Darkstar is def innocent

Jadakiss

Jadakiss. 

You will soon fade from this forum with that attitude. 

Enjoy it while it lasts, because one day, when you copy and paste your favourite youtubers latest theory, it will slide down the ranks rapidly because everybody will just swerve your BS and general nasty attitude. 

See you around, or not lol.

5 hours ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

I think he did it, and I think he wants war with the Lannister/Tyrell alliance. I think the mystery is why? 

Exactly, exactly, exactly. There's already enough mystery around Darkstar's motives, backers, alliances, etc without introducing a swordsman on the sandy knoll. 

6 minutes ago, Trigger Warning said:

I'm pretty sure one of the guards aiming at a group of people would notice someone slash at a girl with a sword and ride away. 

Another good point. How would anyone hack half the face off somebody, then stand about with an innocent expression on his face? Also, why would Darkstar run? 

2 minutes ago, Trigger Warning said:

I'm pretty sure one of the guards aiming at a group of people would notice someone slash at a girl with a sword and ride away. 

You are right but let's not forget that it was PJ the one *created* this thing. Logic and text have no place in his spawns.

7 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

If there is no smoke, it's impossible (afaik)  for there to be a traditional oxygen driven fire. And yes Doran might trust Areo to keep his mouth shut. That's irrelevant as we have access to his internal monologue. 

You and I don't seem to see smoke in the same places. But do keep in mind I'm speaking of possibilities. Unlike the OP I haven't said any of this is definite one way or the other. Until the series is finished we don't know what all GRRM is going to throw at us.

6 minutes ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

And I also agree that anything spawned by PJ doesn't deserve the time it takes to read it. If I'd known I was clicking on a thread about his nonsense I'd have steered clear. 

To be fair, I think he just does the same thing as many people, including some on the forum, of seeing plots inside plots inside plots, which if they were taken to their logical conclusions would mean 99% of the readership wouldn't have a clue what's going on. It's a symptom of waiting ages for the next book. 

Just now, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

To be fair, I think he just does the same thing as many people, including some on the forum, of seeing plots inside plots inside plots, which if they were taken to their logical conclusions would mean 99% of the readership wouldn't have a clue what's going on. It's a symptom of waiting ages for the next book. 

I've gotten into it a few times with him, and on a personal level he's a very unpleasant rude man.  But yeah I also think his theories are nonsense.  I mean yes, a lot of peoples theories are nonsense. But I find that coupled with his arrogance and rudeness, I simply don't have any respect for that. you know. 

40 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

With that being the case, Preston wouldn't be so disliked. But I can't shake the impression that Preston doesn't seek the truth, he seeks complication. Every theory of his (that was presented on this forum, at least - I'm not familiar with the complete works of Preston Jacobs) has this in common: convoluted trumps simple. Multi-sided baby swap is better than Jon just being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. And he (or his disciples) forces it, not afraid to outright manufacture evidence, as with the recent "dragon hatching is triggered by a Targ gene tied to the X-chromosome" hit.

7 hours ago, Jadakiss said:

hey dude guess what. I work together with him and that latest vid was my writing. Message me and I will show you an old post from months ago of me saying the same thing

If you already surmised the gist of your OP a while ago, why would you have written "just put it all together", as it clearly says? That sounds like a very recent realization to me, one that's quite convenient in timing to the release of a certain video I saw yesterday, before I read your post. You're making yourself look foolish, and disrespecting people in the process, grow up.

1 hour ago, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

If you already surmised the gist of your OP a while ago, why would you have written "just put it all together", as it clearly says? That sounds like a very recent realization to me, one that's quite convenient in timing to the release of a certain video I saw yesterday, before I read your post. You're making yourself look foolish, and disrespecting people in the process, grow up.

Also I am sorry for saying that but why is someone proud enough to *create* those things that PJ's presents as theories?

4 hours ago, LordImp said:

The question is why did Darkstar attack Myrcella? 

Because he is smart.

He knew the best and surest way to war, but was not willing to fight Arianne about it. Her way could work as well after all. And killing children is not pleasant.

Then, when it was all over and they have been cornered, he knew that there was still one way to get what they all wanted (that is - war with the throne and vengeance for Red viper and Elia).

Of course, Arianne didn´t really want that, but her birthright - but since she is like Doran with teats and doesn´t confide in people he didn´t knew that.

9 hours ago, Protagoras said:

Because he is smart.

He knew the best and surest way to war, but was not willing to fight Arianne about it. Her way could work as well after all. And killing children is not pleasant.

Then, when it was all over and they have been cornered, he knew that there was still one way to get what they all wanted (that is - war with the throne and vengeance for Red viper and Elia).

Of course, Arianne didn´t really want that, but her birthright - but since she is like Doran with teats and doesn´t confide in people he didn´t knew that.

I don't think he gives a sh*t about vengeance for anyone. I think his reply to Myrcella when asked about the Sword of the Morning reveals his true motives. " Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night".  

I think he attacked her to start a war in which the Martells will have to rely on him and his troops/martial ability to lead men. Maybe he pictures himself as the next Oberyn? He wants to make a name for himself and distance himself from Arthur Dayne and all that hype. There could be a hidden motive, he strikes me as an opportunist similar to Littlefinger, Aurune Waters and Euron but that's just an assumption. 

I think he did cut Myrcella in hopes of starting a war, but in reality, would the Iron Throne really invade Dorne if some rogue noble shunned by the rest of the realm killed her? If the Martells denied involvement and captured Darkstar there's not really much Cersei could do? She has a disorganised force, the Ironborn in the Reach, Stannis in the North and mercenaries in the Stormlands. Invading Dorne would never be a feasible option, which makes me wonder if Darkstar had a hidden motive.. 

Also, I know its off topic, but does anyone think Darkstar and Swann might have met and fought already? No evidence for this but why would Darkstar hide from just Swann (and a few guards maybe?) if he has his own castle and men in Dorne?

Archived