Leap

Pokemon Go: Generation 2

406 posts in this topic

Oh I want complaining...i still hadn't gotten a Chansey. But the evolving of it will take a while...

Has anyone gotten multiple specials yet?  Ive only had one each sun stone, Dragon scale, upgrade, and the one I forget that I used to evolve my Scyther...i have enough to evolve sunkern, but I'm also getting closer to evolving a gloom to its alternate evolution. I can't decide which to do...

21 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Has anyone gotten multiple specials yet?  Ive only had one each sun stone, Dragon scale, upgrade, and the one I forget that I used to evolve my Scyther...i have enough to evolve sunkern, but I'm also getting closer to evolving a gloom to its alternate evolution. I can't decide which to do...

Yes, even though I've only gotten 3 total: 1 Steel Coat  and 2 king Stones.  70 pokestops in the last 24 hrs, still nothing. Been approx. 300 stops since my last item :( 

I have only had one, a Dragon Scale.

I've gotten three total, two king's stones and the Scyther one.  

I'm getting a bit frustrated over here.  I'm still at 39 and have been all week.  I saw an unidentified one pop up the other day but that's it.  Eggs? Essentially nothing; Nidorans, Voltorbs and Poliwags and other nameless garbage.  Two new ones the first week from 10k-ers and the Hitmonchan baby the other day.  I wish I'd been keeping track of eggs in addition to pokestops but I estimate I've gone through a couple dozen -- lots of green ones.  The only redeeming thing is I need the Poliwag candy.  I saw my first hatted Pikachu today walking home from work but it was at a stop a half a kilometer in the wrong direction.

53 itemless pokestops today.  As near as I can tell it's less than or equal to a 1% chance of getting them.

11 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Oh I want complaining...i still hadn't gotten a Chansey. But the evolving of it will take a while...

Gloom for sure. There are no Chansey. They simply don't exist in my world. Nope.

Yesterday was the first time I ever had Pokemon in three gyms simultaneously. That lasted about an hour.  Then I was down to two for about 8 hours.  This morning, in fact still at this moment, I've actually got a slot in a gym for more than 24 hours...so unusual...

I actually saw a Blissey on the tracker last week.  Didn't have the opportunity to go chase it down but it was there.  I've seen a Chansey once or twice as well but I think that may have been in conjunction with the Valentine's thing.

The gyms around here are fairly static.  I've had one in a gym for several weeks now and another for over two.  I'd gotten in a third two weeks ago today but it got attacked a couple of days ago.  It isn't anywhere near here so I don't know whether it actually changed hands or just got whacked for a bit.  It's nice that if you do get in you can count on those coins every day.  On the other hand, if you aren't in, you're screwed.

Sixty nine pokestops yesterday and just a dozen today, no special items.

I'm just 8 candy short of having enough to evolve a Gloom -- provided I get the item for it.  I'm at the point where everything I need to evolve needs a boatload of candy.  I did get my Kuboto evolve this week though.  Others that I need 50+ candy or more include an Ivysaur and Warturtle.

I actually managed to get one of new ones out of an egg!  I forget what it's called but it was a little blue elephant looking thing from a 5k egg.

Yeah, I still haven't got a single item, but I'm in no hurry, haven't got the candies for any of the item needy ones anyway. By now, every new one I find comes from an egg, yesterday I evolved a lava thing from a 2k. 

After going home from one of the girls' activities the other day, we went out of our way and leveled a pretty high gym, and that one is actually still in it. This, three days, is a new record for me, and I'm hoping it will go even further ;)

I have gotten one item, my wife is on 5 or 6.

Chancey's, with the right move sets, can be really useful in taking down towers.  I have one that is at like 800s in CP and I can sometimes take out 2 tower defenders and net a ton of victory points.

I have figured I'm at less than .5% chance of getting a special item (3 items, approx. 530 pokestops)  that sucks. I'm at my busy time now, so I'll be lucky to get 15-20 stops a day while traveling to/from work.

The only one I'm no where near ready to evolve is Polygon. I have lots of everyone else:

Caught Total to Evolve # have # needed Egg Size   Item needed
182. Bellossom   100 206 -106 na Oddish sun stone
230. Kingdra   100 110 -10 na Horsea dragon scale
208. Steelix   50 54 -4 na Onix steel coat
192. Sunflora   50 58 -8 na Sunkern sun stone

I've gotten one special item (a sun stone, which I used for a Sunflora) so far. Not sure how many stops I've spun (there aren't a ton near me, so probably not that many), but definitely a low drop rate.

I'm going to evolve a couple of Eevees in a few days, obviously one or two will be a Vaporeon, but is it worth it to evolve an Espeon to fight in gyms?

It can do a ton of damage, but it has very low health, so you have to be on point with your dodging.

Hatched 8 eggs the past 2 days. 7 were crap, 1 was an Aerodactyl!  Finally! I had never even seen one in a gym around here.

I also evolved a Lanturn.

Total count 192- 133/59

pokestops are @ 3145 which means it's been about 380 since I last got a special item :(  (it's taken 5 days to get 80 pokestops. work is really interfering with my game :P )

8 eggs?  Damn.  I only finished off one and got about halfway on another 5k egg...

Eggs not going fast for me, although right now they're flying by - I'm getting 2k eggs by the dozen. Haven't seen a 10k in over a month..

So, evolving Eevees with the names only work once? SAD! 

The best Eevee gave me a crap Jolteon and the slightly worse gave me a decent Flareon. So much for Espeon and Vaporeon..

16 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

8 eggs?  Damn.  I only finished off one and got about halfway on another 5k egg...

I almost always have 7-9 incubators going at a time. Once I hit level 25 I stopped catching everything in sight, so I didn't need to buy balls, so now I spend my $10 monthly allowance on incubators. They've lasted a bit longer  as I've had a rash of 10k eggs lately (maybe 8 the past month, including the one working now...I had 4 at once, that's never happened before)

How much is an incubator set in dollars? It's 15 SEK which would be about 2$.

3 hours ago, Mikael said:

How much is an incubator set in dollars? It's 15 SEK which would be about 2$.

$10 gets me 1200 gold coins, and each incubator is 150 gc, so I get 8 for $10. Just over $1.25 each.

Looks like we are not the only ones having problems with the special Items: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/03/09/pokemon-gos-gen-2-evolution-items-are-flat-out-broken/