NFL 2016 Week 13: Bigger, Stronger, Faster to IR

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Hearkening back to the previous thread.

1. Nothing about Andrew Luck's beard is overrated.  EVERYONE (including Luck) knows it sucks.
2. Were I in charge of an NFL team, I'd spend half my draft picks on OL and DL.  If those units are dominant, the others will do reasonably well.  And you can let your RB go in Free Agency, and some other wahoo team will spend $$ on a guy who ran up stats when his OL was opening chasms Sebastian Janikowski could run through.

12 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Bad Stat for Tywin fans. Looks like you need some luck and a win over the turrifying Bolton Bitches in B to make the playoffs.

Lol. Yeah it's not going to happen. Mex is playing the team with the worst record and ME is playing the team that hasn't been touched since the draft. ME won't lose and Mex will likely win, so beating you is kind of irrelevant. 

Still, there's always the Pickem League.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

New Orleans is just awful. The only place I've ever been in America where I felt truly unsafe.

I've only felt that way in DC. Which is so incredibly bizarre to me, but also so incredibly indicative of the US as a whole, where massive poverty, inequity and crime are literally footsteps away from the most powerful people on the planet. I didn't even feel as unsafe in Brazil, at night, alone, looking at my guidebook in the open street. 

22 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Also, Mariota apparently isn't going to be a bust after all - named the AFC offensive player of the month and PFF kind of likes him.

Oh yeah, that guy graduated this year. Given the talent around him, I think he's managed to justify his draft position at the very least. Kind of looking like a Russel Wilson Jr at this point. 

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oh yeah, that guy graduated this year. Given the talent around him, I think he's managed to justify his draft position at the very least. Kind of looking like a Russel Wilson Jr at this point. 

It's so weird to look at this DVOA table and see Winston, Mariota and Prescott all there at the top 10. And Carr, and Cousins, for that matter. 

It also amuses me to see that Luck is just barely better than Siemian. Heh.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol. Yeah it's not going to happen. Mex is playing the team with the worst record and ME is playing the team that hasn't been touched since the draft. ME won't lose and Mex will likely win, so beating you is kind of irrelevant. 

Still, there's always the Pickem League.

I hope you come back for more next year. I can offer some advice, if I'm still an expert...

54 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It's so weird to look at this DVOA table and see Winston, Mariota and Prescott all there at the top 10. And Carr, and Cousins, for that matter. 

It also amuses me to see that Luck is just barely better than Siemian. Heh.

Yeah, I find the Top 10 QB DVOA list fascinating. Brees is the only thing normal on it. 

I'm equally entertained by the bottom 10. I presume Brock Osweiler didn't get $37m guaranteed to be the 33rd best QB in a 32 QB league. Almost as terrible is Joe Flacco. Forget elite, are we sure he's even average? Also let's wish Blake Bortles godspeed in his quest to reach -1,000 DYAR in a career. There's a lot of doubters out there but personally I think he can do it. 

9 hours ago, Altherion said:

Just when it was about to get interesting, Dallas gets away with a blatant face mask penalty to end the game. Bah.

Dallas also got away with holding Hunter and Griffen for the entire game. That was more egregious than the missed call at the end.

The team I saw last night will not get past Seattle and Atlanta. 

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dallas also got away with holding Hunter and Griffen for the entire game. That was more egregious than the missed call at the end.

Well, that was the sloppiest game the Cowboys have played all season. 10 penalties and 2 fumbles were I think season highs yet they found a way to win. I'm rather happy with the win...they were due for a stinker of a game yet found a way to win. You are right that the team that played last night won't beat Seattle of Atlanta (or New York or Washington for that matter) but again I think that they were due a bad game and they still won in a tough place. This team has also won in Washington, Green Bay, and Pittsburgh this year. 

11 hours ago, Altherion said:

Just when it was about to get interesting, Dallas gets away with a blatant face mask penalty to end the game. Bah.

And everyone will get away with that particular penalty unless they change the number of officials on the field or allow video replay of penalties (which I think is a horrible idea). The guys that are supposed to look in the backfield were simply in the wrong angle, or were blocked by the hand that made the legal shoulder pad hit. The guys that potentially were in the right angle to see it are supposed to be focusing on receivers. It's a blown call, but that's an easy one to point to how it happened (unlike the Seattle Atlanta no PI). 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dallas has learned from Seattle.  If you normalize a certain amount of holding/PI, the refs don't call flags on it because they don't want to flag every play. Personally, I like that style of play rather than being penalized for breathing on a WR. It's gaming the human element of the refs. Every team can get away with what Seattle (normally, not the extreme like the Falcons game) and Dallas do by having their corners play differently. They just have to do it consistently.  

Archived