Hooded Man of WF is 10000% Theon

Jadakiss

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

You're wrong. Shocking, I know, but there you go. When Roose, Barbrey, Frey and whoever else check Theon's hands, they say despite the missing fingers he could still hold and use a dagger. 

They determine it cant be him and are certain it isnt him

“Four is enough.” Ser Aenys Frey fingered the wispy brown beard that sprouted from his weak chin like a rat’s tail. “Four on his right hand. He could still hold a sword. A dagger.” Lady Dustin laughed. “Are all Freys such fools? Look at him. Hold a dagger? He hardly has the strength to hold a spoon. Do you truly think he could have overcome the Bastard’s disgusting creature and shoved his manhood down his throat?”

“These dead were all strong men,” said Roger Ryswell, “and none of them were stabbed. The turncloak’s not our killer.” Roose Bolton’s pale eyes were fixed on Theon, as sharp as Skinner’s flaying knife. “I am inclined to agree. Strength aside, he does not have it in him to betray my son.” Roger Ryswell grunted. “If not him, who? Stannis has some man inside the castle, that’s plain.” Reek is no man. Not Reek. Not me. He wondered if Lady Dustin had told them about the crypts, the missing swords.

OK, so it's unlikely Theon killed anyone, but it is true he can hold and use a dagger, since we see him do so while eating. But we also know that he does have it in him to betray Ramsay, seeing how he stole Farya. 

I don't know if the washer women could have done the murders either, no they're not as weak as Theon, but none of them are described as Brienne of Tarth either. 

26 minutes ago, KingMance said:

I don't know if the washer women could have done the murders either, no they're not as weak as Theon, but none of them are described as Brienne of Tarth either.

You may be interested in this thread:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/144723-that-trip-to-the-crypts/

45 minutes ago, KingMance said:

No need to be like Brienne to beat a man when being a woman : the spearwives are trained for fighting like men and we have Ygritte or Osha as example (Osha takes by force a spear from the hands of an Ironman - Stygg if I remember well - who's not supposed to be weak) ^^. 

1 hour ago, KingMance said:

“Four is enough.” Ser Aenys Frey fingered the wispy brown beard that sprouted from his weak chin like a rat’s tail. “Four on his right hand. He could still hold a sword. A dagger.” Lady Dustin laughed. “Are all Freys such fools? Look at him. Hold a dagger? He hardly has the strength to hold a spoon. Do you truly think he could have overcome the Bastard’s disgusting creature and shoved his manhood down his throat?”

“These dead were all strong men,” said Roger Ryswell, “and none of them were stabbed. The turncloak’s not our killer.” Roose Bolton’s pale eyes were fixed on Theon, as sharp as Skinner’s flaying knife. “I am inclined to agree. Strength aside, he does not have it in him to betray my son.” Roger Ryswell grunted. “If not him, who? Stannis has some man inside the castle, that’s plain.” Reek is no man. Not Reek. Not me. He wondered if Lady Dustin had told them about the crypts, the missing swords.

OK, so it's unlikely Theon killed anyone, but it is true he can hold and use a dagger, since we see him do so while eating. But we also know that he does have it in him to betray Ramsay, seeing how he stole Farya. 

A little girl was able to take down a guardsman in similar fashion at Harrenhal, and that was long before she became no one. 

56 minutes ago, GloubieBoulga said:

No need to be like Brienne to beat a man when being a woman : the spearwives are trained for fighting like men and we have Ygritte or Osha as example (Osha takes by force a spear from the hands of an Ironman - Stygg if I remember well - who's not supposed to be weak) ^^. 

18 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

A little girl was able to take down a guardsman in similar fashion at Harrenhal, and that was long before she became no one. 

Then, before the day was done, a crossbowman sworn to the Flints turned up in the stables with a broken skull. Kicked by a horse, Lord Ramsay declared. A club, more like, Theon decided.

And no sooner had the men finished digging out the dead men and butchering the horses than another corpse was found. This one could not be waved away as some drunken tumble or the kick of a horse. The dead man was one of Ramsay’s favorites, the squat, scrofulous, ill-favored man-at-arms called Yellow Dick. Whether his dick had actually been yellow was hard to determine, as someone had sliced it off and stuffed it into his mouth so forcefully they had broken three of his teeth.

------

I'm not saying it's impossible the spearwives killed them, it just seems improbable to me. I guess like Arya at Harrenhal, if you're caught completely off guard then sure, you can end up dead. But a broken skull and shattered teeth suggest pretty strong force. To be fair, it would be a lot easier to do these things once one has been killed. It's likely that's the case, but it gives no other description of how these men were killed. I guess the ol "hey let's have sex, whoops I meant I'm gonna stab you" trick comes into play here. 

50 minutes ago, KingMance said:

Then, before the day was done, a crossbowman sworn to the Flints turned up in the stables with a broken skull. Kicked by a horse, Lord Ramsay declared. A club, more like, Theon decided.

And no sooner had the men finished digging out the dead men and butchering the horses than another corpse was found. This one could not be waved away as some drunken tumble or the kick of a horse. The dead man was one of Ramsay’s favorites, the squat, scrofulous, ill-favored man-at-arms called Yellow Dick. Whether his dick had actually been yellow was hard to determine, as someone had sliced it off and stuffed it into his mouth so forcefully they had broken three of his teeth.

------

I'm not saying it's impossible the spearwives killed them, it just seems improbable to me. I guess like Arya at Harrenhal, if you're caught completely off guard then sure, you can end up dead. But a broken skull and shattered teeth suggest pretty strong force. To be fair, it would be a lot easier to do these things once one has been killed. It's likely that's the case, but it gives no other description of how these men were killed. I guess the ol "hey let's have sex, whoops I meant I'm gonna stab you" trick comes into play here. 

