Spiderman: Homecoming

Rhom

Having Spidey make money by using Go-Pro could be an updated way of funding himself although he can't do it with a mask on.

That said with the Tony Stark connection from the outset it wouldn't make any sense for this version of Parker to be too worried about money.

I like how Favreau still acts within the MCU. I sometimes thought there'd maybe be bad blood after Iron Man 2 but it seems like they've kept a positive working relationship. So they should Favreau was essential to setting up the tone of the entire MCU.

3 hours ago, red snow said:

I like how Favreau still acts within the MCU. I sometimes thought there'd maybe be bad blood after Iron Man 2 but it seems like they've kept a positive working relationship. So they should Favreau was essential to setting up the tone of the entire MCU.

I do too.  He's great as Happy.

3 hours ago, Crazydog7 said:

Yeah should have been more specific Spider Man. 

Have you been living under a rock?  How did you not know about this?

How did you miss him in Civil War?!!? :stunned: 

Garfield was very unlucky in that the second film was terrible (I thought the first was ok) but he's my favourite Spidey on film. There's nothing wrong with the new guy but Garfield was the closest to how i'd imagine a real life version of the comic character would be. I also hope that with an entire film to prop up the new spidey won't be constantly stuck in earnest and "everything's so cool" mode. Because it would get tiring over 2 hours.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I thought Garfield was the better Spiderman, but the McGuire movies were better overall (except 3). Still waiting for them to get it just right. 

Right now I'm more looking forward to GotG2 than this, but that could change after the trailer.

Totally agree.  Garfield was a great Spider-Man.  I enjoyed the first Amazing Spider-Man quite a bit, but the second was an abysmal pile of shit.  I hated Maguire as Spidey, but the first two Raimi movies are both really good. 

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Totally agree.  Garfield was a great Spider-Man.  I enjoyed the first Amazing Spider-Man quite a bit, but the second was an abysmal pile of shit.  I hated Maguire as Spidey, but the first two Raimi movies are both really good. 

Garfield in Raimi's first two Spider-man films would have been great.

I have decent hopes for the Spidey film. Utilising the MCU will help and Spidey is one of those characters you have to try to make fail (although they have a good track record of that). Given Marvel's success with minor properties it seems incredibly hard to see how they'd drop the ball with this.

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Really wish they would have kept Garfield, he did an amazing job with the shit they gave him.  I'm not a fan of the new kid at all.

I'm with this.  I don't even think it would have taken much hand waving to make the ASM movies fit in the MCU.

Could easily pick up from there.

I do still wonder how much of an origin they'll give us in this one.  Obviously, no one needs an entire movie to show us that Peter gets bitten again.  Somehow we need to know this guy's background though.

Garfield was good but I can understand Marvel wanting to go with someone younger. This way hopefully Holland will still be playing the role ten years from now long after Evans and Downey Jr. have hung it up. 

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Garfield was good but I can understand Marvel wanting to go with someone younger. This way hopefully Holland will still be playing the role ten years from now long after Evans and Downey Jr. have hung it up. 

I can see why they needed the break. The MCU doesn't need the baggage from ASM2 so recasting was the only option. Holland could also play Spidey for the next 20 years depending on how long they plan on keeping the MCU continuity. Build him into a lynchpin of the MCU and they have some breathing space for the day when RDJR steps down.

I'm just happy it looks like they're not doing another origin story.  I find Spider-Man to be in the Batman camp where everyone knows how the fuck he got his powers (or in Batman's case his motivation) and if you're rebooting the franchise you can just gloss over that and get right to the good stuff.

23 hours ago, Crazydog7 said:

Oh God please not another one. 

+1

So long as its not another origin story I'll be at least sort of okay; the actor was pretty good in Civil War at least. But I can do without seeing Uncle Ben on screen again for the rest of my life.

Archived