NFL 2016 Week 13: Bigger, Stronger, Faster to IR

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

Well, that was the sloppiest game the Cowboys have played all season. 10 penalties and 2 fumbles were I think season highs yet they found a way to win. I'm rather happy with the win...they were due for a stinker of a game yet found a way to win. You are right that the team that played last night won't beat Seattle of Atlanta (or New York or Washington for that matter) but again I think that they were due a bad game and they still won in a tough place. This team has also won in Washington, Green Bay, and Pittsburgh this year. 

Fair points, but last night highlighted why you guys would be better off with Romo. The Vikings shut down the running game and dared Dak to beat them and he couldn't do anything. 

19 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Dallas has learned from Seattle.  If you normalize a certain amount of holding/PI, the refs don't call flags on it because they don't want to flag every play. Personally, I like that style of play rather than being penalized for breathing on a WR. It's gaming the human element of the refs. Every team can get away with what Seattle (normally, not the extreme like the Falcons game) and Dallas do by having their corners play differently. They just have to do it consistently.  

Yeah, I'm not down with that. There were a half dozen plays or so where Dak would have gotten sacked if the lineman didn't hold and they never got flagged for it. 

Or to put it a different way, what you're describing is what Trump is about to do to this country.....

13 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I hope you come back for more next year. I can offer some advice, if I'm still an expert...

I'll be back, but I question how wise it will be to post anything on the interwebs once we enter Trumpland.......

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

The guy who shot Joe McKnight was released from custody without charges. The police refused to comment why. Very strange.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/new-details-emerge-in-joe-mcknight-shooting-and-release-of-shooter-204454157.html

Seems like the sheriff isn't in agreement with what's been reported by the media in NO and what he's been privy to so far in their investigation, which is why he was released.

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, I'm not down with that. There were a half dozen plays or so where Dak would have gotten sacked if the lineman didn't hold and they never got flagged for it. ..

Not sure why we're going to the O-line now, but if you watch any game, any team gets away with holding all the time.  Hell, even blatant holding. Go watch the Tyree catch.  Couple blatant holdings on the O-line allow Eli to get the ball off.  That's why it's surprising when something like Free's hold last night is called.  That isn't called 98% of the time, but it takes away a big Dallas play. Hell, I love to point to this anytime someone complains about holding not being called. If I remember right, that's a future first round pick against a freshman defensive end. It's college, but this is far from an uncommon occurrence with that particular player (the defender), let alone football in general. 

The refs missed calls both ways.  The Cowboys got the call at the end of the game (on something I am absolutely positive would have been called had the official responsible for it been able to see it), but they missed other calls throughout the night.

I guess your view on the game last night varies depending on fandom or not being biased. To me that was the worst game Dallas played all year and yet still won. They played a really good defense in the road and a team that was desperate and came away with a win. I expected a loss so this a bonus IMO.

42 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Rams just gave Jeff Fisher a 2 year contract extension.

The Anti-Christ continues to fool all...it's only a matter of time before the end of days and the Rams season is a good indication it is already underway.

3 hours ago, Mexal said:

Rams just gave Jeff Fisher a 2 year contract extension.

I mean I get this. Sure Jeff Fisher never made the playoffs for the entire Obama presidency but we have no idea what he's capable of with Trump in office. 

18 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

Gronkowski on IR. No biggie. Patriots will just find another way to win. Like a healthy dose of Lagarette Blount.

I actually think Marty Bennette has been a top-5 TE this year. Marginalized by Gronk.

15 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I mean I get this. Sure Jeff Fisher never made the playoffs for the entire Obama presidency but we have no idea what he's capable of with Trump in office. 

Nobama is some 7-9 bullshit!!!

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

I actually think Marty Bennette has been a top-5 TE this year. Marginalized by Gronk.

Yeah, The media is acting like its a big blow to the Patriots. The forget that the Patriots went 3-1 without Brady and an ineffedtive Gronk. I'm not worried about it.

I've settled on the Green Bay-Texans game for the following reasons:

1) It's snowing!

2) Fuck the Texans, I'd love to see them lose.

3) Fuck the Packers, I'd love to see them lose.

4) Fuck both of these teams, I'd love to see them lose.

And literally every pass I've seen from Brockstar has either been tipped away or should have been.

Archived