I don't think there's any way to prevent leaks, even major leaks like the one we got for this season. Even outside the crew, there are photographers who know how valuable spoilery photos are (like the guy who snapped Kit in costume on set at the BOTB), as well as fans who report cast members' movements on Twitter and their presence at location shoots like Sevilla.

Unless the entire last episode is only filmed at the closed sets at Belfast, which certainly didn't stop the flood of spoilers this year since we have extensive information about scenes filmed on closed interior sets, D&D are going to have to film some of the finale in outdoor locations, and unless they go to completely uninhabited locations where there are no GOT fans whatsoever, information is going to get out about 1) which actors are there and 2) what they're filming. Even in Iceland of all places, there were fans who took photos of filming and of the cast members in the area during Season 7 filming.

Given that it is the very last season, the temptation to be the one to spoil the ending, or at least to help spoil the ending--either from inside or outside the production--is going to be incredibly strong. Even if all cast, crew members, and extras button their yaps--which they have not in the past (that's how the BOTB was spoiled pretty much in its entirety)--you've still got photographers vying for spoilery photos and fans to contend with, and the fans are the real problem, since they can (and will) report it on Twitter whenever they see GOT actors and crew. GOT is really a victim of its own success; the show is so popular that the production can't go anywhere without running into fans eager to pass on whatever information they can on Twitter and snap photos of the cast and crew.

The notion that D&D will be able to lock down the ending 100%, or even 50%, seems very unlikely to me. 

Edited by Newstar

The first 4 entire episodes of GOT season 5 were leaked.  I can't remember leaks from season 4 or earlier, so I would assume that the show's popularity and large online following has created the demand.  But, it's been leaking like crazy for 3 years now.  There is no way that the last season won't leak.  The only thing they could possibly do is leak false information themselves to muddy the water, but not sure it's that important.  The show leaks like crazy and the audience continues to grow, so the showrunners probably don't care.

21 minutes ago, Newstar said:

LOL, yeah. I guess it depends on your perspective. A big Season 8 leak could be awesome, since fans would finally know the rough version of GRRM's planned ending for ASOIAF, or terrible, if the ending is disappointing. If it turns out that it's King Jon/Queen Dany in the end, I'm pretty sure GRRM will be lying low for the foreseeable future, LOL.

I dunno. With each subsequent season, we've gotten more and more leaks with more and more detail. Even with all the security protocols that were already in place, we received a more or less complete leak of Season 7's major plot points in October...maybe even late September, I can't recall. Short of replacing the entire cast and crew--and we're talking hundreds, maybe thousands of people here--with unhackable robots, I don't think there's any way to prevent leaks, even major leaks like the one we got for this season. Even outside the crew, there are photographers who know how valuable spoilery photos are (like the guy who snapped Kit in costume on set at the BOTB), as well as fans who report cast members' movements on Twitter and their presence at location shoots like Sevilla.

Unless the entire last episode is only filmed at the closed sets at Belfast, which certainly didn't stop the flood of spoilers this year since we have extensive information about scenes filmed on closed interior sets, D&D are going to have to film some of the finale in outdoor locations, and unless they go to completely uninhabited locations where there are no GOT fans whatsoever, information is going to get out about 1) which actors are there and 2) what they're filming. Even in Iceland of all places, there were fans who took photos of filming and of the cast members in the area during Season 7 filming.

Given that it is the very last season, the temptation to be the one to spoil the ending, or at least to help spoil the ending--either from inside or outside the production--is going to be incredibly strong. Even if all cast, crew members, and extras button their yaps--which they have not in the past (that's how the BOTB was spoiled pretty much in its entirety)--you've still got photographers vying for spoilery photos and fans to contend with, and the fans are the real problem, since they can (and will) report it on Twitter whenever they see GOT actors and crew. GOT is really a victim of its own success; the show is so popular that the production can't go anywhere without running into fans eager to pass on whatever information they can on Twitter and snap photos of the cast and crew.

The notion that D&D will be able to lock down the ending 100%, or even 50%, seems very unlikely to me. 

If he do that, some people will hunt him with pitchforks and torches. He better run for the hills in that scenario. 

