College Basketball - Year of the Blue Bloods?

RedEyedGhost

6 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

You jinxed your boys.

I'm not super superstitious, at least when it comes to rooting for sports.. Didn't see the game, but losing by one on the road in a conf game......well, it happens. No big deal. We gotta beat the Big boys to win the conf. I don't see us falling apart from this. We're good. There won't be a team in the country the doesn't take a bad loss (isn't TTU 12-2).

17 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

The nation can breathe easily again, Grayson Allen is no longer suspended.  I'm sure that one game break was just the thing he needed to cure him of his dreadful sportsmanship. 

Think he'd be playing if they didn't get worked by V. Tech the other day?  Usually when you hear an indefinite suspension it's longer than one game. Oh well, not really surprised.

11 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

The nation can breathe easily again, Grayson Allen is no longer suspended.  I'm sure that one game break was just the thing he needed to cure him of his dreadful sportsmanship. 

Yeah, I'm really disappointed in them - recovering from a sore back takes longer than he was suspended for.  Glad they played the way they did last night, but his ass shouldn't have even been on the bench for it.

15 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Think he'd be playing if they didn't get worked by V. Tech the other day?  Usually when you hear an indefinite suspension it's longer than one game. Oh well, not really surprised.

I had a feeling 'indefinite' would be changed to one game after getting waxed by Tech. I didn't see if Coach K spoke about lifting the suspension so soon, but it's convenient that he won't have to keep answering to it since he's going to be gone for at least 4 weeks with his back surgery. Laughable.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:00 AM, Ramsay B. said:

Diallo picks Kentucky over Uconn. That was my last hope of anything positive happening for this team this year. 

Its a small measure of the crushing despair you deserve for robbing us of two championships!  Honestly.  We'd be sitting at 10 titles right now and the wannabes out in Westwood would be quaking in their boots.  This is what you deserve!!!!!!

;) 

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Its a small measure of the crushing despair you deserve for robbing us of two championships!  Honestly.  We'd be sitting at 10 titles right now and the wannabes out in Westwood would be quaking in their boots.  This is what you deserve!!!!!!

;) 

I looked thru UK's schedule and I'm trying to find even one SEC game where you will be challenged. Not seeing it, unless South Carolina goes full Frank Martin ball and bores y'all to death. Otherwise it looks like wholesale slaughter.  

Missed watching a few games due to being in England for 3 weeks, but I am back now and ready for some roundball.  Caught the TCU game Saturday - was closer than the final indicated but WVU pretty much controlled the game.  I think this team is better than last year in some ways, definitely a better shooting team, but the bench isn't as deep which may blunt the cumulative effect of 40 minutes of the press.  

Anyway, really hoping for WVU to knock off Baylor in Morgantown tomorrow.  That'd make my week.  

I'll also be going to the WVU @ UT game this weekend.  As usual, I have watched the Longhorns a good bit too.  Been a WVU fan long enough to know nothing is a foregone conclusion ... but I admit I have been licking my chops at the prospect of the young Longhorns facing WVU's defense since I first saw Texas play this year.  I think we are gonna eat them alive.

2 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I looked thru UK's schedule and I'm trying to find even one SEC game where you will be challenged. Not seeing it, unless South Carolina goes full Frank Martin ball and bores y'all to death. Otherwise it looks like wholesale slaughter.  

I think @ Florida would give us a potential challenge.  Otherwise, I tend to agree; we'll have to be playing really poorly while the other team is out of their mind to lose a conference game.  Its one reason why I have really come around on the out of conference match-up with Kansas in mid conference season.  We need someone that can really push us.

1 hour ago, S John said:

Missed watching a few games due to being in England for 3 weeks, but I am back now and ready for some roundball.  Caught the TCU game Saturday - was closer than the final indicated but WVU pretty much controlled the game.  I think this team is better than last year in some ways, definitely a better shooting team, but the bench isn't as deep which may blunt the cumulative effect of 40 minutes of the press.  

Anyway, really hoping for WVU to knock off Baylor in Morgantown tomorrow.  That'd make my week.  

I'll also be going to the WVU @ UT game this weekend.  As usual, I have watched the Longhorns a good bit too.  Been a WVU fan long enough to know nothing is a foregone conclusion ... but I admit I have been licking my chops at the prospect of the young Longhorns facing WVU's defense since I first saw Texas play this year.  I think we are gonna eat them alive.

I'm with you there.  I thought Butler would give Nova a game and now I'm eyeing this game for Baylor. 

I still can't believe we're living in a world where Scott Drew is the coach of the number one team in the country.  :stunned: 

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

;) 

You're still mean bullies! Kicking us while we're down.

I heard that Diallo visited Uconn when they got trounced by Houston to a half empty XL Center(why they wouldn't want him to visit a Storrs game is beyond me). Then he saw you guys play in an awesome atmosphere. Obviously I have no idea if this decided things for him but it sure didn't help our cause.

Big Game tonight!!!! Time to take a #1 down! Guess what? We had a wind storm and my Directtv will not get a signal....I've tried everything. This game, the National Championship and no f'n TV!!!! Guess I'll have to go to my sisters, but just wanted to enjoy at home. Anyway, Lets Go Eers'!

ETA: lol, games tomorrow, solves that problem. I can watch NC on WatchESPN. Relief.

56 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Newly minted number one Baylor is a seven point dog at WVU tonight.

:lol: 

And the DirectTv service tech has already been here!!!!!! Now, a 6er of Heineken and some wings from my buddy's bar and we're all set. The Coliseum will be rocking tonight, that I know. Now, IF we win, I hope and pray we do not storm the court. But, I give the changes of that happening if we do win at .000001%. Unfortunately, we will not act like we belong.

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

And the DirectTv service tech has already been here!!!!!! Now, a 6er of Heineken and some wings from my buddy's bar and we're all set. The Coliseum will be rocking tonight, that I know. Now, IF we win, I hope and pray we do not storm the court. But, I give the changes of that happening if we do win at .000001%. Unfortunately, we will not act like we belong.

While I also hope we don't storm the court, I would be very happy if that is what I'm worried about at the end of the game.  

Archived