Lord Friendzone

Speculations, news, theories for season 7. (includes leaks )

3,838 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If Jaime is valonqar as many think, hinting at it would be needed or even Tyrion. They could've twisted it for it not to be too eviden- if neded to be. To actually remind the audience and in fact a lot of people would thought due to their animosity Tyrion is the candidate, not Jaime. Valonqar is gender neutral term like in PtwP prophecy, so it could be technically even Arya doing that. Show is very clear Shireen, Hodor, White Walkers, Olly's bertayal, Jon's parentage/riding a dragon everything they did had or will have foreshadowing attached to it. It's less subtle than in the books.

Was Ned's beheading foreshadowed? Was the Red Wedding foreshadowed? Was Hold the Door foreshadowed?Lol. The show is litterally full of WTF shocking moments.

And regardless if it's Jaime or not, the worst thing they could do is to adapt the prophechy with the part of the valonqar (if indeed she is going to be killed by a valonqar, that I think it's true). It's probably one of the few things that I like how was adapted diffrently from the books.

As for foreshadowing, I've said the show is full of NON-Foreshadowed moments (not everything has to be foreshadowed) but this one in particular, with Jaime, if they feel it is needed, could be done next season. And actually, anyone who watches the show can understand that their relationship is pretty toxic and that Jaime is a Kinglsayer, something we have been reminded all the seasons. And we had Cersei burning people in s6, like Aerys wanted to do. So, we could say that in case it's Jaime, it is even "foreshadowed". (and Not that it is needed).

Edited by Meera of Tarth

3 minutes ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Wait now I'm confused about the general mythology here: 

How is Jon = "ice", if he's also a Targaryen? Is it because he's a basstid 

I don't know, those are words from the leaker, If I recall them correctly.

22 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't know, those are words from the leaker, If I recall them correctly.

It's weird though people have been saying stuff like "Dany = fire, Jon Snow = ice" for quite a while now - independent from R+L.
How is he "ice", I thought he fought the ice?

And now it makes even less sense, but probably I'm just stupid.

41 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Why would it be too spoilery or unprofessional? She is not revealing anything. We already know how old is she and her appearance. I see this as hype, and not spoilery at all.

Because this could reveal thing for the future? Like another appearance of old Melisandre, there are strict rules on the set. Did you saw someone else doing that for other characters?

36 minutes ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Didn't Carice let slip some kinda remark that implied Jon would be resurrected?

However this is a non-issue - it's like, of course she's gonna appear again, and of course she'll appear as an old lady again or why else did they reveal it.

No it wasn't Carice.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Because this could reveal thing for the future? Like another appearance of old Melisandre, there are strict rules on the set. Did you saw someone else doing that for other characters?

And I've said that we already know that Melisandre is old, so it's not a spoiler to reveal she'll appear old again. In fact, I think that it's normal to think she will. (If not, what was the point of the revealing apart from the shocking moment?) So Melisandre, as part of the main cast, can appear old or young and it's not a spoiler. It's a comment on the make up.

Of course. I already said that. Emilia posted a lot of pics and videos from set with her new wig and clothes.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

40 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Was Ned's beheading foreshadowed? Was the Red Wedding foreshadowed? Was Hold the Door foreshadowed?Lol. The show is litterally full of WTF shocking moments.

And regardless if it's Jaime or not, the worst thing they could do is to adapt the prophechy with the part of the valonqar (if indeed she is going to be killed by a valonqar, that I think it's true). It's probably one of the few things that I like how was adapted diffrently from the books.

As for foreshadowing, I've said the show is full of NON-Foreshadowed moments (not everything has to be foreshadowed) but this one in particular, with Jaime, if they feel it is needed, could be done next season. And actually, anyone who watches the show can understand that their relationship is pretty toxic and that Jaime is a Kinglsayer, something we have been reminded all the seasons. And we had Cersei burning people in s6, like Aerys wanted to do. So, we could say that in case it's Jaime, it is even "foreshadowed". (and Not that it is needed).

Iam talking about current progress of the show and how they do things.

Recently, every important moment has been foreshadowed even Jon and Dany eventually coming together as lovers. I don't think Jaime is a valonqar, which might be why this is not part of it. But then three headed dragon is pretty big deal and yet not part of the show. It doesn't look it will. We'll see.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Iam talking about current progress of the show and how they do things.

Recently, every important moment has been foreshadowed even Jon and Dany eventually coming together as lovers. I don't think Jaime is a valonqar, which might be why this is not part of it. But then three headed dragon is pretty big deal and yet not part of the show. It doesn't look it will. We'll see.

Yes, but Hold the Door was not foreshadowed either and it's a recent thing.

I maintain that not everything has to be foreshadowed and that they could do it next season, anyway. And also that revealing the valonqar prophecy would not be a logical idea in terms of that it would reveal too much.

