Leap

Pokemon Go: Generation 2

388 posts in this topic

I can't log in this morning, at all.  It just hangs up half way.  Been doing this for the past hour and a half. :( 

Maybe they are getting the update ready or something. 

I've actually been having issues for a couple days with the game reading the GPS consistently. 

I'm having issues with the game eating whatever balls I find, was about to remove the app the other day, maybe I should have.

I'm mainly just walking eggs while I'm naturally out walking and I actually had a few exceptions from the "Thou shalt only hatch Meowth and Psyduck" rule so I'll probably stick around a while longer ;)

On 12/8/2016 at 2:55 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I can't log in this morning, at all.  It just hangs up half way.  Been doing this for the past hour and a half. :( 

Maybe they are getting the update ready or something. 

I have that happen occasionally.  It always seems to happen over our wi-fi.  If I switch over to data it loads fine.

So we finally got the new tracking thing here in Greece last night.  I'm giving it mixed reviews as of yet.  I understand the rural players' concerns, on the other end of the continuum I also have some concerns.  It's nice to know where specific pokemons are but knowing there's a Meowth a half a kilometer away among the many stops just isn't all that helpful.  

At one point today I had three sightings at stops and the bottom half of the screen was showing three nearby.  Now that is something that's helpful.  Were it up to me, they'd have that layout all the time.

I made it to level 26 today.  I got some new ones this week including two Jynxes from successive eggs, a Starmie, an Electrode, a Porygon , and a Seel.

I'm not looking forward to this Poliwag nest changing. I currently have 2 Poliwraths, but only one of which has the ideal moves, and I wouldn't mind getting another strong one. But there's also Politoed coming out at some point with Gen 2, and I don't have enough candies for that yet either - I don't even know if it will be any good. So the current plan is to get a shit load of candy, then whatever happens I'm okay to go. 

I'm right on the cusp of level 25. I could have made it today, but I didn't want to evolve a bunch of Pidgeys given we might be starting a new event soon. I have an inventory full of stuff just in case we get double candy again. 

Also, I don't know if it's just random chance, but I am seeing a lot of different spawns lately. Today I caught a whole bunch of Geodudes and even some Staryu; Pokemon I rarely see that frequently. Not that I'm complaining! 

My outage lasted about 7 hours. Both on wi-fi and on data.

Finally made it back to PokePark. Caught a Dodou and was able to evolve it.  Now I have 113 pokemons, Alex is at 99. It is just so hard to evolve the starters. I've never even found a charmander in the wild. I have my initial and I hatched one.  Alex hasn't found any. (I play my son's account a lot at work since we're in such a rural area...actually I think 90% of his game has been done by me)

I've started trying to catch piggies and rats again, but only if they are in groups of 2 or more, hoping one will be a ditto. And since the game won't allow you to hit pokestops while driving/riding in a car anymore, we keep running out of balls. (now they say "try again later"  I had worked out the perfect timing to get them as we drove past :( )

So, the announcement is out. At this point it seems there's two things: 

Firstly, you can now hatch Pichu, Togepi and others from eggs. They'll have to be eggs you've got from Pokestops at some point after now. I'm not sure what kind of egg it is either, although I have heard that it might be 5k. It might well be that the ''other select Pokemon'' now available from Generation 2 are the baby Pokemon (Igglybuff, Cleffa, Elekid, Magby, Smoochum and Tyrogue, which become Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Electabuzz, Magmar, Jynx and Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee). None of these are particularly good, but at least we might not hatch the evolved forms from eggs anymore. 

Secondly, you can now catch Pikachu with Christmas hats on. 

So, a little disappointing, but I can't imagine there won't be a Christmas themed event in the next few weeks anyway soon like the Thanksgiving one). Also, the rest of Generation 2 will be released over the next few months. 

I'm kind of ready to leave, so a non-event would be just the thing to set me free.. That said, no christmas event would be really surprising, all things considered.

If there's a Pichu available...my daughter will be dying to see one...

I'm happy to have Pokestops at Starbucks. It took me so long through the drive-through that I spun it three times. 

I caught a giant wild Snorlax the other day at my grocery store. It was so odd. Then today, I saw the new game cover with Santa Pikachu and it also features a Snorlax. Coincidence? 

I'm a third into level 29. I evolved my Kadabra and Grimer so I now have an Alakazam and a Muk. I've caught 135 out of 142 seen. I'm now walking my Omanyte because I'm a masochist. 

It seems like I'm getting a double vibration when a Mon appears. One like a warning before the Mon appears. Is this happening to anyone else?

