Hooded Man of WF is 10000% Theon

Jadakiss

21 hours ago, Macgregor of the North said:

I'm not usually big on linking theories on other people's threads unless they ask but if anybody has spare time this is the coolest one I have ever read on the topic.

Its from somebody by the name of Cantuse. I've only read a couple of their theories and they aren't perfect but if you get the time check this one out, I thought it was a fucking brilliant read.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/cantuse.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/the-hooded-man-uncloaked/amp/

I personally am still not settled 100% on who exactly the man in the hooded cloak was for whatever reason, but the above version is a great read.

Wow, that was a good read. I still think Hallis Mollen made it back to Winterfell with Ned's bones considering that the door was closed again by the time Theon and Lady Dustin found it, but I'm wavering now as to whether he is the Hooded Man.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:21 AM, Dofs said:

I think it was Big Walder who killed Little Walder, no? Then, the spearwives killed everyone else and Hooded Man is just a guy, of no particular importance.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, Jadakiss said:

Yes big walder killed little walder. He did so because he saw how much of a monster ramsay was turning him into. He pretty much spared his innocence. very obvious, and how he shows up covered in his blood, his flesh blood but claims he found him, with how cold the weather is there is no way the blood would be wet and the way it looked

walder on walder is true, spear wives did some, but theon was the rest, like what he did with yellow dick

I just can't buy into the idea that BW was the killer. If Martin had wanted to suggest that, I think he would have done it a little more subtly than literally covering him with blood. And if the blood on his clothes is LW's, and LW is frozen solid in the snow, then that means BW had plenty of time to change before they discovered the body. Why is he walking around with the victim's blood all over him hours later?

37 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

I just can't buy into the idea that BW was the killer. If Martin had wanted to suggest that, I think he would have done it a little more subtly than literally covering him with blood. And if the blood on his clothes is LW's, and LW is frozen solid in the snow, then that means BW had plenty of time to change before they discovered the body. Why is he walking around with the victim's blood all over him hours later?

The bold is greatly exaggerated. The text:

Snow slid from Ser Hosteen’s cloaks as he stalked toward the high table, his steps ringing against the floor. A dozen Frey knights and men-at-arms entered behind him. One was a boy Theon knew—Big Walder, the little one, fox-faced and skinny as a stick. His chest and arms and cloak were spattered with blood.

Spatter does not mean blood all over. Dictionary.com definition of spatter: 

to scatter or dash in small particles or drops.

4 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

I have a novel idea. Let's use the actual text to figure out these matters!

Theon I, DwD.

It was the spearwives.

You misread then. Or maybe I did./ I took it as "thats not our work" or maybe just in general only 1 of them did it and the others didnt know...... we do know the big walder and little walder, and do know the spear wives murders, the only one they may not have done is yellow dick

but theon is still the hooded man...... he even puts his hands on that dagger when they meet. the same type dagger grrm chose to describe to us when he was eating, the same type of dagger they brought up to discuss if it could be him or not.

kind of off topic about yellow dick

2 hours ago, Jons bastard brother said:

Manderley had Little walder killed. He hates freys and little walder was betrothed to his granddaughter 

lmao no. sorry. you should read again

grrm hinted a million times to lay it all out. why would manderly want a young little kid killed?

Big Walder saw that his cousin was turning into a monster just like ramsay. he spared his innocence. he claims he found him dead in the snow. if that was the case there is no way he would have blood all over his clothes, unless he "found" the body 10 seconds after he was killed. for him to have all that blood over his clothes means that he was there for the killing. Then he creates that sketchy ass dice game story

this is one of the easier "mystery" related things in the novels because grrm just gives it away

38 minutes ago, Jadakiss said:

You misread then. Or maybe I did./ I took it as "thats not our work" or maybe just in general only 1 of them did it and the others didnt know...... we do know the big walder and little walder, and do know the spear wives murders, the only one they may not have done is yellow dick

but theon is still the hooded man...... he even puts his hands on that dagger when they meet. the same type dagger grrm chose to describe to us when he was eating, the same type of dagger they brought up to discuss if it could be him or not.

kind of off topic about yellow dick

Yea he can hold a dagger, still doesn't change the fact that he's insanely weak, brittle and terrified of everyone else in Winterfell. Especially Ramsey, do you really think he could overpower a soldier in full armour, never mind one of the Bastard's Boys? and smash his teeth in with his penis? Theon can't even chew meat I don't think he could kill grown soldiers. Did Rowan not claim credit for yello dick as well?

