What was Rickon, Osha, and Smalljon doing through S4-5?

Stannis is the man....nis

On 1/15/2017 at 4:52 PM, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

The whole situation is dumb and makes no sense. The North was a mess this year. I refuse to believe that the Greatjon could raise someone who'd even think of betraying Rickon like that. Given that everything else in that reddit leak was true, it sucks that D&D make decisions like that because "Seeing Tormund fight Smalljon would look cool."

I refuse to think Ned Stark would raise someone like Sansa who would let her girlish lust of the Prince who treated her brothers and sisters like shit allow her to betray her father's wishes and alert the Queen to his plans. But here we are. People aren't perfect.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

I refuse to think Ned Stark would raise someone like Sansa who would let her girlish lust of the Prince who treated her brothers and sisters like shit allow her to betray her father's wishes and alert the Queen to his plans. But here we are. People aren't perfect.

I get the impression that he didn't play much of a role in raising the girls, hence his trouble in King's Landing. Child rearing seemed rather gender oriented. Mom and Septa teach the ladies how to lady. Dad and Maester teach the lads how to lord and such. With Cat as a role model, I could see how Sansa ended up how she was. Cat's hate for Jon was the primary reason for Sansa's ignoring his existence. It's also hard to compare the actions of a scared teenager to a grown man. 

Just now, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

I get the impression that he didn't play much of a role in raising the girls, hence his trouble in King's Landing. Child rearing seemed rather gender oriented. Mom and Septa teach the ladies how to lady. Dad and Maester teach the lads how to lord and such. With Cat as a role model, I could see how Sansa ended up how she was. Cat's hate for Jon was the primary reason for Sansa's ignoring his existence. It's also hard to compare the actions of a scared teenager to a grown man. 

Personally I just think in this series it's kinda naive to believe that because someone had a good father they will turn out good themselves. Or that because there is a stereotype about a group of people that it will hold true. It's just not very in line with how GRRM does thing. 

Ramsey and Roose are both evil. But Roose is far more cold, calculating, and efficient towards his goals. Ramsay is all Id to his detriment. 

Ned was a guy who would do the right thing in spite of himself to his peril. His brother and best friend were both notorious hot headed womanizers. His son betrayed an oath of marriage because he got an enemies daughter pregnant, his daughter betrayed the family, his other daughter is becoming a wandering murderer. 

Cat and Lysa couldn't be any different despite being raised by the same father. Who was considered a good man. 

Jamie and Cersie are nothing like Tywin. Joff, Myrcella, and Tommen are nothing like any of their parents. 

Rheagar was nothing like the maniac Aerys was. 

It goes on and on. 

Archived