Leap

Pokemon Go: Generation 2

406 posts in this topic

Ah.  As I don't spend money on the game, I have to go the slower method...but I've earned a few extra coins by actually being in a gym for more than two days straight. The other day was two gyms overnight...I'm in three as of an hour ago, so we'll see what happens.  I love spring break. Students are gone, so gyms are sitting longer...

I keep meaning to post here, but I always forget.

I've been grinding my way through level 31 and finally just crossed into level 32 with an evolve. :D 

Now it's 750,000 to get to 33.

I always make notes of my evolves, just to see how they go. I don't keep them, I throw them out. But if you haven't done an evolve with Gen2 yet, there are a couple of mon that really jump up in CP when you do. A Marill at 284 went to 1073, a Wooper at 479 went to 1598, a Sentrat at 425 went to 1389 and a Swinub at 522 went to 1871. A Hoothoot went from 418 to 1387.

And just for fun, a Weedle went from 256 to....252. And two Eevees both at 532 went to different critters at different levels, a Flareon at 1622 and a Vaporeon at 1761.

Funny things like that happened on other evolves, so I started tracking the numbers just to make sure I wasn't dreaming things up. And I'm a nerd, what can I say. :P 

Oh, and I got two special items, but I'll have to figure out what to evolve and then concentrate on collecting enough candy to do evolves for my Sun Stone and my King's Rock. But I also have an Up-Grade, which says it also makes certain Pokémon evolve. I had read about stones, but not about up-grades, so I need to look into that.

The Sun Stone is used to evolve Gloom into Bellossom and Sunkern into Sunflora, the King's Rock is for Poliwhirl and Slowpoke, and the Upgrade is also an evolution stone for Porygon.

You can find estimated ratios of how much CP they gain on google. I don't get it though, I think I spend so much time collecting Pokemon, and yet you're all ahead of me lvl wise :D (I reached 27 yesterday).

I made a terrible mistake a powered up a Pinsir with two fighting attacks in order to take out a 2900 Blissey. However, I found that Flareon worked good against it. Of course, the battery died when I had beaten the gym down to level 1 :D

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't call it that terrible.  Flareon can blow up their way through a lot of Pokemon, but they are more fragile than the Pinsir if I recall correctly.  So if the Blissey or whatnot has the right moveset, it can punish the Flareon more than the Pinsir.

Edited by Guy Kilmore

Posted (edited)

After all my bitching about not getting a special item in a while, I got a dragon scale this morning. for the record, it was at pokestop #3187.

I evolved my Seadra into a Kingdra. Also evolved Teddy into a Russian Fighter.  He went from cute to brute :P 

ETA: I was reading about the trading yesterday, and it seem you'll have to be close to the person to trade with them :(  That was a little disappointing

Edited by Lany Freelove Cassandra

On 3/7/2017 at 8:08 PM, Mikael said:

I'm going to evolve a couple of Eevees in a few days, obviously one or two will be a Vaporeon, but is it worth it to evolve an Espeon to fight in gyms?

As Guy noted, they have a glass jaw but they rock if you can keep out of the way of the nasty attacks.

On 3/9/2017 at 8:56 AM, Rorshach said:

Eggs not going fast for me, although right now they're flying by - I'm getting 2k eggs by the dozen. Haven't seen a 10k in over a month..

I seem to have been getting a boatload of green ones.  I shouldn't bitch though, I hatched a 10k today and actually got one of the new ones, it looks like a stingray and starts with 'm'.  Didn't look to be anything special but at least it was new.  I also got another today and I'm cooking it right now.  I've learned not to get my hopes up though.  Since the Gen2 roll out I may have gone through 20 eggs; 3 10k, and maybe 10 at 5k, with the rest being 2k.  I've gotten a grand total of three of the new ones.

Since 1st March I've hit 484 stops.  Checking back in the thread I'd estimated well over 200 possibly 300 stops since the special item prior to that.  I actually got an Up-Grade today so call it a conservative 600 stops in between items.  At least I have a good Porygon and the candy for the thing already? :P

And, someone was mentioning fighting Blisseys.  I powered-up a Machamp and it does really well against them.  The other day I was able to whack a Blissey a couple hundred CP over my Machamp's relatively easily.  I had to finish it off with a second one but was able to do so before time ran out.  When I encounter one in a gym I'll flee when I get to it until everything under it is gone and then start with the Machamp.

