The Golden Company

Black Dragons

13 hours ago, Sophia [email protected] said:

Question Why did Malaquo Maegyr cut off the Golden Company three miles south of Volon Therys with his men of Five Thousand Foot and One Thousand Horses. Why would he care? if they travel on the Rhoyne Delta Road?

Nobody likes an army outside your city. The Volantine do not know the intentions of the Golden Company, they might think that someone else hired them to attack Volantis. Remember, they have Dothraki in the eastern bank of the Rhoyne, they are about to send a huge force against Dany and they have an insurrection looming within the city. The last they need is another army at the other side of the city.

I have half a mind that Volantis will fall even before Dany reaches it.

• 5 months later...
On 12/5/2016 at 5:06 AM, rotting sea cow said:

Nobody likes an army outside your city. The Volantine do not know the intentions of the Golden Company, they might think that someone else hired them to attack Volantis. Remember, they have Dothraki in the eastern bank of the Rhoyne, they are about to send a huge force against Dany and they have an insurrection looming within the city. The last they need is another army at the other side of the city.

I have half a mind that Volantis will fall even before Dany reaches it.

I gotta agree, with this, mainly because no one knew who the Golden Company was fighting for and now everyone thought that the Golden Company had broken its contract for the first time (I don't recall if they did or did not break their contract.

Archived