Will it come to war between North and Daenerys?

LordImp

Do you think that close to the end of the series the northernes led by Jon Snow will march south to prevent Dany from conquering the North? Only this time the King in the North will not bend the knee to the dragonlord. 

A possible scenario i see is that North deal with the Others all by them self . And Dany after dealing Aegon and possibly Euron in the south will decide to conquer the North. This will lead to a battle between Jon and Daenerys on the Trident. Maybe even Jon teams up or takes controll of the Others and uses them against Dany and her dragons. Ice vs fire. 

We have Danys dream where she melts the Usurpers forces at the Trident. And the Starks are the " Usurpers dogs" . Of course the usurper could also refer to Stannis . The usurper could also be Aegon if it indeed becomes war between those two. 

Or will Jon and Dany team up to defeat the Others? Jon holding the Others at bay at Winterfell until Dany arrives with the dragons. 

Patchface foreshadows the ruse Stannis hints at in Theon, Winds...

We will march out of the sea and out again.

False news of Stannis's defeat and death will spread, but Stannis, backed by House Manderly and Rickon Stark, will defeat House Bolton and the Freys. Eventually, Stannis will march south to face Daenerys and Aegon. 

Stannis's host of Nothmen and Rivermen will array for battle at the Trident. Their numbers will be swollen by Northern childless and homeless men, unwed men, old men, and younger sons coming for war, for adventure and plunder, and for a glorious death to spare their kin beyond the Neck one more mouth to feed (just like Creegan Stark's host in the Dance of the Dragons).

And the northmen will be joined by the river lords still loyal to House Tully...

"Under the sea, men marry fishes." Patchface did a little dance step, jingling his bells. "They do, they do, they do."

Jon XIII, Dance

But not the Brackens...

Memories of ancient wrongs and bygone betrayals were not oft put aside by the lords of the Trident, whose enmities ran as deep as the rivers that watered their lands. Time and again, one or more of these riverlords would join with some invader against their own king; indeed, in some cases it was there very lords who brought the outsiders into the riverlands, offering them lands or gold or daughters for their help against familiar foes.

The Riverlands, TWOIAF

Daenerys will meet them...

That night she dreamt she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurpers rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent.

However, I think rather than burn this host she will take it for her own to fight Aegon. Recall how Stannis took Renly's power for his own...

"I beg you in the name of the Mother," Catelyn began when a sudden gust of wind flung open the door of the tent. She thought she glimpsed movement, but when she turned her head, it was only the king's shadow shifting against the silken walls. She heard Renly begin a jest, his shadow moving, lifting its sword, black on green, candles guttering, shivering, something was queer, wrong, and then she saw Renly's sword still in its scabbard, sheathed still, but the shadowsword . . .

"Cold," said Renly in a small puzzled voice, a heartbeat before the steel of his gorget parted like cheesecloth beneath the shadow of a blade that was not there. He had time to make a small thick gasp before the blood came gushing out of his throat.

Catelyn IV, Clash

We know that the North fought on the black side in the Dance of Dragons. And I seem to recall an SSM where the George said the North tended to be loyalist after Torrhen knelt (or perhaps it was a post by Ran). We know that Daenerys is going to slay the lie that is Stannis or his claim. Perhaps Drogo will remove Stannis and Daenerys will claim Stannis's forces the way Stannis claimed Renly's.

It were the black one, the man said, in a Ghiscari growl, the winged shadow. He come down from the sky and... and...

Daenerys I, Dance 2

"I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning . . . burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?"

Davos V, Storm 54

So, the north will follow Stannis south, but Daenerys will have Drogon melt Stannis's face and take the northmen for her own to defeat Aegon. 

I don’t see it. I believe that the humanity will fight united under the 3Headed Dragon’s leadership and they will win. I don’t believe that Dany will have any power left at the end in order to be a serious rival. The best she can hope in the end is to be alive and find the house with the red door.

Nope, no such thing will happen.

And if it did the North would be literally fried. I mean, right now it is 5,000 men under Roose against roughly the same number under Stannis' command. Many will die in the battles to come. And if the Northmen actually dealt with the Others all by themselves without any help from anybody (a ridiculous notion) then they should even lose more men.

Dany might lose men, too, but she is likely to have one of the largest army in the history of Martinworld once she finally arrives in Westeros. Some few hundred Northmen won't be a match against that.

Doubt it. Both Stannis and Jon know the Others are more important than anything else and so they aren't going to abandon the North to fight some rival claimant, nor would they team up with the Others for whatever crazy reason. 

Jon and Dany could team up to fight the Others, but Stannis and Dany wouldn't. 

48 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Nope, no such thing will happen.

And if it did the North would be literally fried. I mean, right now it is 5,000 men under Roose against roughly the same number under Stannis' command. Many will die in the battles to come. And if the Northmen actually dealt with the Others all by themselves without any help from anybody (a ridiculous notion) then they should even lose more men.

Absolutely. Regardless of which principal characters survive, the War for the Dawn should be the final act of ASOIAF, and as Amory noted near the shore of the God's Eye...

"By night all banners look black."

And as Tyrion noted on the eve of the battle of the Green Fork...

Dusk had settled, turning all the banners black.

Archived