Edited by Baitac

Yeah, I thought I was getting the double vibration thing when I went for my lunch time walk today.

Oh... and I saw the Pikachu in a Santa hat on my "nearby" list after I got back. 

Had a lot of fun prestiging a gym the other day. Sat in the car waiting to pick someone up, I took a gym with two Vaporeons @ level 3 up to level 5 in about 5-10 minutes. If all the Pokemon in your party have <50% of the CP of the lowest Pokemon in the gym, you get ~1000 prestige for each win. 4 Glooms had no trouble with two Vaporeons, even at less than half the CP. 

Today was also very successful. I hit up my Poliwag nest for what may be the last time, and in doing so I managed to hatch another Poliwag. I'm not sure if I'm counting that as good or bad luck. Also got a Christmas Pikachu. And I'm at 95/100 Bulbasaur candy! Also getting really close to evolving a Machamp and a Golem. 

I did not realise you could get max revives at level 25. So far all they've done is add a new level of redundancy to regular and super potions, and today I even found myself throwing away hyper potions so I could hold more Pokeballs.

So, the nests changed again. I got Bulbasaur. That's absurdly satisfying and annoying at the same time - having just walked 250km with my Bulbasaur, I am currently at 98 candies. If I were to keep Ivysaur as my buddy when I walked to the nest tomorrow, then I'd get my 100th candy approximately as I arrived. Of the last four Pokemon at this nest, 3 of them have been starter Pokemon...I hope my luck holds through in two weeks time. :o

Er, my pokedex goes up to 174 now?

I got an igglybuff tonight.

I have been really fortunate with gyms lately.  On Monday and Tuesday I collected a total of 100 coins.  The bad news is in the last two days I got booted out of the two gyms I'd been in for weeks -- one of them for a month straight.  I found a new, to me, nearby-ish gym today that looks as though it might be stably blue.  I'm going to check it out in the morning.

I'm holding out hope that once the Christmas thing expires on the 29th they add an added XP thing for New Year's.  I have a few that I can evolve into new ones.  I have a bunch more banked in preparation to use up the basic pokemon candy I've been amassing including 10 pidgeys.  Still no Santa Pikachu but I saw one in the wild the other day, no time then to go track it down though.

No increase in my pokedex...but I did get a notice about the Pichus and such...

I'm still not doing gyms correctly...won some battles, and once actually took the gym, but never any coins...

Now it's up to 239 in the pokedex.  I've gotten a couple new ones already.  The pickachu junior, the jiggypuff junior and something called an elekid - an electrabuzz jr. perhaps?  I didn't look, I just got in.  The latter came out of a 10K egg.

Jaxom, after you're in a gym go to 'shop'.  At the top right corner there will be a green circle that will say 'collect x', x being the number of pokemans you have in gyms.  You can collect once/day, it resets in 21 hours.  While I'm still in two, I managed to get in five gyms today.  With more time I could have gotten two more.

Oh, and I saw another santa pikachu today, couldn't get over to it as I was walking the kids to school.  It vanished along the way.

Edited by dalThor

So, that Venusaur happened. I got the Sludge Bomb charge move. :bang: Very frustrating after walking so far, though at least it has some use as a defender. What with being busy for the holidays, I don't know if I'll get chance to get another 125 candies, but we'll see how it goes.

On the bright side, I did hatch an Elekid today. That's the first of the new releases that I've got so far. 

3 hours ago, dalThor said:

Jaxom, after you're in a gym go to 'shop'.  At the top right corner there will be a green circle that will say 'collect x', x being the number of pokemans you have in gyms.  You can collect once/day, it resets in 21 hours.  While I'm still in two, I managed to get in five gyms today.  With more time I could have gotten two more.

Getting into gyms is the hard part!  Last time I got into the bottom rung in a gym that happened to have an open slot.  Put my best Vapereon in there and it stayed maybe ten hours...gyms are brutal on a college campus...

10 hours!  Did you even stay after work to do it?  I've gone into a gym twice and my finger was sore mashing the screen after just a few seconds.  I couldn't imagine 10 hours.  Geesh.  That's dedication or something.

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

10 hours!  Did you even stay after work to do it?  I've gone into a gym twice and my finger was sore mashing the screen after just a few seconds.  I couldn't imagine 10 hours.  Geesh.  That's dedication or something.

See. This is what I mean about not knowing how gyms work so well.  I left the Pokémon there. I didn't fought any battled. I just know that about 10 hours later, I'd last my spot in the gym.  If I needed to do something else to protect that place, I haven't realized what that is yet. :P