This years leaks were unprecendented because we recived at such a early stage. Albeit not complete and missing some key plotlines and events. Citadel, Iron Bank among them. Of course some leaks will be every year but as far as I remember not to this extent - where basically whole plot was revealed months before. Truede saw the whole thing when it was all said and done, not like this. One one hand it would be nice if it happened that we'll know rought ending of this saga but also quite dissapointing for ruining it for others. Photographers are tought to deal with but depends on locations as Spain is obsessed with GOT. We didn't know much about Belfast and content of their scens apart from already knowing leaks so was easier to guess that.

I mean secondary character might have a different endigns as some vent are unlikely to happen in the books the wight hunt, dragonpit no matter how good it will look on the screen. Just can't see George going for it. in this way.

The only way that they can safeguard the end is to shoot several different ending and insert it at the last moment.  Done properly not even the actors will know.  Only the editor, GRRM, and a few others would know, all kept under a strict confidentiality clause.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

The first 4 entire episodes of GOT season 5 were leaked.  I can't remember leaks from season 4 or earlier, so I would assume that the show's popularity and large online following has created the demand.  But, it's been leaking like crazy for 3 years now.  There is no way that the last season won't leak.  The only thing they could possibly do is leak false information themselves to muddy the water, but not sure it's that important.  The show leaks like crazy and the audience continues to grow, so the showrunners probably don't care.

I agree. The leaks get worse every single year, even with all the security protocols in place.

Compounding the issue is that even if everyone inside the production stays quiet, which has historically not been the case, fans and photographers outside the production can provide a tremendous amount of information about what's going on at any given time.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I mean secondary character might have a different endigns as some vent are unlikely to happen in the books the wight hunt, dragonpit no matter how good it will look on the screen. Just can't see George going for it. in this way.

Yeah, I think for secondary characters their show endings will not necessarily be reflective of what's going to happen in the books. For the main characters, though, it will be pretty close. I also doubt that the wight hunt will be a thing; it sounds like an action set piece cooked up by D&D to wow the audience.

As for Belfast, I agree that they can keep scenes filmed at the interior sets at Belfast pretty hush hush, although of course stuff was still leaked by insiders for Season 6 even then (Lyanna, explosion killing Tyrells, etc.). Even without capital-l Leaks, though, fans are pretty good at keeping track of when cast members are in or away from Belfast, which provides information in of itself.

15 minutes ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

The only way that they can safeguard the end is to shoot several different ending and insert it at the last moment.  Done properly not even the actors will know.  Only the editor, GRRM, and a few others would know, all kept under a strict confidentiality clause.

That doesn't work unless you assume that the "ending" is one scene, which is highly unlikely. Those "multiple endings" work for things like "Who was the murder victim?"-type cliffhangers, where the only variation is one element of one scene (the identity of the murder victim or whatever), but not for something like GOT. It's likely that there will be a lengthy denouement over the better part of the last episode covering the fates of multiple characters which will be filmed in multiple locations: Sam's last scene, Jon's last scene, Tyrion's last scene, Arya's last scene, etc. There's no way D&D is going to do multiple sets of that kind of ending, because that would involve not only writing, but filming and refilming many scenes over many weeks only to be scrapped. They can't be bothered to do that shit, nor to force the cast and crew to film multiple fake scenes that will never be used. They'll also want to save money for what will undoubtedly be some very expensive CGI sequences rather than throw it away on fake scenes.

Edited by Newstar

Posted (edited)

Well we don't know if they faked some of the leaks this year. I personally don't think so at all, but some people still do. I think the leaker also invented some stuff.

If they don't take their own work seriously as the ending of GOT/ASOIAF (which they have always said it's going to be tremendous) that means it won't be as good as they have always said, and we will know when they are shooting it. I personally would like it to be leaked in the normal way, post-production, making it easier for the people who still don't know if they want to be spoiled to decide that with enough time. That would also speak for them, as being more rigurous with their work.

As the ending of GOT but also ASOIAF, those leaks will also have more repercussions in the media, and, especially if it's not satisfying, it would not help the production. Some people say people will still watch GOT this year, but we should listen to everyone who don't say anything on the Internet, I can tell you I know people (huge GOT fans) who have said they won't watch it or that they just don't care . And yes, more people will watch illegally. If the ending (s8) is not satisfying due to some possible leaks, I predict the same. They might not lose subscribers but they won't gain as much as they would have gained like in previous years.

