MLB Offseason: Countdown to 2124

Myshkin

15 hours ago, Ghjhero said:

Does anyone know of a way to livestream the WBC? I'm currently at college where we don't get MLBN and I'm trying to find a way to work around that.

I do, but it's not entirely legal.

More results: 

Pool A:

Israel 15, Taipei 7

Netherlands 5, Korea 0

Pool B: 

Japan 11, Cuba 6

Pool A is certainly surprising. Looks like Israel, in their first WBC, is gonna advance, while Korea, who had to have been the heavy favorite in this pool, is probably gonna be eliminated.

3 hours ago, Myshkin said:

I do, but it's not entirely legal.

More results: 

Pool A:

Israel 15, Taipei 7

Netherlands 5, Korea 0

Pool B: 

Japan 11, Cuba 6

Pool A is certainly surprising. Looks like Israel, in their first WBC, is gonna advance, while Korea, who had to have been the heavy favorite in this pool, is probably gonna be eliminated.

Is Ian Kinsler playing for Israel? 

8 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Is Ian Kinsler playing for Israel? 

The Israelis overcame gigantic odds just to reach the WBC, defeating Brazil, Great Britain and Pakistan in qualifying play to earn the tournament’s final spot. They entered the tourney ranked 14th among 16 teams in ESPN.com’s WBC power rankings, and with good reason: Israel’s roster is comprised mostly of minor leaguers and doesn’t include prominent Jewish Major League Baseball stars like Ryan Braun, Ian Kinsler and Joc Pederson.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/03/heres-whos-on-team-israel-which-shocked-korea-in-world-baseball-classic/

14 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The Israelis overcame gigantic odds just to reach the WBC, defeating Brazil, Great Britain and Pakistan in qualifying play to earn the tournament’s final spot. They entered the tourney ranked 14th among 16 teams in ESPN.com’s WBC power rankings, and with good reason: Israel’s roster is comprised mostly of minor leaguers and doesn’t include prominent Jewish Major League Baseball stars like Ryan Braun, Ian Kinsler and Joc Pederson.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/03/heres-whos-on-team-israel-which-shocked-korea-in-world-baseball-classic/

Imagine if Braun, Kinsler and Pederson were on the team?

The WBC is Canada's time to shine. We can sit back and shake our heads at all y'all's silly 19th century ideas of nationalism/patriotism while quietly assuring ourselves that we'd stand a good chance in the tournament if we ever regressed socially.

12 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Imagine if Braun, Kinsler and Pederson were on the team?

And take a roster spot from the Vice President of Programming at City Winery? I think not!

Pool A:

Israel 4, Netherlands 2. Both these teams are advancing, but this gives Israel the top seed.

Korea 11, Taipei 8. Both of these teams are going home, but Korea can at least say they won a game.

Pool B:

Australia mercy rules China, 11-0.

The darling of this tournament, Israel, and the darling of tournaments past, Netherlands, are looking kinda screwed next round, as they'll most likely be sharing Pool E with Japan and Cuba.

Pool B: 

Cuba 4, Australia 3

Japan 7, China 1

Pool C:

D.R. 9, Canada 2

Pool D:

Italy 10, Mexico 9

As expected, Japan and Cuba advance from Pool B, though Australia made it close.

Archived