9 minutes ago, theblackdragonI said:

Yea he can hold a dagger, still doesn't change the fact that he's insanely weak, brittle and terrified of everyone else in Winterfell. Especially Ramsey, do you really think he could overpower a soldier in full armour, never mind one of the Bastard's Boys? and smash his teeth in with his penis? Theon can't even chew meat I don't think he could kill grown soldiers. Did Rowan not claim credit for yello dick as well?

Yes. She did. I provided the text earlier in this thread. 

48 minutes ago, Jadakiss said:

When Rowan says "This was no work of ours" she is referring to Little Walder, not Yellow Dick.

Text:

Little Walder, thought Theon. The big one. He glanced at Rowan. There are six of them, he remembered. Any of them could have done this. But the washerwoman felt his eyes. “This was no work of ours,” she said.

“Be quiet,” Abel warned her.

1 hour ago, theblackdragonI said:

I said he was the hooded man not the one who did all those murders. Not sure where you got that from. It is the same style dagger he has, as far as yellow dick it could have been from behind...... he was strong enough to escape the castle, fall in the snow, run far enough with sansa. grrm wrote the part about him eating with the dagger as a clue, to show that he can use it.

The murder of yellow dick can be debated but the hooded man he sees is himself. Never was it said the hooded man was doing the murders. Like I said his own sister didnt even realize who he was at first. Yet somehow in the pitch black night during a snow storm some guy knows who he is instantly? again the chapter name "a ghost in winterfell

He is at the point where he is just out of his mind, we know about the big walder murder and theoens the spear wives do atest to, but not yellow dick. I really think its theon, he was strong enough to escape etc. now even if he didnt do that murder, it was still himself he saw, there was no actual hooded man. a cool piece of writing by grrm

edit- yellow dick murder was claimed yes. so theon didnt do that murder, but it  was still himself that he saw. all the evidence shows that easily. I think the HM having his hand on the dagger almost shows that he is equipped with the same items as reek

but are you sure the whole no work of ours is about big walder? that text isnt very clear. if anything think that would be yellow dick, because of how disgusting the murder was, which is why she said "no work of ours" unless I am not looking at it right? It most likely is rowan, but does not change the point i am making about there being no actual hooded man

45 minutes ago, Jadakiss said:

but are you sure the whole no work of ours is about big walder? that text isnt very clear. if anything think that would be yellow dick, because of how disgusting the murder was, which is why she said "no work of ours" unless I am not looking at it right? It most likely is rowan, but does not change the point i am making about there being no actual hooded man

Yes, I'm sure. Do you have the books handy? Read Theon I, DwD. 

Here's a little more before and after for you.

Another murder.

Snow slid from Ser Hosteen’s cloaks as he stalked toward the high table, his steps ringing against the floor. A dozen Frey knights and men-at-arms entered behind him. One was a boy Theon knew—Big Walder, the little one, fox-faced and skinny as a stick. His chest and arms and cloak were spattered with blood. The scent of it set the horses to screaming. Dogs slid out from under the tables, sniffing. Men rose from the benches. The body in Ser Hosteen’s arms sparkled in the torchlight, armored in pink frost. The cold outside had frozen his blood.

“My brother Merrett’s son.” Hosteen Frey lowered the body to the floor before the dais. “Butchered like a hog and shoved beneath a snowbank. A boy.”

Little Walder, thought Theon. The big one. He glanced at Rowan. There are six of them, he remembered. Any of them could have done this. But the washerwoman felt his eyes. “This was no work of ours,” she said.

“Be quiet,” Abel warned her.

Lord Ramsay descended from the dais to the dead boy. His father rose more slowly, pale-eyed, still-faced, solemn. “This was foul work.” For once Roose Bolton’s voice was loud enough to carry. “Where was the body found?”

They are clearly talking about LW. Hosteen has just brought his body into the hall and Theon looks at Rowan. She knows he thinks it was them because of the other murders (Yellow Dick included). She says this one was not done by them. This is because it was BW.

1 hour ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Yes, I'm sure. Do you have the books handy? Read Theon I, DwD. 

Here's a little more before and after for you.