If a girl took a hammer to the back of my head while I was snoozing on guard duty, or getting satisfaction from her friend, I am pretty sure I would have a broken skull. 

The other dude's teeth could have been broken by the same hammer before the dude's junk was shoved into his mouth. 

43 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

If a girl took a hammer to the back of my head while I was snoozing on guard duty, or getting satisfaction from her friend, I am pretty sure I would have a broken skull. 

The other dude's teeth could have been broken by the same hammer before the dude's junk was shoved into his mouth. 

I'm not disagreeing, like I said the men would just need to be utterly off guard for this to work. The Flint fella seems like he was, but I feel like someone sworn to Ramsay would be a little less careless. Unless sex. 

My main takeaway from your post is you're male (confirmed after checking your profile). For some reason I've read your posts in my head with a female voice, and I have no justification for this.  :lol:

32 minutes ago, KingMance said:

I'm not disagreeing, like I said the men would just need to be utterly off guard for this to work. The Flint fella seems like he was, but I feel like someone sworn to Ramsay would be a little less careless. Unless sex. 

My main takeaway from your post is you're male (confirmed after checking your profile). For some reason I've read your posts in my head with a female voice, and I have no justification for this.  :lol:

That's funny. I'm surprisingly cool with that. 

25 minutes ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

Wasn't Yellow Dick killed by stealth ninja Mors Umber at-the-gates? So confused right now.

This one could not be waved away as some drunken tumble or the kick of a horse. The dead man was one of Ramsay’s favorites, the squat, scrofulous, ill-favored man-at-arms called Yellow Dick. Whether his dick had actually been yellow was hard to determine, as someone had sliced it off and stuffed it into his mouth so forcefully they had broken three of his teeth. When the cooks found him outside the kitchens, buried up to his neck in a snowdrift, both dick and man were blue from cold. “Burn the body,” Roose Bolton ordered, “and see that you do not speak of this. I’ll not have this tale spread.” (A Ghost in Winterfell)

“Words are wind.” They are no better than me. We’re just the same. “You killed the others, why not him? (speaking about Little Walder) Yellow Dick—”

“—stank as bad as you. A pig of a man.”

“And Little Walder was a piglet. Killing him brought the Freys and Manderlys to dagger points, that was cunning, you—”

“Not us.” Rowan grabbed him by the throat and shoved him back against the barracks wall, her face an inch from his. “Say it again and I will rip your lying tongue out, kinslayer.” (Theon I)

For me this is Rowan admitting that the spearwives committed the murders with the exception of Little Walder. 

On 2/21/2017 at 7:54 PM, Sea Dragon said:

I read somewhere else once that Harwin was sent by Lady Stoneheart to see if Arya at Winterfell was really the true Arya. I know the idea that Lady Stoneheart and the BwB have been scouting for Arya but that they are not sure if fArya is real or not and have heard of an Arya in Winterfell. Harwin knows Arya and is loyal to the Starks, so maybe it could be him and he is rightfully mad at Theon?

I'm not sure if the timeline allows for that. By the time word reaches LSH of fArya's existence in Winterfell, the scene with the hooded man would already be taking place. Not to mention the time it would then take Harwin to travel up the neck and through the north to WF. I could be wrong about the timeline though, just guessing.

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 2:44 PM, mattnj81 said:

I'm not sure if the timeline allows for that. By the time word reaches LSH of fArya's existence in Winterfell, the scene with the hooded man would already be taking place. Not to mention the time it would then take Harwin to travel up the neck and through the north to WF. I could be wrong about the timeline though, just guessing.

He could have got there a couple days after Wyman 

On 2/25/2017 at 7:40 PM, Daemon Blackfyre IV said:

He could have got there a couple days after Wyman 

But what I'm saying is, by the time LSH even finds out that "Arya" is in Winterfell, it would be weeks after she would have initially arrived - there is no Twitter in Westeros after all. Then she has to send one of her men from the Riverlands to Winterfell, a journey that might take a  couple weeks in a time of peace, who knows how long for an outlaw traveling in a time of war. I don't know the time frame between Arya's arrival and the hooded man scene, but unless it was several months there just doesn't seem to be enough time for it to be Harwin. Hallis Mollen, on the other hand, could have already been in the North for months before Arya shows up in Winterfell. See what I'm saying?

6 hours ago, mattnj81 said:

But what I'm saying is, by the time LSH even finds out that "Arya" is in Winterfell, it would be weeks after she would have initially arrived - there is no Twitter in Westeros after all.

Sure there is, only it's called ravens! :lol:

Then she has to send one of her men from the Riverlands to Winterfell, a journey that might take a  couple weeks in a time of peace, who knows how long for an outlaw traveling in a time of war. I don't know the time frame between Arya's arrival and the hooded man scene, but unless it was several months there just doesn't seem to be enough time for it to be Harwin. Hallis Mollen, on the other hand, could have already been in the North for months before Arya shows up in Winterfell. See what I'm saying?

I am not making any particular claims one way or another, but according to the most accurate timeline. All in the year 300:

5/3- Brienne knows the BwB are at the orphanage and looking for Arya.

5/5- Theon and Jeyne (and others) plan to march from Barrowtown to Winterfell.

5/8- The group actually sets out and goes to Winterfell.

5/17- Brienne meets LSH.

5/25- fArya wedding to Mr. Sensitive.

7/14-7/17- The Ghost in Winterfell chapter with the hooded man.

*I think the actual HM incident happens on 7/15. Please verify in the timeline linked below.

7/18- Theon and Jeyne jump.

7/22- Theon 1 TWOW chapter

8/2- Jon receives the pink letter:devil:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsY3lcDDtTdBWp1Gx6mfkdtZT6-Gk0kdTGeSC_Dj7WM/edit#gid=8

Archived