Bear in mind that s4's error (or strategy) of leaking 4 episodes is very different from leaking a whole season. If you want to eat something sweet, the best way is to give you some sugar. You'll want more. But leaks of the whole season (ending included) is different. Not everyone wants to read the ending first and then watch it. With s8 I expect much more quality than these ones, as they are the ending of ASOIAF, they said it would always be the same, that's the only part that could help them not fall in a well, bc it will have more quality. But they will be after s7 (which has very opposed point of views, half of the people love it, and the other half hate it  a lot), so people who hate it won't tolerate again another thing which is not much more satisfying than this supposed s7 we will have.

After the leaks of this year they should care a lot about this, and they should change the way they work. We can assume that s8, having 6 episdes, will have a lot of events, and a lot of them will be shocking (I predict each episode will have WTF moments like if they were a finale-though this time with more quality), and I think they have thought about this for a long time. They should like it to be preserved, and not spoiled beforehand. They also said they are the kind of guys who prefer not to be spoiled, so as the culmination of their work, the normal thing to think is that they would like it not to be spoiled like this year's.

Martin should also care about this, and I hope he gets his cameo and something more (I know he won't write an episode) but that means there is a possibility that he could be there, and he might be interested in having more security). I bet he doesn't want his ending to be spoiled on reddit by a leaker whose explanation of the plot leaves quite a lot to be desired.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Regarding the leaks maybe I missed something but they are not a detailed list of who lives or dies but an outline of the plot. For example

we know Cersei is still alive in episode 7 and Jamie leaves her but we don't know for sure if she dies or even the Mountain in that episode during the big meeting

at least that is my take. I certainly expect more deaths than what has leaked but likely no more non POV characters.

I agree the leaks seem to be getting worse each year however if the awayforthelads stuff hadn't leaked I doubt we would know that much. Well other than the stuff that leaked from Spain and I would be sure that will change next year.

Even Truede last year he leaked a lot but not much from the finale which is generally considered the best episode of GOT to air to date so there is hope.

I thought the worst leak was when 4 of the actual episodes were leaked, that's almost half of the season.  The leaks this year didn't seem to cover every single plot but they gave a broad overview.  I am too dumb to do spoiler tags, so will just say that there is a fairly long list of people who we know die, but yes, it's likely that the leaker didn't have all of the information on every story.

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

After the leaks of this year they should care a lot about this, and they should change the way they work.

That's the thing, though. I don't really know what they can do to prevent leaks. They can make their cast and crew sign the most fearsome NDAs you've ever seen in your life, which is what I think they've been doing, and people like Docmantistobogan and Awayforthelads still blab. They can try to film in remote locations like Iceland, and fans will still snap GOT actors at local pubs and restaurants and take pictures of filming. They can lock down the Paint Hall set, but Belfast fans will still know who is in Belfast at any given time and who isn't.

Short of, as I said, filming the entirety of Season 8 in Paint Hall--which is unrealistic for a number of reasons--or replacing all cast, crew and extras with robots, there is no way to prevent leaks inside the production, and there are multiple ways for information to leak outside the production (fans taking photos and tracking actors' movements, photographers hunting spoilery set photos, etc.). Look at all the information we got this year independent of Awayforthelads' leaks just from fans and photographers taking photos and reporting things on Twitter. As much as I think D&D would love to squirrel away their entire cast and crew and film in a remote location that's completely inaccessible to GOT fans where no one has even heard of GOT and film in secret, I think that's just not possible. I read an interview with an actor who played a minor-ish role on the show--maybe it was Jonathan Pryce or Richard E. Grant--who said that he was in some remote location when a local walked up to him and immediately recognized him from GOT.

Martin should also care about this, and I hope he gets his cameo and something more (I know he won't write an episode) but that means there is a possibility that he could be there

I'm wondering how much Martin will consult on the finale, if at all. It really is D&D's show at this point, for better or for worse.

I bet he doesn't want his ending to be spoiled on reddit by a leaker whose explanation of the plot leaves quite a lot to be desired.

Well, I'm guessing he 100% didn't want his ending spoiled by the show, either, but here we are.

