HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

.H.

On 30/03/2018 at 0:40 AM, WarGalley said:

Yeah the orchestral notes hook me. Loved Paint it Black in the S1 pilot.

Jurassic World no doubt.

Paint it Black was great, Exit Music for a Film was my favourite though.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:57 PM, The Monkey said:

Good trailer! 

Anthony Hopkins was the MVP of the first season, are there any rumours about that he'll show up for season two (as a host or something)?

Thinking about it a bit, that trailer shows young William, Logan, and an actor who is apparently playing Logan's father the head of Delos. So it looks like they intend to show us how William rose to power in the company and convinced them to invest heavily in the park. (Maybe by bringing Dolores into the real world to show off and that's what we're seeing in the trailer when she appears to be outside the park) I don't know how you do that without young Ford (not the little boy but the CGI de-aged Hopkins.) I mean I guess technically you could, but it would be a lot less interesting. 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, Astromech said:

Haha, Heart-Shaped Box. Trailer looks good. I'm hoping we see more than just a few glimpses of Samurai World.

I'm hoping for a full on throwdown between the functioning properly hosts from Shogun World and the malfunctioning hosts from Westworld.

12 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Could it be?

The War of the Worlds. 

That's what I'm hoping for but it's probably extreme wishful thinking.  But imagine the cowboys/native tribe fighting samurai? Or knights from Medieval World, shit or even a legion from Roman World.

The Westworld show runners did a AMA on the sub-reddit the other day, and offered to post a video outlining the entire plot of season 2 if their post got enough up-votes. The idea being to combat inadvertent spoilers that end up getting out to the regular viewers as a result of the obsessive speculation of the types of people who visit sub-reddits for specific shows. 

Well, the post met its goal and they have delivered. 

Proceed with caution. 

Oh boy. Someone stumbled on the big reveal of season 1 way too early which kind of dampened my enjoyment of it. I'll try to avoid reading and watching too much about season 2 in hopes of avoiding that for season 2. I'm sure I'll come across something, though.

33 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Please please please no one openly discuss what they reveal in that video yet :( 

It's just a joke. They don't actually revel anything other than maybe what the first scene of the season is. 

Weird official synopses for the first five episodes of season two. 

Episode #11 (season 2, episode 1): “Journey into Night”

Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 22 (9:00-10:10 p.m. ET/PT)

The puppet show is over, and we are coming for you and the rest of your kind. Welcome back to Westworld.

Written by Lisa Joy & Roberto Patino; directed by Richard J. Lewis.

Episode #12 (season 2, episode 2): “Reunion”

Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 29 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)

Why don’t we start at the beginning?

Written by Carly Wray & Jonathan Nolan; directed by Vincenzo Natali.

Episode #13 (season 2, episode 3): “Virtù e Fortuna”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)

There is beauty in who we are. Shouldn’t we, too, try to survive?

Written by Roberto Patino & Ron Fitzgerald; directed by Richard J. Lewis.

Episode #14 (season 2, episode 4): “The Riddle of the Sphinx”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 13 (9:00-10:10 p.m.)

Is this now? If you’re looking forward, you’re looking in the wrong direction.

Written by Gina Atwater & Jonathan Nolan; directed by Lisa Joy.

Episode #15 (season 2, episode 5): “Akane No Mai”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 20 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)

ショーグン・ワールドへようこそ (Welcome to Shogun World)

Written by Dan Dietz; directed by Craig Zobel.

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I really hope this show doesn't go off the rails and descend into  chaos.

Oh there is going to chaos. Hosts killing guests. Hosts pretending to be human. Perhaps more hosts that don't know they are hosts. I'm still wondering who Ford was building in his secret lab when Bernard killed Teresa. I've assumed that it wasn't really Ford that Delores killed but a host copy but people keep saying that Ford is dead for good. So I think there are two possibilities: Elsie or Stubbs. Both were attacked by hosts but we didn't see them die. Both are in season 2.

As for going off the rails, if the critics are to be believed this season is better than last season. http://www.businessinsider.com/westworld-season-2-has-a-100-on-rotten-tomatoes-critics-rave-2018-4

12 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Oh there is going to chaos. Hosts killing guests. Hosts pretending to be human. Perhaps more hosts that don't know they are hosts. I'm still wondering who Ford was building in his secret lab when Bernard killed Teresa. I've assumed that it wasn't really Ford that Delores killed but a host copy but people keep saying that Ford is dead for good. So I think there are two possibilities: Elsie or Stubbs. Both were attacked by hosts but we didn't see them die. Both are in season 2.

As for going off the rails, if the critics are to be believed this season is better than last season. http://www.businessinsider.com/westworld-season-2-has-a-100-on-rotten-tomatoes-critics-rave-2018-4

It will definitely be chaotic in universe at least this seasons, but I meant more like a Lost type chaos where the story descends into unintelligible plot holes.  I'm glad it's getting good reviews, I want it to be good.

I didn't think Hopkins was coming back? so maybe they will hold that host he was building for even more than this season.  I think that Elsie and Stubbs are both going to be alive, and they don't seem high level enough that Ford would want to replicate them.

21 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It will definitely be chaotic in universe at least this seasons, but I meant more like a Lost type chaos where the story descends into unintelligible plot holes.  I'm glad it's getting good reviews, I want it to be good.

I didn't think Hopkins was coming back? so maybe they will hold that host he was building for even more than this season.  I think that Elsie and Stubbs are both going to be alive, and they don't seem high level enough that Ford would want to replicate them.

I believe I saw Stubbs in the trailer, but that doesn't mean he can't be a  host now.

So looking forward to Shogun World.

Archived