NFL 2016 Week 13: Bigger, Stronger, Faster to IR

Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Blake Bortles has more career pick-sixes (11) than he has wins (10).

That's one of the most amazing stats I've ever seen. 

I don't know how the Jags manage to have such consistently horrible quarterback play.  I guess the Quarterbacking Gods have been angry since they screwed over David Garrard. 

I mean, who could have thought they could find a quarterback worse than Blaine Gabbert?

53 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sometimes you just gotta stick with what you do best...

But yeah, that has to be one of the more mind blowing out there.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Saw this story yesterday, just one of those statistical things that you wouldn't think was possible! Especially for a guy with a couple years as a starter.

29 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

Kaepernick have more sacks (5) yesterday then passing yards(4).

Now this one is even more boggling seeing as he is a very mobile QB. Funny thing is he got pulled, and his back up fared just as bad.  Gabbert was 4-10 for 35 yards.

I couldn't imagine watching that game as a 49'ers fan.

Incredible. I need some Ringer writer to do a deep dive into all the amazing Blake Bortles stats. Questions I have:

• What's his first quarter QB rating? My guess: 9.6. 
    • Has Jacksonville ever had a lead at halftime? My guess: No. 
  • What's his 4th quarter QB rating when trailing by multiple scores? My guess: 130+ 
    • How many times has he actually completed the comeback? My guess: 10% of the time. 
  • Explain to me why he's listed as 24 years old everywhere, but looks 49?

Blake Bortles: Not the QB Jacksonville needs but the one they deserve.

14 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Incredible. I need some Ringer writer to do a deep dive into all the amazing Blake Bortles stats. Questions I have:

• What's his 4th quarter QB rating when trailing by multiple scores? My guess: 130+ 
    • How many times has he actually completed the comeback? My guess: 10% of the time. 

The Bortles stat that I want, no, that I need, is what is his TD-Int ratio without all the Bortles Time TDs?

48 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Bortles stat that I want, no, that I need, is what is his TD-Int ratio without all the Bortles Time TDs?

And...what the hell happened last year?!  Seemed like that could have been something to "build" on...but it turns out to have just been some sort of fluke.  Maybe it was all Allen Robinson:dunno: 

35 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

And...what the hell happened last year?!  Seemed like that could have been something to "build" on...but it turns out to have just been some sort of fluke.  Maybe it was all Allen Robinson:dunno: 

2015 was the macrocosm of every single Bortles start - look just good enough to get everyone's hopes up while never actually winning. 

3:50

4 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

2015 was the macrocosm of every single Bortles start - look just good enough to get everyone's hopes up while never actually winning. 

Very true.  I liken it to each entire game being "Bortles Time" last season because, after all, they weren't expected to do anything then.  This year, they were, and...nope!  I have to admit, though, that I was buyin' the hype a bit coming into the season.  I thought they could maybe build on last year.  I mean, it's the AFC South!  Somebody's gotta take it, right?!  I got "Bortled":(

The AFC South was so bad that me and my friends were just alternating on which team would "show up" this year.  And by show up, we of course mean go 5-1 in the division on the way to a 9-7 finish and first round playoff loss.  I'll admit the Jags looked as good a candidate as anybody.

Man, just looking at the standings and the Playoff Picture 13 weeks in couldn't be less clear. Crazy close races in the AFC North and South and the West is still up for grabs. Little more separation in the NFC, but the South is tied up at the top, and the North is still somewhat close.

Any predictions as to what the Wildcard round might look like at this point?

18 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The AFC South was so bad that me and my friends were just alternating on which team would "show up" this year.  And by show up, we of course mean go 5-1 in the division on the way to a 9-7 finish and first round playoff loss.  I'll admit the Jags looked as good a candidate as anybody.

This is about what I was thinking, Maith.  I didn't think the Jags were gonna suddenly take the NFL by storm or anything but I did think they were trending upward in their extremely weak division.  Turns out I was looking at the chart upside down:D

4 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I fucking love it. I endured 6 months of HERE COME THE JAGUARS!!! And nobody listened to me.

Sorry, is Andrew Luck better than Russell Wilson? I'll take the answer off the air. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

No need, I think Andrew Luck is better. He's bigger, faster, and stronger to IR.

In all seriousness, have we gotten to the point where we can judge that Wilson is better than Luck? I think they're in year 5 now, and so far I think it's pretty clear which of the two one would rather have. You can argue perhaps that Luck when healthy is better, but he's not been healthy nearly as often. 

Just now, Kalbear said:

In all seriousness, have we gotten to the point where we can judge that Wilson is better than Luck? I think they're in year 5 now, and so far I think it's pretty clear which of the two one would rather have. You can argue perhaps that Luck when healthy is better, but he's not been healthy nearly as often. 

If I get to take either team/coaching staff, it's the Seahawks all day every day. I am still wary of anointing Wilson without having seen Luck playing in what I think is a competent offense.

I know you think it doesn't matter, but I really believe the Colts defense puts Luck at an unreasonable handicap. If a play isn't there, Wilson can just toss the ball away or run for 2 yards and try next time. I can tell you as just a fan of the Colts that every snap of the football on offense is a precious gift, I (and even my dad who was such an old school coach he thought the forward pass was a trick play) get irrationally angry every time they hand the ball off to Frank Gore.

We both love Gore, and like seeing good running games, and of course know that they need to try and establish the run. But damn if it doesn't feel like a wasted play! Every time Gore gets more than 10 yards it's called back on a hold and now we're looking at an even harder possession. I approach every possession hoping that Luck and/or T.Y. Hilton can manage to overcome the inevitable mistake. There is going to be a hold. Or a sack. Or a horrific drop. Or 2 false starts in a row. It's going to happen, I am not exaggerating. Luck has to overcome that on every possession with the knowledge that he might watch the opposing team go down the field one five yard defensive holding penalty at a time. It's indescribably frustrating as a fan, I can't imagine what it's like as a player.

Wilson's O-line is just as shitty and sometimes worse, but he has other things going for him. A generally good running game, physical receivers, an all time great defense. It lets him play safer, which lets him avoid some of the catastrophic mistakes you see from Luck.

So basically, I think they're relatively equal talents at this point with different strengths. You will not see me say Luck is better right now, but I am unwilling to concede that he is worse when you consider factors around the two players.

Archived