NFL 2016 Week 13: Bigger, Stronger, Faster to IR

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Looks like it's a dead heat between the Chefs and the Raiders for the AFC West. The Chefs have the Titans and Donkeys at home, then the Lightning Bolts on the road to finish. The Raiders get the Lightning Bolts on the road, then the Colts at home, then the Donkeys on the road. Seems like KC has a bit of a leg up there.

/Oh yeah, and KC holds the tiebreaker as they've beaten the Raiders twice.

20 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Looks like it's a dead heat between the Chefs and the Raiders for the AFC West. The Chefs have the Titans and Donkeys at home, then the Lightning Bolts on the road to finish. The Raiders get the Lightning Bolts on the road, then the Colts at home, then the Donkeys on the road. Seems like KC has a bit of a leg up there.

/Oh yeah, and KC holds the tiebreaker as they've beaten the Raiders twice.

Despite the QB situation the donkeys still control their destiny as they have games with both the Chiefs and Raiders.  

Of course they also have the toughest remaining schedule with those two games and NE so I'm just desperately hoping for a wildcard spot.  But they do still have a major bit of control over the final playoff picture.

21 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

Despite the QB situation the donkeys still control their destiny as they have games with both the Chiefs and Raiders.  

Of course they also have the toughest remaining schedule with those two games and NE so I'm just desperately hoping for a wildcard spot.  But they do still have a major bit of control over the final playoff picture.

Good point. I spose you can't write the Donks off yet. We could very well see half of the AFC playoff picture populated by the AFC West. That would be pretty cool.

6 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

I'm not sure that Denver controls their destiny, at least with respect to winning the division.  The Chiefs have already beaten the Broncos, so at best the Broncos can tie their head to head meetings, which is the first tiebreaker.  However, the Chiefs are 4-0 in division play, which is the second tiebreaker, while the Broncos are 1-3.  If the Broncos win the rest of their games, and the Chiefs lose to the Broncos but win all the rest of their games, the Chiefs win the division.

Denver can still win the division, but they'll need help.  They can guarantee themselves at least a wildcard spot though if they win out. 

2 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Melvin Gorodn just got carted off with a left leg injury. It did not look good. The leg was rolled up on when he was down on an awkward angle.

Yeah, just saw that, it was bent very badly.  Hopefully he has a full recovery.

I'm surprised to hear blockhead ben is about to move in to top ten in passing yards all time. In his early career he always had a good run game and o-line to depend on and never had big passing stats. He didn't get his first 4k yards season till his 6th year, and has only 4 4k passing seasons in his career. Only 34 years old, as well. Didn't think he'd be even close to that.

He's doing a good job throwing the ball to Lev Bell and the other team this afternoon. Keep it up, Bozo.

OK Kalbear. I admit it. Luck is mediocre, but the team is absolute garbage. Luck is now doing nothing but forcing the ball to a triple teamed TY Hilton and I can't blame him. Moncrief has 2 drops and Dorsette has at least 5. A few plays ago Luck threw what should have been a pick to Hilton while Dorsette ran completely uncovered on a drag. And I would have done the same thing, fuck that kid he's horrible and should not be targeted again.

10 minutes ago, Trebla said:

That really sucks for Miami. HC Adam Gase has been getting a lot out of Tannehhill. They at least have a serviceable backup with Matt Moore. 

And now all of the sudden Matt Moore (who has actually been respectable in his action in his career) finds himself at the helm of an 8-5 team down the stretch.

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

OK Kalbear. I admit it. Luck is mediocre, but the team is absolute garbage. Luck is now doing nothing but forcing the ball to a triple teamed TY Hilton and I can't blame him. Moncrief has 2 drops and Dorsette has at least 5. A few plays ago Luck threw what should have been a pick to Hilton while Dorsette ran completely uncovered on a drag. And I would have done the same thing, fuck that kid he's horrible and should not be targeted again.

I think you somehow jinxed Russell Wilson. :P

eta: And I posted this BEFORE he threw his 4th pick!

2 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Christ I wish Tomlin would quit being an ass and take Bell out of the game before he gets hurt.

Damn Bell had a monster game today. I also like how well Burns and Davis are playing in the secondary, three rookies contributing (counting Hargrave) on defense for the Steelers is kinda strange to see but the days of sitting/learning under LeBeau are gone.

Also, this has started to get a kind of 2005 season feel to it with the good start, then a losing streak, then starting to heat up and win down the stretch. Let's see if they can stay healthy and keep winning though.

16 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I think you somehow jinxed Russell Wilson. :P

eta: And I posted this BEFORE he threw his 4th pick!

Two of the picks aren't really his fault, but he does look like absolute garbage today. Just showed his passer rating is 24.9. That looks like a jinx could be in effect...

Archived