College Basketball - Year of the Blue Bloods?

RedEyedGhost

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

However, he did tell me he bet 1K on the Cats...

:shocked: 

11 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Grayson Allen strikes again. This is definitely his last time doing something like this since he's matured so much. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18328405/duke-blue-devils-grayson-allen-receives-technical-tripping-elon-player

The halftime report after that one (the UK-UL halftime report) was freaking hilarious.  As was poor little Grayson's reaction on the bench.  He needs to be suspended, immediately.

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

However, he did tell me he bet 1K on the Cats...

:rofl:

That makes me feel so much better.  

So... well... um... UK lost.  Not entirely surprised.  Maybe this'll piss them off enough to learn that defense is half the game.  And to stop shooting ill-advised jump shots.  If I learned anything from Pitino's years here at UK, it was that you should never take a shot that isn't either 1) in the paint, or 2) outside the 3 point line.  I'd say well over half of UK's shots tonight were in the "don't shoot" zone in between those two.  Kudos to Louisville. 

12 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

:shocked: 

The halftime report after that one (the UK-UL halftime report) was freaking hilarious.  As was poor little Grayson's reaction on the bench.  He needs to be suspended, immediately.

Just saw it and it was pretty funny. Williams and Greenberg are absolutely right in their assessments.

I like how Allen was looking at his hand after the trip as if he was the one who was fouled, then he yells shit to the other team before going to the bench to have his temper tantrum. Then he cries to the media after. This kid is just an asshole. And I wish we can hear the conversation Coack K was having with the refs right after all of that, it was probably so classy.

ETA: Grayson suspended indefinitely. It's a start.

1 hour ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

LOL those Grayson memes. :lol:   What an ass. 

I can't wait to see what Monk & Co have in store for their SEC opener in a week.  :crying:  Yeah, can't wait...

Feels like we've been opening with Ole Miss a lot recently.  :dunno: 

All I know is that I am eternally grateful for Grayson Allen.  UK lost its first true road game and went 1-2 in its true big games pre-conference.  And no one is talking about it.  :lol:  Thanks to the Dookiest Dook who ever Dooked, all the talking heads can talk about today is the trippster.  :thumbsup: 

Just now, Rhom said:

All I know is that I am eternally grateful for Grayson Allen.  UK lost its first true road game and went 1-2 in its true big games pre-conference.  And no one is talking about it.  :lol:  Thanks to the Dookiest Dook who ever Dooked, all the talking heads can talk about today is the trippster.  :thumbsup: 

My buddy and I were talking about that earlier today. Allen is like an ultimate parody version of the omnipresent facepunchable Duke white guy. Like the ante has finally been upped to the point where the schtick isn't even believable anymore.

54 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

My buddy and I were talking about that earlier today. Allen is like an ultimate parody version of the omnipresent facepunchable Duke white guy. Like the ante has finally been upped to the point where the schtick isn't even believable anymore.

You know who would really benefit from this?

A team that was having their Notice of Allegations released today... maybe for the third time even... would be even crazier if that team were a natural rival of Duke.

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

You know who would really benefit from this?

A team that was having their Notice of Allegations released today... maybe for the third time even... would be even crazier if that team were a natural rival of Duke.

Crazy how that would work. If there were such a team.  :mellow:

A historic program. A fast paced entertaining style of ball.  Undefeated.

Averaging 8,000 fans per game.

This is why when I list consensus the top programs of all time, I stick them at the bottom of the group despite the gaudy title count.

Explain yourself @Triskan

Why aren't you bringing 12,000 morefriends to every game!

On 12/23/2016 at 6:33 PM, Rhom said:

Explain yourself @Triskan

It seems like a combination of things.  Partly it's the fickle LA fans with so many other options, and I expect them to get on board as league play gets going assuming the team stays hot.  It also seems like the students clear out quite a bit around the holidays, so when they play someone like Western Michigan around the break it's not looking good.  I went to the Kentucky game last year which was not sold out but close and then the Lafayette game a bit before Christmas which was only about half full.  Westwood is also notoriously hard to get to.  

But all of those explanations are excuses that would be laughed at elsewhere.  

On 12/22/2016 at 3:33 PM, Rhom said:

Feels like we've been opening with Ole Miss a lot recently.  :dunno: 

Laettner is sitting somewhere right now thinking, "motherfucker, I'm being out hated."

He deserves it - unfortunately he will be "recovered" by, latest, middle of February.  Now, I hope he does get actual help and it can get him to have more impulse control.  But until he can go (and I'm making this up just as an example) 40 minutes of someone bumping, banging, pulling and taking him out of his game without even blinking an eye then he stays off the competitive court.

Good thing Texas doesn't give a shit about basketball, because otherwise losing to a team that only shots 37.7% for the game and commits 21 turnovers might get the fanbase worried.  But hey, at least Texas was only outrebounded by 21. Wow, I mean, I really thought they were going to be a contender in the Big XII this year before the season started.

Archived