I've discovered Rhydons are pretty good at fighting Blisseys, especially if they have Stone Edge

I had a really good day yesterday.  It was raining all day but let up later on so I went to the nearby park.  To that point I'd gotten one stop in -- with GPS drift I can sometimes get the one next door, and thought that'd be it for the day.  I ended up with 70-something stops with no special.

I did get four new ones yesterday.  After having never seen a Hoppip I got a slew of them.  They were popping up all over the place so I was using yellow candy to make sure I'd be able to evolve one.  I also tracked down a Skormany (?), the bird one.  Hatched a couple of eggs including the 10k one I had cooking, got another Mantine with it.  :/  I did get another 10k one back and that one is almost done right now too.

I used an egg last night and cranked out 49k and evolved the Hoppip only to discover it has another level.  Had I known I'd have kept using the candy when I was catching them.  Instead of evolving the other three I was going to, I saved two and recycled 14 of them.  I almost have enough candy to get the next level on it.

I went out this morning to our closest train station hoping for a slew of something else new but didn't get anything of interest except the majority of my steps for the day.  I did lay waste to a gym on my way there and left my shiny new Porygon2 that I'd evolved last night.  I haven't checked my phone, I suspect it's in need of a revive now

I finally hatched another Grimer and evolved a Muk!  . I have nothing left of the first Gen that is easy to evolve. Still need 21 candies for a Golem, 50 for a Machamp, 62 for Dragonite and 100 for Gyarados.  The others I don't even have the hatchlings/1st evolution of yet (looks like that is just Omanyte & Kabuto into Omastar & Kabutops).

Other than the region specific, I just need those 8 to finish off Gen 1.

Total count is at 198 (135/63), but with a winter storm about to hit, I doubt I'll get any more this week. :(  (been trying to get a special item for my son.  been over 250 pokestops and nothing yet. He's never had one)

So...fighting the Blissey...would a Ditto do anything?  Just wondering.

Posted (edited)

You have a 2-3000 CP Ditto? :D

I have yet to find an item aswell. Getting kind of tired of the game, only thing that can excite is when I get a 10k egg, would like a Dragonite and a Tyranitar...

ETA: To clarify, I've never tried a Blissey vs Blissey, but it doesn't really do any damage except for the Hyper Beam or w/e, so there's no point. You need to bring your glass cannons (or Dragonites).

Edited by Mikael

I hatched a Larvitar from a 10k egg today, and it came with exactly the right amount of candy to evolve it into a Pupitar. I doubt I'll get a Tyranitar anytime soon though, especially not a 3400CP one like the one that's been dominating one of my local gyms for the last week.

I just started level 31. I have caught 184 out of 194 seen. I've been walking my Omanyte since last year. It is torture but at 50, it was the closest one that I could evolve. After that I will probably walk my Wartortle. I have the following:

Stantler, Octillery, Remoraid, Corsola, Swinub, Slugma, Teddiursa, Heracross, Qwilfish, Snubbull, Pineco, Murkrow, Wooper, Yanma, Sunkern, Aipom, Skiploom, Hoppip, Sudowoodo, Azumarrill, Marrill, Xatu, Natu, Chinchou, Ariados, Spinarak, Ledian, Ledyba, Noctowl, Hoothoot, Furret, Sentret, Totodile, Quilava, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, and Chikorita.

Really. They have got to help us out with items. It's really annoying. :(

FINALLY hatched a Pichu this evening...

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

FINALLY hatched a Pichu this evening...

That's your first baby? Awesome! That's a good one!

Sentrets are the Rattatas of Gen 2.

Murkrows are the Pidgeys. 

Can I get an amen!

Not really :D

Pidgeys are my lifeblood since they only need 12 candies to evolve and often are low enough to catch with one ball (the only kind I catch). Murkrows have no evolution and are often dark orange.

Well, I really meant in prevalence...