As for the Jonerys as being foreshadowed, I've seen just one visual parallel in all the seasons, and nothing of a foreshadowed romance. I know you have another opinion on that topic, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Is Carice filming now? Whether the pic is from S6 or S7, unless she's still filming then the pic has to be old (i.e. not current).

And why would that need to appear in Lads' leaks? It's not a major plot point for S7, seeing as we already know she's an old woman. I don't think it discredits Lads' other spoilers for him not to mention "and we get another look at Mel's saggy old body".

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, maudisdottir said:

Is Carice filming now? Whether the pic is from S6 or S7, unless she's still filming then the pic has to be old (i.e. not current).

And why would that need to appear in Lads' leaks? It's not a major plot point for S7, seeing as we already know she's an old woman. I don't think it discredits Lads' other spoilers for him not to mention "and we get another look at Mel's saggy old body".

if it is from s7 it should appear, if you have the leaks of all the season. I think it can be an interesting scene. Of course, maybe it's not important, but why would Mel become old again? In which circumstances? It can be anything, but I bet that if it's from s7 the scene is important.

I'm not saying this makes all the other spoilers wrong, but his leak less consistent.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

How does it make his leaks less consistent? It doesn't contradict anything he said. I guess it depends on how much importance you put in a scene showing something we already know, and whether it's critical enough to mention when trying to summarise a seven hour season.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, maudisdottir said:

How does it make his leaks less consistent? It doesn't contradict anything he said. I guess it depends on how much importance you put in a scene showing something we already know, and whether it's critical enough to mention when trying to summarise a seven hour season.

If you only say that Melisandre has only one appearance saying "ice and fire are together ohh..." instead of Melisandre has a story being again old for some reason makes the leak about that super inconsistent. He knew all the plot, in theory. And we are discovering that many things are not in his leaks. Iron bank, Theon not being Reek again, Meera leaving Bran because he "has changed", Brienne being all the season in WF until the fans told him she is in the Dragonpit, OldTown only being about Sam, (when we know an Archmaester will have 5 episodes with MAJOR scenes.......and now possibly Melisandre. MMM.

(And Let's not address Lads2...)

I know many of you love the leaks and want to believe that everything he said is correct and, not only that, that only what the leaks said is going to be in the season (and what he left will be unimportant) but I just have a different vision about that.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If you only say that Melisandre has only one appearance saying "ice and fire are together ohh..." instead of Melisandre has a story being again old for some reason makes the leak about that super inconsistent.

Lads said Melisandre has 2-3 appearances, not only one.

Melisandre mostly keeps out of it all - she's reduced to 2 or 3 appearances across the whole season, mostly complaining about the terrible things she's done. One note - she does say she's fulfilled her task of bringing together 'Ice and Fire' when Dany and Jon meet.

Iron bank, Theon not being Reek again

You're right about the Iron Bank.  He said Theon will be a shell of himself for most of the season; there's no mention of Reek.  This seems to line up with what WOTW has reported as we learn that Theon's little fight takes place in the finale.

Meera leaving Bran because he "has changed"

Not sure what you mean with this one because we haven't really learned anything new about this plot

Brienne being all the season in WF until the fans told him she is in the Dragonpit

Yes he slipped up here, but it could've just been an honest mistake.  He made a similar mistake when he said that there would be an attack in King's Landing, but then later corrected himself by saying that the battle takes place in the Reach on the road towards King's Landing.

OldTown only being about Sam, (when we know an Archmaester will have 5 episodes with MAJOR scenes

But Oldtown is solely about Sam, I’m sure those “major scenes” he’s talking about will involve Sam somehow. Lads also said that Sam leaves by episode 5, which lines up rather nicely with what Broadbent said.

I know many of you love the leaks and want to believe that everything he said is correct and, not only that, that only what the leaks said is going to be in the season (and what he left will be unimportant) but I just have a different vision about that.

Lol, I don't think I've seen anyone state that they "love the leaks".  And I agree that he didn't spoil the entire season as that would have been impossible unless he posted all the scripts.  But he touched on the major plot points and the things that interest him the most.  

2 minutes ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

Lads said Melisandre has 2-3 appearances, not only one.

Thanks for the clarification!

Not sure what you mean with this one because we haven't really learned anything new about this plot

It was something about the real Bran not existing anymore since the cave or something like that, which is very very odd

Yes he slipped up here, but it could've just been an honest mistake.  He made a similar mistake when he said that there would be an attack in King's Landing, but then later corrected himself by saying that the battle takes place in the Reach on the road towards King's Landing.

But Oldtown is solely about Sam, I’m sure those “major scenes” he’s talking about will involve Sam somehow. Lads also said that Sam leaves by episode 5, which lines up rather nicely with what Broadbent said.

He made many mistakes, then that means we don't have to believe everyhting he said.