2 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

Regarding the leaks maybe I missed something but they are not a detailed list of who lives or dies but an outline of the plot. For example

Reveal hidden contents

we know Cersei is still alive in episode 7 and Jamie leaves her but we don't know for sure if she dies or even the Mountain in that episode during the big meeting

at least that is my take. I certainly expect more deaths than what has leaked but likely no more non POV characters.

Awayforthelads pretty much said who lives and who dies, although there are a few question marks (like Yara).

2 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

I agree the leaks seem to be getting worse each year however if the awayforthelads stuff hadn't leaked I doubt we would know that much. Well other than the stuff that leaked from Spain and I would be sure that will change next year.

Awayforthelads' information allowed fans to understand the context of filming leaks/photos. However, even assuming Awayforthelads out of the picture, thanks to WOTW, fan photos and filming leaks, we knew the following, and this is just off the top of my head:

-the ambush scene, when it takes place during the season and which factions/actors were involved, including Randyll and Dickon Tarly's actors

-Ellaria, Tyene and Yara's walk of shame (and absence from the dragonpit scene) in KL

-that there was a dragonpit scene and who was present

-which scenes take place at Dragonstone and who shows up there

-multiple Jon/Dany scenes

-Jon's dustup with Theon

-Theon getting beaten up by his own men

-Gendry is back and joins up with Tyrion and Davos (fans probably would have put together the pieces about this occurring before the Iceland scenes because of the KL guards in the Tyrion/Davos/Gendry scene)

-that there is an expedition beyond the Wall (and the makeup of the team), and that this takes place in Episode 6, with some team members showing up at the dragonpit scene in Episode 7

-Jorah returning to Dany, cured, and going beyond the Wall

-Alys Karstark having a scene at Winterfell with all the mains

-Bran and Meera returning to Winterfell

-Arya meeting Nymeria

-Sam leaving Oldtown (I also believe it was spoiled that Jorah and Sam would meet)

So we wouldn't have known everything, but we would have known quite a bit about Season 7 just through non-Awayforthelads leaks.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought the worst leak was when 4 of the actual episodes were leaked, that's almost half of the season.  The leaks this year didn't seem to cover every single plot but they gave a broad overview.  I am too dumb to do spoiler tags, so will just say that there is a fairly long list of people who we know die, but yes, it's likely that the leaker didn't have all of the information on every story.

I guess it depends on whether one thinks the first four episodes in their entirety is more spoilery than a rough plot outline of the entire season. I tend to go with the latter, if only the first four episodes are usually just setup for the crazy stuff that happens later in the season.

I expect to be very disappointed in the ending, based on what has happened last season and what the leaks are for this season, combined with what GRRM has said.  But, I've made my peace with it.  I want to know which of my favorite characters lives or dies.  I've given up on a written ending from the author, so will have to make due with the show ending, which I am hopeful it will leak by Winter 2017 or very early in 2018.

I also don't think there is anything they can do to prevent leaks.  They stopped giving reviewers the episodes to prevent another leak of the show itself, but with so many locations and so many people working on the sets, in post production, etc. it will be impossible.  And as I said, the leaks have not had any negative impact on the show viewership/popularity because only a tiny minority of the audience pays attention to blogs and reddit sub threads about show leaks.

46 minutes ago, Newstar said:

That's the thing, though. I don't really know what they can do to prevent leaks. They can make their cast and crew sign the most fearsome NDAs you've ever seen in your life, which is what I think they've been doing, and people like Docmantistobogan and Awayforthelads still blab. They can try to film in remote locations like Iceland, and fans will still snap GOT actors at local pubs and restaurants and take pictures of filming. They can lock down the Paint Hall set, but Belfast fans will still know who is in Belfast at any given time and who isn't.

Short of, as I said, filming the entirety of Season 8 in Paint Hall--which is unrealistic for a number of reasons--or replacing all cast, crew and extras with robots, there is no way to prevent leaks inside the production, and there are multiple ways for information to leak outside the production (fans taking photos and tracking actors' movements, photographers hunting spoilery set photos, etc.). Look at all the information we got this year independent of Awayforthelads' leaks just from fans and photographers taking photos and reporting things on Twitter. As much as I think D&D would love to squirrel away their entire cast and crew and film in a remote location that's completely inaccessible to GOT fans where no one has even heard of GOT and film in secret, I think that's just not possible. I read an interview with an actor who played a minor-ish role on the show--maybe it was Jonathan Pryce or Richard E. Grant--who said that he was in some remote location when a local walked up to him and immediately recognized him from GOT.

