Leap

Pokemon Go: Generation 2

338 posts in this topic

No, I'm sorry. Swinubs are the Pidgeys, Rattatas and (around here) Drowzees combined. There are more Swinubs around here than terrible appointments in Donald Trump's administration. 

I loathe them. May they all rot.

Same. Swinubs are everywhere, and they are all dark orange so no point catching them.

Never seen a Swinub.  I can have six Murkrows in my sightings box at one time these days...

I don't know how legit this is, but, the odds may be higher for an item to drop, if you spin pokestops in an area than spawns the pokemon that needs the item. For example, there is a park where Sunkern spawns. Today a pokestop there dropped a sun stone, which is the item that evolves Sunkern. 
I plan to explore this idea further, cause there is an Onyx spawn site nearby.

I lived next to an Onyx spawn and I saw no effect.

I'm still at 0 items. However, I did hatch a Dratini the other day, bringing me up to 50 candies, the next 75 will of course take forever to walk, but it was nice nonetheless. Today I caught a Gyarados in the wild, it was 2000 cp with a decent room for improvement, so that too was pretty neat (especially since I'm like 240 candies from evolving one).

@Jaxom 1794 Pretty sure I said something similar about the Gen2 Rats and Pidgeys. ;) 

Hatched an Elekid and caught a Houndour yesterday bringing me up to 200!  Not too bad since I've only managed 2k so far this week.  Between the storm and work, there just isn't any time.

I hadn't really checked it out, so I kept calling the Houndour a "houndhour" (hound whore) last night.  My son was like "What the hellck are you talking about?" he nearly said hell, he was so confused by my getting the name wrong :rofl: I could almost hear his thoughts "why is my mom calling it a whore?"   Gotta love teenagers

200 caught is pretty impressive, I'm at 205 seen...

Everyone knows that Houndwhores trades intercourse for cool necklaces.

I have not seen anything new around for days and days and it's been quite annoying. I know if I went downtown I'd probably find good stuff, since Pokémon seems to like seeding the best stuff in central areas, but I just can't be bothered to take the subway downtown and walk around in the cold. But last night I caught a Gligar and a Dunsparce and a the night before a Cyndaquil and a Ledian. I also tried to catch a Houndour but he smoked me pretty quick.

Toronto was the land of the Drowzee, I've caught 1092 out of 1174 seen. Now you hardly see them anymore, but the Swinub has replaced it.  They are everywhere, knee deep.

I have caught 181 mon, seen 188.

Things I've learned today: 

*Tyranitar is probably good for taking down gyms, but it's as useless as Dragonite defending them.

*Gyarados wasn't the glass cannon I was hoping it would be, still decent I guess.

*I hate Blissey. Still haven't found anyone better against Blissey than Flareon, so once I have a bunch of Eevee candies I'll buff my best one and then I can probably be indifferent to Blissey again.

I finally walked my Magickarp all 400 kilometers (okay--probably closer 375) for my Gyarados. Now to...keep walking it for enough candies to make it actually worth something.

I'd be okay hatching Poliwags from these 5k eggs if I only had the special item I needed for evolving the Polytoed...

On 3/13/2017 at 8:43 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I finally hatched another Grimer and evolved a Muk!  . I have nothing left of the first Gen that is easy to evolve. Still need 21 candies for a Golem, 50 for a Machamp, 62 for Dragonite and 100 for Gyarados.  The others I don't even have the hatchlings/1st evolution of yet (looks like that is just Omanyte & Kabuto into Omastar & Kabutops).

Other than the region specific, I just need those 8 to finish off Gen 1.

Total count is at 198 (135/63), but with a winter storm about to hit, I doubt I'll get any more this week. :(  (been trying to get a special item for my son.  been over 250 pokestops and nothing yet. He's never had one)

The pokemons available here and there are so vastly different.   I'm buried in a rockslide of Golems and have 100+ candy for them.  Same thing for Machamps.  I recycle those things regularly.  I don't even bother getting an opinion on Arcanines unless they are near or over 800 CP anymore.  It's the one I have the most candy for, nearly 400 right now.  I generally evolve a couple just for the XP when I use a lucky egg.  I've evolved a couple of Omanytes and almost have enough for another one right now.  I did resort to walking a Kabuto to get a Kabutops but just 10 km or so.  Things I need to walk a lot include a Wartortle, a Poliwhirl (provided I ever get the item for it), Weepinbell, and Metapod round out my walker list.  I won't mention the Magicarp as I need 337 candy for the thing.

I walked a Grimer 75.5 km to get my Muk and a Grimer popped out of a 10k egg this week.  Not sure whether that's good or bad.  I had a second 10k and got a Dratini.  I'd never seen one anywhere anyplace and thought it was one of the Gen2 ones.  I know, laugh it up. :)  A day or two later I actually saw and caught one so I have almost enough candy to evolve it to the mid-level evolve whose name I do not know because I've never seen one of them either.  I actually picked up a third 10k tonight and am cooking it right now.  I got a second Gligar out of an egg this week too.

It's officially been 546 stops since I got my last special.  I've stopped at the one I got it from nearly 40 times since then so I'm not sure the 'they only load at certain stops' thing is true.

Sentrets and Snubbulls are my Rattata and Pidgey here. ;)

Wait, is it actually worth checking the opinion on the Pokemon? I generally ignore that...

I got another special item, an up-grade again. What a surprise!

As to items, I got a metal coat the first seven day streak after they were released. Since then - one item. 

In other news, there's suddenly an Abra nest on the way to work. So I now have an okay Alakazam. Went from having seen a couple and caught five or six to catching five-six a day. Also saw (and caught) my first Dratini for a couple of months, meaning I could boost my Dragonite to CP 1793. It's almost useful now.

4 hours ago, Mikael said:

Probably better off saving candies for a new one :D 

Problem is - if I get 4 candies every two months, we're talking 64 months to get those 125 candies. Getting that sucker to 3000 CP costs considerably less.

2 hours ago, Rorshach said:

Problem is - if I get 4 candies every two months, we're talking 64 months to get those 125 candies. Getting that sucker to 3000 CP costs considerably less.

It got that kind of room to improve? Neat. I wish I had a Dragonite at all.. The Gyarados I caught the other day is maxing out around 2500, for now, and it still isn't really that good. I met an Espeon in a gym, and though I killed it easily enough, it sure packed a punch, it sucks that I humored my daughter and evolved a crap Eevee to an Espeon and now I have to wait for random chance to get a good one.

It's a rounded number, but I'm not far off, I think - it powers up by 50CP every time, has plenty room, and my Gyarados, which is my current champ, is at 2794. I'll also definetely be at a higher level when it finally gets up there :)