Leap

Pokemon Go: Generation 2

358 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

See. This is what I mean about not knowing how gyms work so well.  I left the Pokémon there. I didn't fought any battled. I just know that about 10 hours later, I'd last my spot in the gym.  If I needed to do something else to protect that place, I haven't realized what that is yet. :P

hahaha, omg I thought you were literally at your desk all day long battling in the gym.

I really don't get the gym thing either.  I probably need to youtube it at some point.

Finally caught the Santa Pikachu. It's so cute!! No other new ones, though.

I've been in one nearby gym for about a week now.  I stopped by another on my way to work this morning just so I could get the extra coins.  By the time I got to work and remembered to collect it had already been ousted.  It's best to get in as many as you can at one time and collect as soon as possible.  I'd gotten in five the other morning and collected while I could.  By nightfall I was in only one.  As soon as someone from a different team stops by and hits it, the gym loses prestige, Jax.  The lowest defenders get ousted as the gym level drops.

Has anyone encountered a Chansey?  I got not one, but two from eggs and I disregarded them immediately due to the low (<800) CP.  I met up with one in a gym the other day and wondered just what the bloody hell was going on.  I kept whacking it and whacking it and nothing happened.  I nearly didn't finish it off before time ran out and I was hitting it with some high-power pokemons.  I went and looked at mine and the better of the two one has over 300 HP!  I'm powering it up now just to annoy people in gyms.

Still no Santa Pikachu but I'm hoping.

I've never held a gym for more than like 2 hours, the local gym is next to the school so the longest I've ever seen is like one night ;)

On the other hand, I've caught a bunch of christmas Pikachus.

Anyone know if there will be a proper christmas event or if this is it?

5 hours ago, dalThor said:

Has anyone encountered a Chansey? 

I've seen a couple in gyms, but that's it (and I've never fought one). Chansey, Lickitung and Tangela seem to be the most elusive, I've only ever seen the occasional one or two in gyms, never in the wild or from eggs.

Got my first gen2 mon today, I hatched an Igglybuff.

Edited by Maltaran

This is what I mean about not knowing how gyms work so well.  I left the Pokémon there. I didn't fought any battled. I just know that about 10 hours later, I'd last my spot in the gym.  If I needed to do something else to protect that place, I haven't realized what that is yet. :P

@Jaxam 

No, I just leave the strongest I have behind. A lot about how long you stay in the gyms has to do with the amount of traffic around the place. The gyms by the schools change hands almost daily, the one I have held for a week or more at a time is in a rural area, and it might be 5 -10 days before the others come and take it back. 

One of the things to do, is to help get the levels up quickly, so more people can help defend the gyms.  It helps to know others on your team in the area (this is my biggest down fall, I don't know any other yellows) (you fight your own color gyms to help them level up)

Edited by Lany Freelove Cassandra

Last night I was out and about, in and around, a nearby park.  It has a nice grouping of five stops that you can get in under five minutes.  There are also a few gyms nearby.

While I expected it would be futile, I managed to get into two (same team) gyms fairly easily.  I then got to another one nearby that I thought I'd have a chance to stay in for a day or three.  I didn't have any revives left so I spent over a half an hour pounding away at the same Machamp that was in the lowest position in order to get the seven grand to level the gym up.  I was pretty pleased with myself afterwards.

By the time I had gotten home an hour or so later I had been booted from all of them. :P

On 12/12/2016 at 6:43 PM, Leap said:

So, the announcement is out. At this point it seems there's two things: 

Firstly, you can now hatch Pichu, Togepi and others from eggs. They'll have to be eggs you've got from Pokestops at some point after now. I'm not sure what kind of egg it is either, although I have heard that it might be 5k. It might well be that the ''other select Pokemon'' now available from Generation 2 are the baby Pokemon (Igglybuff, Cleffa, Elekid, Magby, Smoochum and Tyrogue, which become Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Electabuzz, Magmar, Jynx and Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee). None of these are particularly good, but at least we might not hatch the evolved forms from eggs anymore. 

Secondly, you can now catch Pikachu with Christmas hats on. 

So, a little disappointing, but I can't imagine there won't be a Christmas themed event in the next few weeks anyway soon like the Thanksgiving one). Also, the rest of Generation 2 will be released over the next few months. 

It's a flaw in the gym system generally. You don't need to be strong to take down gyms provided you can take down one Pokemon with 6 of yours. Gyms could have been so much more, but so could so many other things in the game sadly. 

I hatched a Pichu!! I'm looking forward to what comes out of a couple of 10k eggs that I'm hatching. 

I've hatched like 2 so far, out of my 100+ eggs hatched...

I broke down and bought some more incubators so I could hatch some new babies.  Are they in 2k or 5k eggs?

My son has two 10k eggs about half way. Every time I hatch two, I have at least one of them already *sigh*

There are 2 babies in the 2km eggs (Iggybuff and Cleffa), 2 in the 5km eggs (Pichu and Togepi) and 3 in 10km eggs (Smoochum, Magby, Elekid). Togepi is the only entirely new Pokemon, whilst all of the others evolve into Pokemon that are already released in Generation 1. 

Finally caught an Aerodactyl today. I really hope the Christmas Event includes Buddy distances being smaller again, I would be so close to completing my Pokedex if I didn't have to walk hundreds of km for the candy.