He didn't mention any Archmaester in Sam's storyline. Just a dead maester who has a book, and another sleeping, plus the others who try to cure Jorah. But important scenes with one Archmaester that appears in 5/7 episodes? Nothing about that. he just didn't know it. It's fine. He doesn't have to know everything.

Lol, I don't think I've seen anyone state that they "love the leaks".  And I agree that he didn't spoil the entire season as that would have been impossible unless he posted all the scripts.  But he touched on the major plot points and the things that interest him the most.  

Well, some people do like them all (and it's fine, everyone can like what they want) but there is nothing wrong in admitting the leaker has not all the answers and he just didn't know lots of things, which is very, very likely.

Agree with the bolded, totally. He was extremely focused on Jonerys.

20 hours ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

totally was

Emilia kinda did but not Carice.

20 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And I've said that we already know that Melisandre is old, so it's not a spoiler to reveal she'll appear old again. In fact, I think that it's normal to think she will. (If not, what was the point of the revealing apart from the shocking moment?) So Melisandre, as part of the main cast, can appear old or young and it's not a spoiler. It's a comment on the make up.

Of course. I already said that. Emilia posted a lot of pics and videos from set with her new wig and clothes.

Carice if you read that tweet complimenting make up artists on Game of Thrones. You're jumping into conclusion that it is spoiler, to prove leaks wrong when leaks were already proved to be quite accurate by Sue and other sources. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Carice if you read that tweet complimenting make up artists on Game of Thrones. You're jumping into conclusion that it is spoiler, to prove leaks wrong when leaks were already proved to be quite accurate by Sue and other sources. 

I'm not jumping into any conclusion. Re-read my first post about that, please. See the bolded words.

23 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Possible new photo of Melisandre in s7

if it's from s7 (it looks so...) then this didn't appear in the leaks!:commie:

Edited by Meera of Tarth

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Well, some people do like them all (and it's fine, everyone can like what they want) but there is nothing wrong in admitting the leaker has not all the answers and he just didn't know lots of things, which is very, very likely.

Did he ever claim to reveal the entire season? A lot of it was him answering specific questions. I hope he hasn't spoiled all of it because I still like the odd surprise, and unless the entire scripts are leaked we are never going to learn everything beforehand.

16 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I'm not jumping into any conclusion. Re-read my first post about that, please. See the bolded words.

You also added "it looks so" It doesnt if you're asking the right people on it. At this point they think it's just season 6, from time to time cast tweets oldr pics. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

You also added "it looks so" It doesnt if you're asking the right people on it. At this point they think it's just season 6, from time to time cast tweets oldr pics. 

this is a speculation thread and winteriscoming wrote an article on that possibility. I don't know who are you referring to? (who should I ask). As an speculation thread I can speculate that this is from s7 if I want to, which is what I did: "possible", "looks so", etc.

I can guess that it can be from both seasons but no, I don't know from which one is it from.

I think there are high chances that it's from s7.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Hello all,

I have read through this blog and wow-this is great stuff!  Many of you are fantastic analysts, and have       insight that really shows depth of knowledge. There are some who will fight for their cause to the bitter end, and many that are willing to explore new character arcs. I love the spoilers for this season, and have compared the conversations on this blog to those on free folk, and reddit. I must say, this one is by far the best.  With the Lads and Lads2 spoiler for the entire season laying out the plot for each episode, who's characters will experience the greatest development this season? I have a few ideas and I welcome your input!

1. Jon's character will actually start to 'feel' and display emotion other than brooding...

2. Sansa will actually command Northern houses, further exploring the depth of northern politics while Jon fights and travels.

3. Bran makes his return south of the wall and learns more of Bran the builder (Who I think he actually is).

4. Arya strikes more names off 'her little list' specifically the eye colors she has yet to from Melisandre's quote,  "I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes starring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes sealed shut forever. We will meet again."  I think she still needs to slay a green eyed person.

5. Does Meera have a major role? Bran's lady?

6. What role does the Eryie play in all of this? Why is 'Sweet Robin' still alive?? Somebody kill him PLEASE. Is it a potential final spot to defend against the WWs?

7. Does Jorah become the patron Saint of friend zoned men?

8. What is Brianne the beauty's role going forward? 

9. Jamie- Forever 'alone' or does he finally separate from Cersei?

10. Cersei how on earth did she get pregnant? Jamie was gone most of last season, and the show hasn't brought the Kettleblacks into the fold so that seems weak to me...

11. Is there still a Clegeane  bowl to come? I saw the Valanquar could be The Hound after slaying Frankenmountain in a trial by combat...potentially after Cersei betrayed the realm by not sending the army to assist Jonarys and co in the great fight?

12. Aren't there more Sand Snakes? Actually, no one cares.

13. Will Dragonbinder make an appearance?

Thanks for any input, I really enjoy this blog!