NFL 2016 Week 13: Bigger, Stronger, Faster to IR

Mr. Chatywin et al.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Is this what it feels like to be a Browns fan?

:crying: 

Did you just punch yourself in the nuts after finding out that you've lost about $84 million and that your wife has actually been your long-lost sister all this time?

If not, then no

43 minutes ago, Altherion said:

This was both amusing and a concise summary of that game via interpretive dance. It's weird because LA looked OK in the first months or so (they beat the Seahawks and the Cardinals).

They lost to the Niners.  And we all know if you lose to San Francisco, they kick you out of the league and let the Chargers move into your town.

14 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Apparently now the Titans are tied for first place in the AFC South? @Pony Queen Jace, explain

An illusion. They have a game left against the Texans (6-6), and have been swept by the Colts (5-6 @ Jets tomorrow) while sitting at 6-6 with their bye this week. They also play the Broncos and Chiefs in the coming weeks before wrapping up vs the Texans in what may decide the division. Really, they're a .5 game back of the Texans and will be a full game back of the Colts should Lucky not melt down in NY tomorrow. At the end of tomorrow there should be a 3-way tie 'atop' the AFC South dumpster fire, but the Titans will own the most precarious section of melting lid.

If your question is how they are managing to be so competitive, I do believe the team is making great strides. The running game is good, a result of the 3rd best O-Line in the league, Mariotta is very exciting when not hamstrung by lackluster playcalling and WR's, and the defense kind of sucks but gets good pressure.

The Texans are just horrible, the defense is possibly better than last year's version to my eye and infinitely more bearable without the constant sexual groans from commentators about J.J. Watt, but Osweiler is legitimately terrible (as someone you might know kept saying) and is in fact holding a vastly improved offense back from reaching the heights of last season's combative quartet of passers. Seriously, he's the worst quarterback in football in literally every measure. YPA, Football Outsiders, all of 'em have him as worst. He's worse than Bortles, as that due at least has a time zone named after him.

The Colts, eh, it's your standard fare. Grigson put together a shit roster, Pagano is an altogether uninspiring coach (though I will contest calling him a detriment), the O-line is horrid. Frank Gore is old and slow. The defense is worse than ever, Vontae Davis is now the only player of any note and even his play has fallen off a cliff. The WR's keep getting hurt, but T.Y. Hilton and Moncrief are legit 1 and 2 options if they can stay on the field. Phillip Dorsett cannot catch a pass on the rare occasion he runs his route well enough to be in the vague direction of where a ball might be thrown (who know a guy who caught like 30 passes in his college career might not be worthy of a 1st round grade?), Dwayne Allen is legit horrible when he's not hurt, Pat MacaFee and Vinny are still good but the return game is traditionally garbage. Andrew is playing much better than last year, but I hate the offense still. He takes five step drops out of shotgun on 4th and 2 and then we get a shot of Chudzinski looking surprised when he gets sacked before T.Y. can fart. The routes make no sense and I never see anyone genuinely open with a yard of space like Brady, Breesus, Rodgers, Rapeburger, or Ryan's receivers. It's almost impossible for them to connect on the stupid deep outs and 25 yard ins when the O-line thinks the only way to block is to 'grab 'em by the pussy'. I know it's not a talent issue, T.Y. and Moncrief are legit receivers, but the playbook is bland and the routes nonsensical. I really long for the likes of a McDaniels or Shannahan to put functional plays in place.

13 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The Raiders continue to impress. They're taking over the 4th quarter here against the Bills. Leading 38-24 with about 8 minutes to go.

It's the reason I've been tearing up the B League this year.

With the Redskins loss, the Cowboys just clinched a playoff spot. A win next week vs Giants, Cowboys win division and can clinch homefield advantage with a little help. What a difference a year can make. 

4 minutes ago, sperry said:

Wait, so Ron Rivera benched Cam Newton the initial series to send a message, and Derek "The Franchise" Anderson threw a pick on the first play? This just isn't the Panthers year...

To be fair, it was entirely Mike Tolbert's fault for batting the (subpar) pass into the air on a simple flat route. Maybe they could have run the ball to open the game though?

To be fair to the Moose from Scapoose, that "drop" was a perfect volley-ball set to the defender.  Terrible.  

Ted Ginn will run by you.  

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

From the Department of Surreal, the Lions are actually tied for the 2nd best record in the NFC.

The Lions will receive a second bye over my goddamn corpse, they're a half game back of the Seahawks.

I have to admit I expected the Lions to show up against New Orleans yesterday and it didn't happen. Instead a different team wearing Lion uniforms played a pretty decent game. This was a game the Lions normally lose by 20 and instead they looked good, strange to see that.

Dallas sitting pretty right now, every NFC East team that played lost yesterday. I was worried about the Giants game Sunday night but after watching them play the Steelers I am less worried. They had reeled off six straight wins and were looking pretty good, except none of those teams were fearsome.

Last year Dallas lost a lot of close games, 8 of them by td or less, with a mannequin at QB and the ghost of Run DMC at RB. I remember thinking how different that year could have been, how frustrating it was to know they were competitive and yet losing so much. This year shows what they could have been last year IMO.

And BTW, f* Todd Gurley!!! I stopped playing fantasy 5 years ago and decided to play here this year, I get him as my first overall pick and he has absolutely tanked. Two td's in the last 9 weeks! Heck only four total.

Archived