I had a really good pokemon day.  I was right downtown and there were stops on about every block.  I actually snuck into the Acropolis without paying by tagging along with a group of students and their teachers.  The gym atop it needed just three grand to max it out and I got in.  Coolest gym evah.  I noticed just now that I got booted out but I took a screenshot of it for posterity's sake.

There were pokemons all over the place.  You couldn't get anywhere without stumbling over Nidorans.  I'm nine candies away from my first Nidoking now but still 40-some away for a queen.  Unsurprisingly, there were Geodudes crawling all over as well.  I got the 30 coins or so I needed to get another Golem and then some.  I need 1 Ryhorn or 7 more km. to evolve one I have into a maxed out CP, wonder, Rhydon.

The only bad thing, if it could be considered so, was that for about the first time ever I was using up balls faster than I could collect them.  That's not such a bad thing though.  Oh, and I actually found a 10K egg today.  My second one in many weeks, the last one netted me my Elekid.  I got a dud Ekans out of a 5K egg today.

1 hour ago, dalThor said:

I had a really good pokemon day.  I was right downtown and there were stops on about every block.  I actually snuck into the Acropolis without paying by tagging along with a group of students and their teachers.  The gym atop it needed just three grand to max it out and I got in.  Coolest gym evah.  I noticed just now that I got booted out but I took a screenshot of it for posterity's sake.

There were pokemons all over the place.  You couldn't get anywhere without stumbling over Nidorans.  I'm nine candies away from my first Nidoking now but still 40-some away for a queen.  Unsurprisingly, there were Geodudes crawling all over as well.  I got the 30 coins or so I needed to get another Golem and then some.  I need 1 Ryhorn or 7 more km. to evolve one I have into a maxed out CP, wonder, Rhydon.

The only bad thing, if it could be considered so, was that for about the first time ever I was using up balls faster than I could collect them.  That's not such a bad thing though.  Oh, and I actually found a 10K egg today.  My second one in many weeks, the last one netted me my Elekid.  I got a dud Ekans out of a 5K egg today.

OMG!! Gym at the Acropolis FTW!

So mad!  At work today I noticed a couple creatures my son needs and I don't, so I logged out of my account and into his. Caught everything, and one pidgey turned out to be a Ditto!  Logged back into my account real quick, but I was too late. :( This is my reward for being a good mom :/

(sometimes I think I never should have gotten my own account, we'd have nearly 120 pokemons by now and with him being level 24 and me 25, I bet we'd be near a level 30 *sigh* )

Dear lord...if you need Pokestops, get yourselves down to the National Mall in DC...

I frequently play my son's account because we live in such a rural area, have few stops, and limited variety of pokemon. I can walk in a park near work that has dozens of stops, and always lots of creatures. (we actually started off sharing one account, but then I bought him a smart phone that would support the game)

I needed just 1 more candy to evolve my Charmander, was walking it, and had 1.5 k to go when I spotted one in the park.  6 balls later he ran away!  I did the mom thing and logged into my son's account and wouldn't you know, I caught it on the first ball!.  A while later, I had walked enough to finally evolve my Charmander!

This afternoon at work, back in my son's account again (catching in a Pony) and a rat turned into another Ditto!  Quickly logged into my account and finally was able to catch a Ditto for myself.

I have hatched 9 eggs since the new release (all but 2 were new) and not one Gen 2 pokemon yet.

I didn't know that some of the pokemon from generation 1 could evolve into gen 2 and laters, except for the Eevies, so I have been ignoring all sorts of 'mons it might have been nice to stock up on. I mentioned all the Onixes near where I work and my son told me they evolve into Steelix. ::bang:  . I could have had over 100 candies easily if I had been catching them. (I had stopped catching everything extra, no pidgeys or rats even, until the Dittos started appearing.)

I made a list, and thought I'd share it for the others like me who don't have all 7 gens memorized. (I included Togepi since it's now (supposedly)available)

zubat 169. Crobat
Togepi 176. Togetic
Oddish 182. Bellossom
poliwag 186. Politoed
Eevie 196. Espeon
Eevie 197. Umbreon
Slowpoke 199. Slowking
Onix 208. Steelix
Scyther 212. Scizor
Horsea 230. Kingdra
Polygon 233. Porygon2
Hitmon 237. Hitmontop
Chancey 242. Blissey
Magnemite 462. Magnezone
Lickitung 463. Lickilicky
Rhyhorn 464. Rhyperior
Electrobuzz 466. Electrovire
Eevie 470. Leafeon
Eevie 471. Glaceon
Porygon 474. Porygon-Z
Togepi 468. Togekiss
Eevie 700. Sylveon

Togetic is definitely available, it just requires a lot of walking and/or egg-hatching luck in order to get at this point. It's 5km per candy as a buddy :(

Still holding out for a Christmas event! I haven't had chance to play much lately, but I have been powering up my Venusaur (despite the Moveset) because I don't think I'll have chance to get another High IV Bulbasaur any time soon. Tomorrow and Saturday will probably be my last chances, anyway, and there's no chance I'll get 100+ candy over two days. 

Also, I really need to go for a walk over to the other side of this town. That's where all the Valor gyms are. I have two gyms that I can collect from daily at the moment, but more would be awesome.