College Basketball - Year of the Blue Bloods?

RedEyedGhost

32 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Indeed. Felt good about it all day. This team has totally embraced Huggy and Press Virginia. With my schedule I don't get to see many games. But, when Myles got T'd up for hanging on the rim and you could lip read Huggy saying, "This isn't about you!", just reinforces why I love the guy so much. I think we're more talented and deeper than last year. I like our chances against anyone. A good, poised backcourt is our poison though.

ETA: I knew they would storm, can't help themselves. Oh well.

That was a weak T though.  Honestly I see other teams do that all the time.  He did a little pull up but didn't hang.  

Grayson gonna Grayson.  It's like he was grown in a lab to be the "perfect" Duke player.

1 hour ago, S John said:

That was a weak T though.  Honestly I see other teams do that all the time.  He did a little pull up but didn't hang.  

Doing a little pull up will get a T every time.  Hanging on the rim rarely does.

Maybe Coach K will make him do dishes this time.

In other news, Kentucky hangs on at a scrappy Vandy to win by 6.  I'll chalk that up to playing in the weirdest arena ever conceived.  We've struggled there as long as I can remember, so I'll take the W.

Good day in basketball all around... the Strippers beat the Trippers in the asteroid game, Notre Dame got really crafty in the final minutes to save their win, UNC held off (a probably/slightly over-ranked) Florida State at home for the win, and Kentucky beat the Bruce Pearl Auburn Tigers.

I really like Bruce Pearl and what he does except when we're playing against him, but I'm glad he's in the SEC and I was impressed by his team today.  I think he's good for the conference and within another year or two they will be contenders.

Pitino's weird take on Grayson:  "I think it's a reflex, like someone throwing an elbow, because he's a highly, highly intelligent young man, so why would you do it?" Pitino said of Allen's incidents. "I think he's a terrific young man who made a mistake, made three of them. I think it's a reflex action, when he does something wrong, he'll lunge out or trip someone out."

9 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Pitino's weird take on Grayson:  "I think it's a reflex, like someone throwing an elbow, because he's a highly, highly intelligent young man, so why would you do it?" Pitino said of Allen's incidents. "I think he's a terrific young man who made a mistake, made three of them. I think it's a reflex action, when he does something wrong, he'll lunge out or trip someone out."

Someone who instinctively trips people as a reflex to making mistakes? Sounds like terrific young man indeed lol

10 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

If there's one thing Pitino knows, it's making the same stupid mistake over and over...

12 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Are we calculating our prediction based on common sense or the Grayson Allen Indefinite Suspension Theorem?

More along the lines of it takes three Duke losses to equal one loss from any lesser program.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Because we definitely needed a reminder that Kentucky cleans house recruiting.:bawl: 

What's more distressing is looking at all those championships UK has in those four years.  How will college basketball ever survive this recruiting juggernaut????

On 1/16/2017 at 7:09 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

What's more distressing is looking at all those championships UK has in those four years.  How will college basketball ever survive this recruiting juggernaut????

One more than Kansas has. ;) 

Archived