Leap

Pokemon Go: Generation 2

406 posts in this topic

I've not had any out of the ordinary GPS issues :dunno:

Well, I'm not sure whether to call the Grass Event disappointing or not. It didn't feel like grass spawns were up massively - I rarely had more than 2-3 on my radar at once. But when I look at what I caught, I don't feel I've done too badly. 

Plenty of Chikorita and Bellsprout, including one 1200CP Victreebel. A reasonable amount of Bulbasaur and Hoppip. Disappointingly few Oddish. One Exxegcute and no Tangela or Sunkern. 

All in all, not bad going, but I've not actually come out of it with any new strong gym candidates, or even new Pokemon other than Chikorita. Ah well. Hopefully I get lucky with the next Nest Migration (this time it was a Weedle.)

Yes, I had GPS issues numerous times and had to either sign out or even power down and power back up again.

And I guess, being in a big city, I got more than enough Bulbasaurs, Hoppips, Oddish, Paras and Exxegcutes. A few Chikoritas and a few Sunkern, but not a single Tangela.

Also, some Skiplooms, Glooms, Parasects, no Vileplumes or Venasaurs or other elevated mon. And I just looked up a list of grass type mon and saw a bunch I have not yet seen, Celebi, Meganium, and Sunflora. A week before the event started, I caught a Jumpluff, which looks like a virus, a blue ball with three cotton balls attached to it.

Spoke too soon! I guess the event is still going, because I just nipped outside and caught a Bayleaf right by my house. It's a shame it has poor IVs or I'd evolve it into Meganium right now. 

Jumpluff is weirdly the third evolution Hoppip - Skiploom, though it looks different. I don't think Celebi is out yet as it's a legendary Pokemon.

I got plenty of Sunkern and Exeggcute, and a few Bulbasaur and Chikorita, plus my first Tangela.

I've had GPS issues today.  It's been working off and on.  More off than on, which sucks because I was hanging out at a park for hours that had dozens of stops and mon.

I come across every grass type every now and then, so eventually I'll be able to evolve them all. This event sped up my Venosaur, but honestly, if I could have all the ultra balls that I've wasted catching Bulbasaurs back, then I might prefer the balls over the 30 or so candies. Haven't seen many Chikoritas so Meganium (ugly as sin) will have to wait. Other than that, the only grass type that will have to wait a couple of months is Sunkern's evolution, but I'll have it in due time ;)