HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

.H.

41 minutes ago, Fez said:

I don't get what the point of that would be though. The photo isn't a stock photo in the show, so what would be the point of creating a fake stock photo photographer to supply the photo?

Seems like just a coincidence to me, and not even a particularly massive one. Stock photo photographers make their living on volume, not quality, and this guy probably has a huge number of photo that look vaguely like imagery from any number of shows.

Could it not be possible that they did check out his portfolio and get inspiration from that? Same with the Weber name. They could have used that to generate the Arnold and Bernard names? So not complete co-incidence but not entirely fabricated either.

Hopefully he was paid upfront or I'm sure he'll be contacting some copyright lawyers to see if he's owed some money.

17 minutes ago, red snow said:

Could it not be possible that they did check out his portfolio and get inspiration from that? Same with the Weber name. They could have used that to generate the Arnold and Bernard names? So not complete co-incidence but not entirely fabricated either.

Hopefully he was paid upfront or I'm sure he'll be contacting some copyright lawyers to see if he's owed some money.

Anything is possible, but I really doubt it. In a usual production, it would be some PA tasked with finding a stock photo, Nolan and Joy never would've been involved except at the end to look at the photo say "yeah, that looks good." It might not have even been them, it could've just been the director of whichever episode shot first that had the photo.

I think Maeve definitely gained true consciousness. I mean, we don't know for certain, but I am almost sure of it, that by choosing to go to the park and not escape, and instead look for her 'daughter' she is making a genuine decision overriding her programming. 

I'm really looking forward to season 2.

I think Teddy is going to g up against Dolores and the anti-human hosts. He finally truly realised he was a plot device and I would LOVE to see him gain more control over his choices in the coming season. 

Ford, we will see again as a host, i'm sure, but Human Ford is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD. 

Man in Black is going to be playing a prominent role again, he'll be coming in contact with Maeve, i'm sure of it. She's going back into the world, and he and the other humans are basically trapped for now. 

I also look forward to seeing what roles Elsie and Stubbs are going to have next season, because they ain't dead till we see a damn body.

The last 10 minutes were fantastic.  If the show ended I would of been satisfied with the main plot and themes.

So Dolores had to kill her creators.  Arnold in the used her to escape his pains and why she did not break the loop.  Ford knowingly allow infliction of great pain and trauma over decades that she chooses to kill him and is now out of his loop.

William/MIB was not the character  many were expected.  He was not really ever this good and well meaning individual who got corrupted.  He was the shattered illusion of a program loop that Dolores needed to break.

I was happy how anti-climactic the maze for William was told several times the maze was not for him.

I am curious that how great William is to the general world.  Since he should be the Devil in Flesh in Westworld did he cure cancer, end world hungry and poverty, or other wonderful achievement that should bring Universal praise and admiration.

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Also...the host from Ghost Nation who shot the Man in Black is Clementine, I'm sure of it. Awesome to see her back. The scene when she fights back was fantastic. 

I've seen to many reports that it was her...but im.curious about how she got there.  Maeve left her in the room where Bernard had been, she didn't go back to the cold storage with the others...

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Not only that, but Clementine was lobotomized....

So did Ford build back doors into the Host programs that would reawaken them, even if lobotomized?

That's what I assumed... since all the hosts he used from cold storage in the climax were supposedly lobotomized as well.

39 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I've seen to many reports that it was her...but im.curious about how she got there.  Maeve left her in the room where Bernard had been, she didn't go back to the cold storage with the others...

Ford enabled all the host's to wakeup from sleep mode. they were all from that same room...Sizemore sees it is completely empty -all of those hosts joined the ghost nationed

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I think Maeve definitely gained true consciousness. I mean, we don't know for certain, but I am almost sure of it, that by choosing to go to the park and not escape, and instead look for her 'daughter' she is making a genuine decision overriding her programming. 

By the same logic, you can say she was programmed to long for her daughter and to not leave her. Remember when Arnold was reading the program he read all the way to the train and was hesitating when she stopped him. I saw that as him seeing that she would never escape, that she would come back. Just my take on it.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

By the same logic, you can say she was programmed to long for her daughter and to not leave her. Remember when Arnold was reading the program he read all the way to the train and was hesitating when she stopped him. I saw that as him seeing that she would never escape, that she would come back. Just my take on it.

Um...Arnold is dead.

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Why are you bringing logic into it lmao I already said "we don't know for certaain" because all we know is she gets to the train we don't know what she's programmed to do after but what we do know is the last command we know od hers was escape. I mean of course she could have been programmed ...and the show I very open ended and let's us decide and I'm decidin to believe she made the choice herself 

5 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Um...Arnold is dead.

Arnold/Bernard, what ever!

3 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Why are you bringing logic into it lmao I already said "we don't know for certaain" because all we know is she gets to the train we don't know what she's programmed to do after but what we do know is the last command we know od hers was escape. I mean of course she could have been programmed ...and the show I very open ended and let's us decide and I'm decidin to believe she made the choice herself 

We know that everything leading up to that point was programming and not her choice, even though she thought it was, so why should we believe that she ever had a choice when we were just shown that she hasn't? But yes, logic shouldn't dictate anything!

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

Arnold/Bernard, what ever!

We know that everything leading up to that point was programming and not her choice, even though she thought it was, so why should we believe that she ever had a choice when we were just shown that she hasn't? But yes, logic shouldn't dictate anything!

What are you going on about logic for as if I'm being totally illogical??

It's TV. It was a poignant choice to make her, a previously controlled robot, gain true consciousness. 

Lol...like...poignant moments happen a lot in TV you know 

Archived