Leap

Pokemon Go: Generation 2

358 posts in this topic

So no double XP or candy for New Year's but they are adding to the Christmas event.

From December 25th to January 3rd:

- PokeStops will give out a single-use Incubator every day, once a day.

- You will now find new eggs that have a greater chance of hatching the Gen 2 Pokémon that Niantic introduced into the game earlier this month, Togepi, Pichu, etc.

- Santa Hat Pikachu will stay around longer than the 29th, when he was supposed to disappear initially. He will also appear more often.

December 30th to January 8th

- The original starters, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmadner, and their evolutions will appear more frequently throughout the world.

- Lures will now last sixty minutes instead of thirty during this period.

Article from Forbes

So I guess I can pop that lucky egg and dump all the garbage I have been collecting in addition to getting the handful of new evolves I've been saving up.  

I've never actually even seen a Squirtle so that'll be nice.  The other two I have nearly enough coins to get the first evolution (and I nabbed a wild Charmander for the first time ever this week) so it'll be nice to see more of the little guys.

Speaking of Onyxes, Lany, I've only ever seen one, at least I caught it?  Jax, the Mall seems like downtown Athens., there are places where one 360 degree sweep would show you a hundred, hundreds? of the things.  My area is nothing to complain about but I wish I had the opportunity to get downtown more often.

I did a lucky egg the other day and got 41K, it kept freezing up though so I didn't finish.  I did another one yesterday (I still have one saved up) and got another 43K so despite not actually playing for a few days I'm 76 grand into level 27.

It was a bad week for eggs with me, two Ekans and a Meowth from 5K eggs until I hatched a 10K yesterday and got my first Lapras.  It isn't all the good a one but that's OK.  I'm hoping to get out at some point today to hatch the ones I have cooking so I can get some of the holiday eggs in the queue.  

I have hatched 15 eggs since the start of the gen 2 babies.  Not one of the was a new pokemon (not new to me or gen 2)

Out walking with my boys on Christmas, and my son had 4 eggs hatch at once ("geez mom, what did you do?") and of course one of them was an igglypuf. I swear I am pokecursed. :lol: 

I am going to by the Verizon store tomorrow to see if they can help me with my phone.  It has gotten so bad that I'm scrolling through my pokemons and it shuts down.  I don't know what to do. I've deleted every other app, disabled most of the pre-loaded apps, got a sd card and moved the game onto it. It is so frustrating. I can't tell you how long it takes me to walk anywhere. I had to stop to reboot between here and our local pond, just 1/2 mile. 

They really shouldn't have had such a good Halloween event if they were going to bring such an underwhelming christmas event. My expectations were much higher than what they delivered, for now, my interest is very low, maybe it will pick up again when the holidays are over and I'm out and about more.

Been travelling and busy for the holidays...barely played at all the last few days...

Need to get somewhere to take advantage...

Haven't had chance to really play for a good week or so, but with the event I had 4 incubators today. Going for a fairly brief walk to the pub was really quite rewarding. I even hatched a Bulbasaur, unfortunately today is also the day the nests change, so I don't have enough bulbasaur candy to get another Venusaur. But there's also the other event! So I don't really know what to expect. 

Anyway, I can't say the holiday event has blown me away, but an incubator a day is nothing to be sniffed at. Also, there may well be another New Years event. 

I hatched an Elekid and Igglypuff. I'm not getting many eggs from my squalid Pokestops. 50k away from level 30.

I've got the extra incubators, but I haven't seen any starters in the wild since the dates above, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I've also been using the Apple Watch app now that that's been released, and it seems a good addition. It notifies you about Pokemon appearing and when you get near a Pokestop,  and even lets you get the items from the stop ( you still need your phone to catch any wild Pokemon it tells you about). It also notifies you when your buddy gets a candy or when an egg hatches, but annoyingly it doesn't tell you what was in the egg.

Turns out that I may have damaged my phone when I fell a while back. I mean, I knew I cracked the screen and smashed the top section a bit, but didn't realize I might have done some internal damage.  Whatever it was I did to it, is causing it to be super slow and shut down any programs I'm using after just a few minutes.