Yes, they have less control of the pics that might be taken (although they know that in some areas there are more pics than others) but there is huge difference from knowing pieces of the season and the leak of the whole season, explained in a weird way, but in detail. With the pics one can specualte what will happen, but if someone leaks everything (inclusding, this person dies, that doesn't, and in s8 it will be like, this people will win the throne, the WWs will be defetated (or not) in this way then it's a whole different thing. We would have never known about Vyserion if it had not been for the leaker, and many other details (although I maintain there is a chance some are invented, like Cersei's preganncy, but it could be real...still no photos of it).

If they watched the Internet closely and the crew they could prevent them from leaking the whole season. Didn't they do something similar with FrikiDoctor's channel? They could also investigate who is the leaker. They can do many things. Shot in remote areas (indoors) and also -amd that would be intelligent for their part-throw leak spoilers in the Internet before/at the same time another does it, so as that could make people wonder which is legit and who is not. They could also play the photographer's game like they did last year with the actress who plays Shae. Many, many things, if they really care about their show. And considering it's the culmination of it, they should care more about it.

I'm wondering how much Martin will consult on the finale, if at all. It really is D&D's show at this point, for better or for worse.

I don't know, he might not say anything or be involved in some way; iI hope he is. After all it's he that told them what would happen in the finale with a lot of details.

Well, I'm guessing he 100% didn't want his ending spoiled by the show, either, but here we are.

Of course he doesn't want, but it will be, and he knows, because he said it should be 10 seasons of GOT so as that might not happen, so it will be. He should have been quicker. But, again, I think he doesn't want the ending of the story he has been writing for many, many, many years be spoiled by a leaker on reddit 9 months before the show is aired and in a really weird way. It's the nightmare of a writer. And also, it should be the nightmare of the showrunners, in a way. They are doing 3 hours more, so it's possible they put a lot of filler in s7. If they have to be proud of any season, I have no doubt they always wanted the last episodes to be the ones they like the most, and it will be the way by how they will be remembered in a general term (many other people won't forgive them for other seasons, but that's not what I'm discussing here). A leaker stealing that it's not something pleasant.

46 minutes ago, Newstar said:

They're eyeing new locations more wintery conditions in Sweden and other places. So, bar any leaks like awayforthelads it might not be as big as this past off season.  Belfast not many leaks were getting to us, Spain is obsessed with GOT and GOT made a mistake that they didn't secure locations around their location they've been shooting their scenes on. Like these hotels and people tehre gave us these videos of Jon/Theon, Jon arriving with Davos meeting Tyrion, Missandei and Dothraki. Or Other places where Jon/Dany and Missandei scenes. We'll get some god info but maybe not in this extent as for season 7, which was unprecedented. In previous seasons, people leaked some bits for season 6 or first four episodes of season 5 but it wasnt as big as this for season 7.

George has to at least give them info so the ending is not so different but it will be different in many parts ... so George has some surprise for his readers and it's not the exact same. I agree, at this point it is their show, diverging from books more and more but endings has to be in mould of George's work, you need for it.

Awayforthelads pretty much said who lives and who dies, although there are a few question marks (like Yara).

Viserion, Yara, Sand Snakes but actors have been mentioning some epic deaths and other than Viserion not many really. Emilia said she was sad but not because of humans. It must be Viserion which was indirectly confirmed by her.

15 hours ago, Newstar said:

Yeah, I think for secondary characters their show endings will not necessarily be reflective of what's going to happen in the books. For the main characters, though, it will be pretty close. I also doubt that the wight hunt will be a thing; it sounds like an action set piece cooked up by D&D to wow the audience.

I don't think George himself knows at this point how Sandor, Varys, Jorah or other secondary character will end up. I think he'll told them who lives and who dies. In this it will be close but many things in a different context. Wight hunt seems to be like Hardhome action set piece to add to their drama and so NK can have his own dragon. D&D likes to do things for the shocking value.

3 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

Even Truede last year he leaked a lot but not much from the finale which is generally considered the best episode of GOT to air to date so there is hope.

