.H.

HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

339 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It will definitely be chaotic in universe at least this seasons, but I meant more like a Lost type chaos where the story descends into unintelligible plot holes.  I'm glad it's getting good reviews, I want it to be good.

I didn't think Hopkins was coming back? so maybe they will hold that host he was building for even more than this season.  I think that Elsie and Stubbs are both going to be alive, and they don't seem high level enough that Ford would want to replicate them.

Stubbs is head of security and I would assume to be leading the fight against the hosts. That could make for an interesting situation. I'm thinking of the final book of The Wheel of Time where...

Spoiler

the Forsaken invaded the minds of the Great Captains and had them making critical mistakes in battle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Astromech said:

I believe I saw Stubbs in the trailer, but that doesn't mean he can't be a  host now.

So looking forward to Shogun World.

I also thought I saw Stubbs in the trailer.  I think I'm in the minority on worrying that Shogun World and maybe a middle ages world and/or a couple other words is going to be the show becoming unwieldy, and losing it's narrative punch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I also thought I saw Stubbs in the trailer.  I think I'm in the minority on worrying that Shogun World and maybe a middle ages world and/or a couple other words is going to be the show becoming unwieldy, and losing it's narrative punch.

 

I'm hoping for just the right amount of time in Shogun World. I want more than just a tease, but not so much that it detracts from Westworld or goes off the rails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, Trebla said:

Stubbs is head of security and I would assume to be leading the fight against the hosts. That could make for an interesting situation. I'm thinking of the final book of The Wheel of Time where...

  Reveal hidden contents

the Forsaken invaded the minds of the Great Captains and had them making critical mistakes in battle.

 

I don't remember that... But I suppose by the final battle of the final book I was mostly catatonic.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, Astromech said:

 

I'm hoping for just the right amount of time in Shogun World. I want more than just a tease, but not so much that it detracts from Westworld or goes off the rails.

Jace thinks it'll be more or less incorporated into the wider park. Maybe some Islands out in the ocean is where they're coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...so I assumed that Delos was using the park to create robot super soldiers or spies in the outside world. Instead they have been secretly tracking guests' experiences and taking DNA. How devious...Delos is FACEBOOK!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trebla said:

Wow...so I assumed that Delos was using the park to create robot super soldiers or spies in the outside world. Instead they have been secretly tracking guests' experiences and taking DNA. How devious...Delos is FACEBOOK!!! 

The mind go boom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like a fool on the storyline with Bernard in that episode.  

His escape with Hale presumably was after Ford got shot and everything went to shit, right?  But then where did he end up on the beach found by the special ops folks?  Not following how the one went to the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Triskele said:

I feel like a fool on the storyline with Bernard in that episode.  

His escape with Hale presumably was after Ford got shot and everything went to shit, right?  But then where did he end up on the beach found by the special ops folks?  Not following how the one went to the other.

Dolores (his conscience) left him behind when she took her followers to the promised world.

That's like two weeks after the party scene, I gathered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I feel like a fool on the storyline with Bernard in that episode.  

His escape with Hale presumably was after Ford got shot and everything went to shit, right?  But then where did he end up on the beach found by the special ops folks?  Not following how the one went to the other.

We don't know because Bernard himself doesn't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

We don't know because Bernard himself doesn't know.

We don't know? You don't know! Jace Know know.

 

Jace need know to know where Snake Lady is. That's a bad bitch I need in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

We don't know because Bernard himself doesn't know.

Thanks.  That actually makes perfect sense.  Silly Jace is silly.

Intrigued by the line after finding the Bengal about other Parks.  I'm sure we'd been given hints of that before, but that seemed like it might have given some more specificity to number and distance.

ETA:  Westworld might be located in the South China Sea.

Edited by Triskele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the scene with William and the little kid Robert Ford host. He was creepy as hell. 

Seems likely that Teddy will fight against his coding and turn on Dolores at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming it's not a decoy, it looks like Bernard might have sabotaged the boat they're eventually going to use to try and get off the island, or something like that. It would explain why tons of hosts are drowned in the secret bay, and why he washed up on shore. 

I get the impression that's not the only way they're messing around with the timeline, but I can't pin it down. 

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

ETA:  Westworld might be located in the South China Sea.

Definitely got that vibe from the soldiers that the Delos security forces were arguing with on the beach. It's somewhere in southeast asia, maybe even an entirely artificial island (like that IRL island the Chinese government made on steroids, given how good their land-moving equipment is). It's big, too, since the tiger managed to wander over from "Park Six" - maybe big enough that it has at least six parks on it. 

Edited by Fall Bass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tessa Thompson plays such a good and convincing sociopath. I felt bad for Bernard but it was kinda funny that she was getting annoyed with her robot counterpart for losing his shit.

Delos and the DNA reveal was also a nice little addition. I was sure that they just wanted to weaponize the hosts too.

Teddy doesn’t know what’s going on. He’s just along for the ride right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't decide who Charlotte is messaging from the bunker. If it's other Delos higher ups, then that conversation made absolutely no sense. 

Pretty sure that message should've been "These effen robots are killing people! Get us the fck outta here!"

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Wow! The twists hit right from the start.

I can't believe Bernard is Arnold!

Umm you did know bernard was arnold from season one, right? Like episode 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charlie Hustle said:

Umm you did know bernard was arnold from season one, right? Like episode 8.

No, I thought he was just a guy with a delicate disposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Peter Abernathy so important WRT to the other hosts? I would have asumed that they would want Delores, or the old gunslinger. Since Delos said they aint sending any help until the "Package" is located.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now