So I broke down and have ordered myself a better (refurbished) phone. I'll have it on Saturday.  Can't wait to see if I can get further than 1/2 a mile without it shutting down. :)

In other news, I am up to 21 eggs hatched since the gen 2 release, and still not a single new (or new to me) pokemon. *sigh* I need to travel/visit some different areas so I can get different eggs or something.

Good luck, Lany, I hope it works out for you!  In related Lany news, I hatched an Onix today so my junky one (one of my first ever) has some company.  

It's been hit and miss with my eggs this week.  I got another Ekans out of a 5K egg today but Mashiara hatched me a baby Jynx yesterday out of a 10K.  I saw Squirtles in the wild today and actually caught one of four, my first ever.

I got into three gyms this morning and collected from four.  I had to recapture one on the way home though.  I got booted from all save one, including the one I had been in for a couple of days.  Including hatched eggs I collected 11,000 in dust and am over half way to level 28 now.  I have 60 km to go to get enough candy to evolve my Poliwhirl, I never see them so decided I'd just walk the damn thing.

I hatched a Togepi from a 5K egg this morning so with the Smoochum that Mashiara hatched I think I have all the babies now. :)

For all my talk of quitting, I still turn it on every now and then. Just now, a Charizard was chilling in my living room. Naturally, I was out of balls, so I bought twenty. I hit 19 but he escaped them all :D Must say though, that I find this a lot less frustrating than throwing 3-5 at every Pidgey..

I got a new phone and it is so AMAZING!  I drove through "historic downtown" and was able to get every pokestop and ignore every pidgey and rat without the game quitting on me.  I am so excited.  I can't wait to go to Poke-park (of course it's raining today, so no walking at lunch)

I also hatched a Cleffa and a Smoochum. YAY!

And Charmander seems to be hanging out by the pond near my house. Caught 2 of 4 I've seen there. Bulbasaur was in the McD's drive-thru this morning and also around the corner at the water tower. Maybe they'll be there tomorrow too. (I drive through a lot of parking lots :P )

Lots of Charmanders around here as well.  There was a Charizard at a nearby stop this morning but I wasn't about to get dressed and chase after the thing.  I've seen quite a few Bulbasaurs as well, stinking things are hard to catch!  I evolved one into an Ivysaur this afternoon.After never seeing one ever until this week I've managed to catch enough Squirtles to get the first evolve on a good one.

I think the increased starter spawns only lasts a few more days, so make the most of it! :P I think it's proportional to what we already had though (i.e. I'm seeing lots of Squirtle, irregular Bulbasaur and I've only seen a few Charmander). 

Haven't had much chance to play over the holidays though. 

Hatched a second Clefa and a second Larpas and now have 80 candies towards my Venusaur (only 47 towards Blastoise and just 17 towards Chraizard. Might manage to get enough Bulbasaurs this week, but I doubt I'll get enough of the others.  Stupid work is interfering with my hunting time :P )

I'm so far behind...

Something must've changed with regard to the eggs, I used to never see any 10k eggs but recently I've found four. Of course, they cointained Aerodactyl, Hitmonlee, Hitmonlee and Jynx, but still.

On 1/4/2017 at 1:13 PM, Mikael said:

Something must've changed with regard to the eggs, I used to never see any 10k eggs but recently I've found four. Of course, they cointained Aerodactyl, Hitmonlee, Hitmonlee and Jynx, but still.

I would love to have those eggs! (except the Jynx)

Caught a Charazard today and evolved a Venasaur. I think Blastoise is a lost cause. I am up to 123 pokemons now. I don't have anyone left who would be easily evolved. My top one (fewest candies needed to evolve) is 18 and needs 3k of walking per candy.  it might be a while before I get any more new 'mons

I really want a Charizard, but I only find the other two starters. Curly Turtle is cute but Flower Face is super lame. In my day you were ostracised for life If you picked Bulbasaur.