Considering they'll move scenes to new locations Sweden or Norway been souted for next season. Belfast is clear, it might not be as good as this seasons leaks, but some people will leak deaths or who will survive because they want people to know the ending of this show.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

The leaker said the last scene of Cersei involves her crying with a lot of blood from the baby that has died.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't think it's worse. I even think it could have been on purpose. And the four episodes of s5 are amongst the ones with less content of the season. Nothing very big happened to important characters except for episode 4. That made people wonder what would happen after, if anything. It's a different kinf of leak. And they managed to solve "that problem" in s6. Not any other episode was leaked on the Internet, only some plots after pos-ptoduction, but not the actual footage. They managed to solve that.

If they care about the product, they'll do something next season. If they don't care at all, s8 will be leaked on October as this year. 

I hope that wherever the go they get a no drone fly zone.  With modern drones, shooting 4k video and high resolution stills any outdoor scenes are liable to be compromised.  You can see it in the photos, they're not bad quality because of the camera, they're bad because the images are being pushed to the limit in magnification.  And they're up against real pros now, the vast majority of those shots aren't being taken by I-phones or androids, you're talking about port-level DSLRs and Mirrorless stuff in addition to the drones.  This is paparazzi stuff, imagine what some websites will pay for the first picture or video of whoever sits the Iron Throne last? 

22 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If they watched the Internet closely and the crew they could prevent them from leaking the whole season. Didn't they do something similar with FrikiDoctor's channel?

That comparison really doesn't hold up. FrikiDoctor had identified himself by name, making him easy to find and threaten, and had his own Youtube channel. It was pretty easy to shut that channel down by claiming copyright infringement, a claim Youtube happily enforced, and to threaten legal action against FrikiDoctor.

The big leaks this season have come from an anonymous Redditor. No real name, no way to find them and harass them, and no way to force the board to censor or delete the comments, which is why leakers are drawn to /Freefolk in the first place.. The production is also caught in the double bind of letting the leaks continue or bringing the hammer down on the leaks and thereby confirming them. 

The bottom line is that no matter what security protocols they implement, there's absolutely no way for the production to prevent someone like Awayforthelads from getting an anonymous Reddit account and leaking whatever they want to leak. They might be able to identify and punish the leaker after the fact, but by that point the damage would be done.

The only restraint on Reddit leakers is the fear of getting caught, and they're clearly getting bolder if Awayforthelads is any indication. Besides, with Season 8 being the last season (and therefore no fear of not getting hired back for future seasons), they might be even more emboldened.

22 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

They're eyeing new locations more wintery conditions in Sweden and other places. So, bar any leaks like awayforthelads it might not be as big as this past off season.  

GOT is very popular in Sweden. Also, there were filming leaks and cast photos coming out of Iceland, which is certainly more remote than Sweden.

I don't think George himself knows at this point how Sandor, Varys, Jorah or other secondary character will end up.

I think Bryan Cogman strongly hinted that GRRM hasn't told them anything about Sandor post-AFFC. I wouldn't expect Book Sandor's fate to bear any resemblance to TV Sandor's.

22 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If they care about the product, they'll do something next season. If they don't care at all, s8 will be leaked on October as this year. 

You sort of make it sound as if it will be D&D's fault if there are leaks for Season 8, and if there are leaks it will be because D&D "don't care enough" to prevent them, and I don't think that's fair. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, there's only so much they can do to prevent leaks in general, and even with the most impeccable security protocols in place, there's absolutely nothing they can do to prevent an Awayforthelads-type leak, where someone takes out an anonymous Reddit account and starts leaking. 

15 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

I hope that wherever the go they get a no drone fly zone.  With modern drones, shooting 4k video and high resolution stills any outdoor scenes are liable to be compromised.  You can see it in the photos, they're not bad quality because of the camera, they're bad because the images are being pushed to the limit in magnification.  And they're up against real pros now, the vast majority of those shots aren't being taken by I-phones or androids, you're talking about port-level DSLRs and Mirrorless stuff in addition to the drones.  This is paparazzi stuff, imagine what some websites will pay for the first picture or video of whoever sits the Iron Throne last? 

I think the spoilery photographer shots for Season 7 were taken not with drones but with really good cameras, which is how we got shots of Jon and Dany's scenes in the Basque region that were taken hundreds of yards away.