Fictional Books that can or have happened

shifter

I was reading a thread about books that scared people and The Stand was mentioned a few times.This is in my opinion King`s scariest work because the plague section of the story is very possible.If the wrong people got ahold of some of the weapons we developed and were suicidal or careless,well...And of course Tom Clancy had written a novel where terrorists used a jet as a weapon.Those are the two that strike me the most of storylines that can and have been foreshadowed by writers.Thoughts on other possibilities?I suppose natural disasters should be included,even alien invasion if you like.

Right,I`m talking about books that came out before events and ones that might happen.The Stand in particular worries me as a very possible event.The super flu part,that is.Everyone who has been to Chemical,biological,and nuclear training in the military can see how some group trying to develop bio weapons could create a nightmare.This is just a subject for speculating on books that plausibly can actually occur,good outcomes are also possible,such as space exploration,etc.Sci-fi has accurately predicted many advances and I`m sure a lot more to come.

It seems every year something awful happens in the news and some movies get delayed/reworked because of it. (Usually comedies, too, which makes you wonder).

Pretty sure there was a book/movie that predicted the Challenger disaster to an eerily accurate point but I can't seem to remember what it was.

The ending of one Spiderman movie was changed because it had him capering around the (by then recently deceased) WTC towers. Except for a few classic SciFi candidates I cannot think of good predictions, certainly not any as eerie as Titan/Titanic but there probably were a few more.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:59 PM, shifter said:

Yes,Doyle was on top of that.Jules Verne with 20,000 leagues under the sea foretold the submarine.Lots of stuff on paper that preceded actual events.

Submarines had already been built by the time 20,000 Leagues came out. The American Civil War involved the first US Naval Sub, Alligator and submarines themselves had been designed and tested almost three hundred years before that.

Archived