Speculation on Future Tales of Dunk and Egg Novellas

All-Seeing Aye

On 12/8/2016 at 6:59 AM, All-Seeing Aye said:

-We don't know the exact year when Dunk joined the Kingsguard, nor the year when he became Lord Commander (the earliest date for which we know he’s in the Kingsguard is in 236 AC during the Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion, while he’s only confirmed to be Lord Commander in 259 AC as of now)

Barristan's White Book entry says:

Knighted in his 16th year by King Aegon V Targaryen, after performing great feats of prowess as a mystery knight in the winter tourney at King's Landing, defeating Prince Duncan the Small and Ser Duncan the Tall, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

On 12/8/2016 at 3:26 PM, Lord Corlys Velaryon said:

how does having the 2nd BfR in 211AC mess up the timeline?

Have a look here, here and here.

On 12/8/2016 at 3:26 PM, Lord Corlys Velaryon said:

Dunk & Young Nan = all but confirmed canon, imo. I wonder if it's possible Artos' Brandon was the one Young Nan came to Winterfell (or at least he was an early client of hers as it were), particularly as that would mean that Lysara (Karstark) would've died giving birth to him & also that he had a twin named Benjen ... It may even be that there was some other as yet unknown Brandon too. But yes, most likely Willam's Brandon - what's the potential timeline problem there though?

The potential problem is caused by Willam maybe not being old enough to have fathered a child (Brandon) in 213 AC (or whenever the story takes place). Have a look in that thread.

5 minutes ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

Knighted in his 16th year by King Aegon V Targaryen, after performing great feats of prowess as a mystery knight in the winter tourney at King's Landing, defeating Prince Duncan the Small and Ser Duncan the Tall, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Good eye. 

I noticed one of my threads have been linked in regards to uncertainty over Willam Starks son Brandon being Nans Brandon. 

I wholeheartedly believe there is no doubt whatsoever that Willams 1st marriage produced Brandon. Lyanne died and so Nan needed to step in to nurse the boy. 

Willam re married to Mel which continued his line and pumped some fresh Blackwood blood into the line also. 

I would stake money on Willams Brandon being the boy nursed by Nan though.

Here are both timeline parts I did. By no means Canon and they were done ages ago and may need looked at again. God I bet they are sloppily done, from my Forum early posting days. 

If timelines interest anybody though they are below.

Somewhere in between the two of these is an exact date that Brandon was born from Lyanne Glover and Willam Stark. 

On 12/9/2016 at 11:01 AM, The Wondering Wolf said:

Excellent catch, I'd completely missed that.  So with Barristan being born in 236 AC or 237 AC Dunk would be Lord Commander at the earliest (so far) around 252/253 AC.

Archived