NFL 2016 Week 13: Bigger, Stronger, Faster to IR

Mr. Chatywin et al.

So there's four games in London next year, and the NFL is sending over some heavy hitters as the Jags, Rams, Browns and Dolphins gave up a home game for a trip to London. Funny how they keep sending the dregs of the league and they still fill up the stadium every time.

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

Saw a stat just now:  Bill Belichick could go 0-16 for six straight years and still have a higher career winning percentage than Jeff Fisher.

:lol:

Awesome.

I am becoming more bullish on Goff being a bust.  True, their whole offense was shit all year, but he rarely if ever looks like he can threaten an NFL defense in any way.  Goff's best plays are run-of-the-mill NFL throws at best.  

2 hours ago, Triskan said:

Awesome.

I am becoming more bullish on Goff being a bust.  True, their whole offense was shit all year, but he rarely if ever looks like he can threaten an NFL defense in any way.  Goff's best plays are run-of-the-mill NFL throws at best.  

I think it's hard to judge the guy.  He's in an offense filled with Jags with the embodiment of ineptitude as a coach. 

9 hours ago, Triskan said:

Awesome.

I tend to agree with you. Hard knocks showed him in daily practice and it was bad. I mean the coaches could tell he was bad. He may need two more years of QB coaching before he is actually a serviceable NFL starting QB. I say that and he will end up lighting up Seattle this week!

I am still trying to figure out what the Broncos have at QB.  Looking at recent scores things are looking very grim.  At best I would say, on the surface, Siemian is this year's Bortles AKA king of junk time stats.  But I have actually been strangely impressed with him when watching the actual game.  The O-line is horrible yet the man never shows fear under pressure; I have seen him stand in the pocket knowing a hit was coming.  He also is not very turnover prone yet hits some impressive deep balls. He is clearly better than Lynch at this point and I expect him to be next years' starter as well baring something strange.

Fact is I am apt to blame the offensive troubles on play calling and the o-line and I think this goes hand in hand.  I know Kubs wants to run but it just...ain't...happening.  And because of that in the first half Denver is fairly regularly seeing second and nine, third and nine, safe pass punt.  I would love to see the playbook opened in the first half.  In fact I would love to see Denver come out against NE in shotgun running some basic version of the Manning offense.  Sanders deep, DT on a waggle, Durby chipping and running free.  I truly think Siemian can handle it and it simply MUST be better than one two three punt.

This Defense is still the best in the league.  I know the stats don't show it but they just don't get a chance to rest before the offense puts them back on the field.  The problem is Denver is never ahead anymore which doesn't let the strength of the defense (pass rush and secondary) shine.

Come on Kubs, go for broke.  Let the kid play.  Playoffs are already an iffy proposition as best at this point, get there by trying rather than sitting back and hoping.

Just heard a promo in ESPN Radio that made me realize how little I've been paying attention to the NFL this season:

"Tied for the second best record in the NFC, the Giants and Lions face off..."

:stunned: 

I knew the Lions were up there, but I honestly had no idea the Giants were doing that well. :blushing: 

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

Just heard a promo in ESPN Radio that made me realize how little I've been paying attention to the NFL this season:

"Tied for the second best record in the NFC, the Giants and Lions face off..."

:stunned: 

I knew the Lions were up there, but I honestly had no idea the Giants were doing that well. :blushing: 

Despite their defense playing awesome, the Giants have greatly benefited from an easy schedule. Their offense has been brutal to watch but I'll take 9-4 any day of the week.

I saw Brandon Flowers was placed on IR on the ESPN bottom line and initially got a tinge of excitement because I thought it was Ereck Flowers. A horrible thing to say but dude is one of the worst tackles I've ever seen and might get Eli seriousy killed soon.

My take on Dak Prescott is that even when he's been good, he's been Trent Dilfer/Alex Smith good.  Dallas has been winning with defense, Elliott (a true star and the true MVP IMO) and a dink and dunk offense.

Prescott seems to have none of the skills necessary to take advantage of Dez Bryant's downfield talent.

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

My take on Dak Prescott is that even when he's been good, he's been Trent Dilfer/Alex Smith good.  Dallas has been winning with defense, Elliott (a true star and the true MVP IMO) and a dink and dunk offense.

Prescott seems to have none of the skills necessary to take advantage of Dez Bryant's downfield talent.

While I agree that Prescott isn't quite as good as people having been touting him to be (although I think he's doing just fine for a first year rookie), Dez had a pretty awful performance in their only loss in the last twelve games. 

I think there are plenty of reasons the Cowboys are having the success they've been having that don't have to do with superior skill, although I do think they've been doing well, but yeah, I don't think they're gonna go far in the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Pats Bail Micheal Floyd Out of Drunk Tank, Brew Him a Pot of Coffee

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/patriots-claim-floyd-1-day-cardinals-release-him-220803615--nfl.html

Gotta wonder if his mandatory two game suspension may somehow sneak into this season/playoffs instead of next yearnow because the Pats took him. Could we get another glimpse of the pettiness and black soul of Goodell?

And I swear I've had like four seizures from these hideous lime green Seahawks uniforms.

The problem I see with Prescott is more serious than "he's a rookie".

He's got a noodle arm.  Even when the game "slows down" for him, he still won't have the tools to be a top tier QB.  Middle of the pack is probably his ceiling.  Of course, middle of the pack means that about half the other teams are doing worse, and teams have won with MOTP QBs, but I think if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be prepping myself for the reality that his limitations will only become more evident.

6 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

The problem I see with Prescott is more serious than "he's a rookie".

He's got a noodle arm.  Even when the game "slows down" for him, he still won't have the tools to be a top tier QB.  Middle of the pack is probably his ceiling.  Of course, middle of the pack means that about half the other teams are doing worse, and teams have won with MOTP QBs, but I think if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be prepping myself for the reality that his limitations will only become more evident.

A preference for the short pass does not make one noodle armed.  Prescott doesn't have a Jamarcus Russel cannon (few do), but he has plenty of arm strength to make all the NFL throws.  If there is a problem besides playing a couple great defenses, I think it's mental.  He's afraid to take risks IMO, which works great when you can just steamroll over the other team.  But in games where the passing game has to provide the spark, there is such a thing as too risk adverse. 

Archived