Nominations and Ranking Thread 2016 (with results)

sweetsunray

2 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

@sweetsunray would it be possible for you to edit the OP to link to all of the posts so we could better read them? I'm on mobile and it's cumbersome for example. Thanks so much.

I'm really glad you put this post together. I really enjoyed reading these. I missed a lot.

1 minute ago, LmL said:

Yes, was going to mention this as well :)

The problem is that the OP would become too heavy to load, because it aren't just links. It has to load the frame and beginning of the OP post of that thread.

2 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

The problem is that the OP would become too heavy to load, because it aren't just links. It has to load the frame and beginning of the OP post of that thread.

NO, you can embed the links in a line of text, like this:

The Greatest Essay Ever Written - do it by highlighting the text you want ("The Greatest Essay Ever Written") and then press the link icon in the toolbar

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I've just completed the survey

Thank you :wub: And that goes for anyone who voted. I know the ranking of threads requires some catch-up reading (I had to as well), and not always on topics you might be naturally interested in. And some of those require concentrated reading with each and every post. So, thank you all who voted and intending to vote for the effort made!

All I can say is that for many categories the contest is far from decided.

13 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Thank you :wub: And that goes for anyone who voted. I know the ranking of threads requires some catch-up reading (I had to as well), and not always on topics you might be naturally interested in. And some of those require concentrated reading with each and every post. So, thank you all who voted and intending to vote for the effort made!

All I can say is that for many categories the contest is far from decided.

Thank you for your idea of the contest!

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Damn! You ratted me out ;):lol:

I just wanted a chance to bring Ned's Bones back to life :blink:

Ha, I too would like to thank all involved, great idea.  :cheers:

I've had fun reading old threads and new, although it was hard to separate some of them, so many good ones.  Anyway, my votes are in.  :) 

On 31.12.2016 at 2:06 AM, Cridefea said:

Ok, so apparently I can't make a choice.

two threads about the swords, I can't have enough of them.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/138636-lets-find-the-swords/ by @Curled Finger

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/143343-the-name-of-ice-house-starks-greatsword/ by @Jattack

One about parallelism with fairytales. Besides it contains many links of other threads. by @Fire Eater

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/143468-grrms-subverted-fairy-tales/

One about Obsidian by @SisterWithoutBanners

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/143505-obsidian-under-winterfell/

Can I add more links? are they too many? :P

Thank you so much for nominating me! Only saw this today, and I became so grateful :) I know my theories are not as grand and developed as many of the others that are nominated here, but more like afterthoughts that have come up after rereadings, but I appreciate this so much :D

30 minutes ago, SisterWithoutBanners said:

Thank you so much for nominating me! Only saw this today, and I became so grateful :) I know my theories are not as grand and developed as many of the others that are nominated here, but more like afterthoughts that have come up after rereadings, but I appreciate this so much :D

You're welcome! I like well written and developed essays/theories, but sometimes I prefer "afterthoughts" because I believe they could be more open to dialogues and  to new contributions.

Btw: Voted!!! :D Thanks @sweetsunray and @Harakiri , I really enjoyed it!!

It was really difficult because there were so many good theories/discussions!!! and as other posters have said, there were some categories where two or three threads were really close and the other positions were far away, and other categories where they were all really close. What do you think about a likert scale, next year? Could it be useful?

Archived