They are clearly talking about LW. Hosteen has just brought his body into the hall and Theon looks at Rowan. She knows he thinks it was them because of the other murders (Yellow Dick included). She says this one was not done by them. This is because it was BW.

gotcha. that is off topic now though

theon himself is the hooded man. grrm left like 50 clues and left a give away by the name of the chapter lol

9 minutes ago, Jadakiss said:

gotcha. that is off topic now though

theon himself is the hooded man. grrm left like 50 clues and left a give away by the name of the chapter lol

If you read my posts I have not disagreed with your beliefs on Theon as the HM. I only disagreed with you about your claim here: 

walder on walder is true, spear wives did some, but theon was the rest, like what he did with yellow dick

13 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Wow, that was a good read. I still think Hallis Mollen made it back to Winterfell with Ned's bones considering that the door was closed again by the time Theon and Lady Dustin found it, but I'm wavering now as to whether he is the Hooded Man.

It's something I don't think I have ever 100% settled on. This theory though, when I read it I thoroughly enjoyed it. The detail of the Ryswells being hard to tell apart and how Mors addresses Theon the way he does the same way the man in the hooded cloak does. Really cool details. 

If Martin had wanted to suggest that, I think he would have done it a little more subtly than literally covering him with blood.

Martin is really not that subtle with clues. R+L=J, the Gravedigger, the Red Wedding, Ned's murder and other stuff has plenty of 'in your face' clues that you simply have to notice to see where everything is going.

And if the blood on his clothes is LW's, and LW is frozen solid in the snow, then that means BW had plenty of time to change before they discovered the body.

Then where did the blood come from?

Why is he walking around with the victim's blood all over him hours later?

He is like 11. And I am pretty sure the blood would freeze pretty soon, not hours later.

On 01/12/2016 at 2:14 PM, Jadakiss said:
10 hours ago, Jadakiss said:

I said he was the hooded man not the one who did all those murders. Not sure where you got that from. It is the same style dagger he has, as far as yellow dick it could have been from behind...... he was strong enough to escape the castle, fall in the snow, run far enough with sansa. grrm wrote the part about him eating with the dagger as a clue, to show that he can use it.

So all the murders were him except for the ones mance claimed. Little walder also killed big walder, the rest was all theon, hes gone off the deeep end 

Theon Durden theory is def true and correct. Even look at the chapter name " a ghost in wf" that is a give away there

You said in your opening line that theon was the hooded man and that he was the one responsible for all the murders except the ones mance claimed. That's where I got it from. So which is it? Is he just the hooded man, or does putting on the cloak give him the strength to overpower fully armoured soldiers? 

1 hour ago, theblackdragonI said:

You said in your opening line that theon was the hooded man and that he was the one responsible for all the murders except the ones mance claimed. That's where I got it from. So which is it? Is he just the hooded man, or does putting on the cloak give him the strength to overpower fully armoured soldiers? 

Exactly. @Jadakiss keeps saying "it's off topic" yet he wrote this: 

So all the murders were him except for the ones mance claimed. Little walder also killed big walder, the rest was all theon, hes gone off the deeep end 

in the OP. 

I don't believe Theon was responsible for any of these murders. 

2 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Theon is a POV character. All through the novel, POV characters allow the reader to know about their thoughts. Assuming that Theon was the Hooded Man would mean that he had turned schizophrenic.

As I understand it the theory of Theon being the hooded man has a foothold in Brad Pitt's character Tyler Durden in the movie Fight Club. Pitt's character has a personality disorder. In theory Theon developed a personality disorder and was talking with himself. A theory I do not agree with. Others do.

2 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Theon is a POV character. All through the novel, POV characters allow the reader to know about their thoughts. Assuming that Theon was the Hooded Man would mean that he had turned schizophrenic.

Just now, Clegane'sPup said:

As I understand it the theory of Theon being the hooded man has a foothold in Brad Pitt's character Tyler Durden in the movie Fight Club. Pitt's character has a personality disorder. In theory Theon developed a personality disorder and was talking with himself. A theory I do not agree with. Others do.

This is why establishing that Theon did not kill Yellow Dick is important, because the theory of his multiple personalities is reliant on him doing things and not remember them.

43 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Exactly. @Jadakiss keeps saying "it's off topic" yet he wrote this: 

in the OP. 

I don't believe Theon was responsible for any of these murders. 

Exactly, and that weakens the Theon Durden theory, because now there are no actions he is committing without remembering them.

Archived