College Basketball - Year of the Blue Bloods?

RedEyedGhost

This week, for the first time since 1994, the six teams  commonly referred to as CBB bluebloods are all ranked in the top 10. 

And now I just want to share how awesome Josh Jackson is with all of you.  Same play three different angles.  I have a feeling he'll end up being my favorite of our one and dones.

TJ Leaf named player of the week which is apparently something that happened for Lonzo Ball already.  Man, Alford saved his own ass with these two.  

15 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Single-game tickets for KU-UK @Rupp go on sale tomorrow... wish me luck getting in the lower arena!  

:lol:   Good luck.

My understanding is that there were a handful available the day before the UCLA game, but that it was something to do with the fact that they had set some aside for the football program and they didn't all get used.

5 minutes ago, Rhom said:

My understanding is that there were a handful available the day before the UCLA game, but that it was something to do with the fact that they had set some aside for the football program and they didn't all get used.

For the Kansas game? WTF?

4 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

For the Kansas game? WTF?

No, I'm saying there were UCLA tickets available the day before the game; but they only became available at the last minute because football didn't use their entire allotment.

57 minutes ago, Rhom said:

No, I'm saying there were UCLA tickets available the day before the game; but they only became available at the last minute because football didn't use their entire allotment.

Ah, gotcha.  Yeah that happens quite often

Washington is getting steamrolled by Gonzaga.  How the fuck does Romar still have a freaking job?  I'm guessing it's the NBA logic, potential, potential, potential.  Romar certainly can bring in talent, he just can't do a damn thing with them.  And he's probably safe for another year because he's got next year's #1 recruit signed and his dad as an assistant coach.  I'm really hoping he sucks so much this year that Washington has no choice but to fire him, and Porter is back on the market.  

still hoops, just on the other side of the gym.  UConn women get their 83rd consecutive win, taking down #2 Notre Dame.  Not too shabby for a team that was supposed to have a down year.  Their new big 3 weren't expected to step up like they have, looks like they might go for go for 5 in a row this year and of course have a killer recruiting class for next year as well.

1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

Louisville is giving away free red light bulbs for fans to show their support of Lamar Jackson for the Heisman... not the first time UofL has been home to the red light district. :)

I laughed

Gators have started out the season pretty well so far.  Still struggle to shoot the ball, but playing more guys than last year and still defending really well.  We've played Gonzaga and Duke pretty tough, and then won all the other games fairly easily.  Still don't get to play a true 'home' game for a couple weeks, but I think all this traveling will really help down the road.  The team has a noticeable chemistry right now, and I guess that's being formed by staying together in hotels all month. 

I think UF is a pure shooter away from being a dangerous tourney team, and as currently constructed we should be able to do well in SEC play this year.

Go Gators!

23 hours ago, Rhom said:

Bah, all the tickets are already gone, and they weren't even going on-sale to us normal folk until 5pm.  :crying:

Given my employer will pay for my tuition... I think I'll start taking one online gen-ed class each semester just to get a student id and squeeze into the student section.  Or I could just settle for watching us play bidirectional-state-U.  

13 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Washington is getting steamrolled by Gonzaga.  How the fuck does Romar still have a freaking job?  I'm guessing it's the NBA logic, potential, potential, potential.  Romar certainly can bring in talent, he just can't do a damn thing with them.  And he's probably safe for another year because he's got next year's #1 recruit signed and his dad as an assistant coach.  I'm really hoping he sucks so much this year that Washington has no choice but to fire him, and Porter is back on the market.  

Romar has coached 12 NBA Draft picks at UW since 2002. 9 were first rounders and 4 of those were lottery picks. That’s in addition to 3 guys who made the league without being drafted. So he’s coached 15 NBA players in about 15 years, and many of those players spent at least 2 years at UW playing basketball.

Yet he’s only made 6 NCAATs and his ceiling has been a S16 in all those years.

30 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Bah, all the tickets are already gone, and they weren't even going on-sale to us normal folk until 5pm.  :crying:

Given my employer will pay for my tuition... I think I'll start taking one online gen-ed class each semester just to get a student id and squeeze into the student section.  Or I could just settle for watching us play bidirectional-state-U.  

Sorry you missed out, but can't say I'm surprised.  Hard enough to get seats at Rupp for a named match as it is.  Trying to get them for the Kansas or UCLA games was always going to be a hard get.

There's always the secondary market if you're willing to drop the big bucks I suppose...

:bang:   What an idiot.  

The last time something like that happened (Mario Little) he was suspended for four week.  But honestly, I prefer the punishment that happened the time before that (CJ Giles), which was dismissal from the team.  I expect a suspension first, but once the facts all come out I won't be surprised if he's dismissed.  Hopefully he didn't actually do what he's accused of doing, but if he did, then I don't care what it does to our chances the rest of the year, he's got to go.  That goofy ass grin in his mugshot...

Great stats on Romar's time at UW, Rhom.  It's been a weird program.  Their best team was that Brandon Roy team that went to the 16 and barely lost a #1 UConn team at the end.  That team could have played with anyone had they advanced.  But UW has had very few teams anywhere close to being contenders despite having that steady pipeline of pro talent.  So far it looks like this year's team is another example with Fulks looking like he's on the fast track to the NBA but the team looking like it wants to flirt with .500.

Nice test for UCLA tonight hosting Michigan.  We'll see how they play now that they've shot up in the rankings.  ETA:  Dear God - Michigan is 12-17 (with a last second heave) and UCLA is 10-14 from 3 in the first half.  Never seen both teams so on fire from deep.

3 hours ago, Triskan said:

Great stats on Romar's time at UW, Rhom.  It's been a weird program.  Their best team was that Brandon Roy team that went to the 16 and barely lost a #1 UConn team at the end.  That team could have played with anyone had they advanced.  But UW has had very few teams anywhere close to being contenders despite having that steady pipeline of pro talent.  So far it looks like this year's team is another example with Fulks looking like he's on the fast track to the NBA but the team looking like it wants to flirt with .500.

“They were so ******* bad on defense. It was like they had never been coached,” a coach who has played the Huskies this season told NBCSports.com. “They had no plan.”

:stunned: 

Archived