Nominations and Ranking Thread 2016 (with results)

sweetsunray

28 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

Btw: Voted!!! :D Thanks @sweetsunray and @Harakiri , I really enjoyed it!!

It was really difficult because there were so many good theories/discussions!!! and as other posters have said, there were some categories where two or three threads were really close and the other positions were far away, and other categories where they were all really close. What do you think about a likert scale, next year? Could it be useful?

The likert scale would test in how much someone agrees or disagrees with the OP. It's usable to test theories or opinions proposed in the OP. This was more to rate the overall liking of the discussion or contributions, regardless whether you agree or disagree with the OP. It all depends on what you're surveying, I guess.

I know last year a poster asked for nominations of theories in all sorts of categories and then people could vote their preferred answer for example.

Just now, sweetsunray said:

The likert scale would test in how much someone agrees or disagrees with the OP. It's usable to test theories or opinions proposed in the OP. This was more to rate the overall liking of the discussion or contributions, regardless whether you agree or disagree with the OP. It all depends on what you're surveying, I guess.

I know last year a poster asked for nominations of theories in all sorts of categories and then people could vote their preferred answer for example.

It's not necessary about agree/disagree with OP.  ;) Anyway I mean an interval scale in general, something like a scale of enjoyment (for ex. from 1 to 5)

But ok, np ^_^ It was just an idea. It is already good this way.

19 hours ago, Cridefea said:

It's not necessary about agree/disagree with OP.  ;) Anyway I mean an interval scale in general, something like a scale of enjoyment (for ex. from 1 to 5)

But ok, np ^_^ It was just an idea. It is already good this way.

That could work yes.

reminding everyone that people can vote until Sunday, including Sunday. As we have people from around the world here, I will close the survey on Monday morning 23rd 9am, Brussels time, which is GMT+1, which would cover the timezones in the US until midnight.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:44 PM, sweetsunray said:

It's nearly that time of the year again, where lists are being piled together and voted for. Before we could vote on anything, we collected nominations.

In order for the nomination to be valid these were the guidelines:

• The OP of the thread was posted in 2016 (in general, reread, or tWoIaF).
  • The thread contains an original theory proposal or analysis on plot, mystery, character, or world. (It's ok if the poster of the nominated thread has also published it somewhere else, as long as a discussion thread was created on westeros.org as well)
  • Post a link to the thread and give a short summary in this thread before 18 december 24:00 GMT. the turn of the year.

1/1/2017 NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! POLLING IS OPEN!

SURVEY LINK: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/FJ2MLLV

In the above link you can rank the nominated threads in the order of preference, from most favourite (1) to less. I chose to use a ranking method, because several categories appear to be tough ones to make a one choice only. The survey was designed so that the nominated threads are randomly listed per voter and thus the order in which I entered the nominated threads in each category to create the survey has no influence. Only in the category swords no ranking is required, nor is the order randomized, as there are only two nominations. 

You can vote until 22/1/2017. I will close the polls on 23/1/2017. This should allow enough time to read up on the threads you haven't read yet.

I thank you for entering your nominations, for voting and a Happy New Year!!!

NOTE: this thread is not meant to discuss the content of the threads, let alone the posters. Anyone was free to nominate a thread that fit the above guidelines.

Here's a summary of the nominations. I chose to categorize by subject, rather than OP's status, originality, hilarity or anything that I felt would require me to insert my own personal criteria and so on. You can find links to the threads on the first 4 pages of this thread, if you wish to read them to refresh your memory or haven't read them yet.

CHARACTERS

Miscelaneous:

Greenseers:

Zombies

WORLD BUILDING

Geographical:

Magical:

Foodstuff:

MYSTERIES

Missing persons and identities:

Swords:

SYMBOLISM (general, dreams, prophecies):

MYTHOLOGICAL AND LITERARY TIES:

Bumping for one whole day left! :blink:

Time to get reading about some good stuff, kiddos :cheers:

On 11-12-2016 at 4:44 AM, sweetsunray said:

SCORING THE RESULTS

The ranking required an effort from people to actually read at least parts of a thread on all sorts of topics, which may or not may always be of your first interest. So, the voting audience could be expected to be on the low side. In fact, 27 people voted. In other words, your vote was quite influential.

I chose to use a weighted scoring, not unlike the Eurovision contest, where being 1st ranked earned the thread a bonus point, and in categories that had 5 or 6 categories a 2nd ranked thread also earned the thread a bonus point. I chose this because such a scoring would not ignore trends. Let me give a short hypothetical example. Let's say we have a category of 4 nominated threads A, B, C, D. Using a simple scoring, the points attributed would be 1-4, with the 1st ranked thread getting 4 points. Now, there is a trend where thread C was ranked  #1 the most, and B #2. Meanwhile those who did not put C 1st voted it 3rd or last, but they did not necessarily rank B as 1st. Regardless whether someone ranked C first, a majority agreed on B being 2nd. And if I use simple scoring B might end up having a slightly higher total score than C. So, despite the fact that a majority agreed B ranked 2nd, and that C was ranked #1 significantly more than the other 3, B ends up being declared #1, which does not reflect the voting trends. Whereas the weighted score rewards a #1 or #2 ranking trend. Now, this was not just solely to the benefit of those that trended #1 or #2. It also reflects a more accurate result imo for the other threads. These threads had a strong competition going between them for 3rd or 4th place as well. And of course sometimes they were ranked 1st or 2nd too. The weighted score would reward this "secondary" trend. So, overall this weighted scoring made the most of the available data, without taking out the competition. For most categories this actually had little to no impact on the final ranking results, except a few, and not always between 1st or 2nd place. And I can assure you that it had no influence on the final resut of the ranking of the nominated threads that had my name as OP.

Without further ado: here are the results

CHARACTERS

MISCELANEOUS

Scores per ranking were 1-4 points, 6 points for 2nd ranking, 8 points for 1st ranking.

You can see from the scores how close the competition between 1st, 3nd and 5th ranking was. Also of note is how two re-read threads competed for 1st place and runner up.

1. Direwolves don't cry: a Direwolves Reread II, OP Seams, July 6 2016, Stark kids and their wolves, total score 129, Congratulations Seams and Julia H. on the victory!
  2. Nymeria is poised to return, OP The Fattest Leech, July 29 2016, Jon-Val combo as political and social influence in the North, total score 127, Congratulations Leech on giving them a hell of a competition.
  3. The Republic of Littlefinger, OP thought_criminal22, May 23 2016, littlefinger's political motives, total score 119, Congratulations, this was a worthy contesting thread, favored by many.
  4. Tyrion's witnesses at the Purple Wedding trial - Myrish looking glasses!, OP WiliamWesterosiWallace, April 8 2016, Garlan Tyrell should have been Tyrion's witness and champion, total score 117, Congratulations, it made a solid overall good impression and competed heavily with Littlefinger's thread.
  5. Craster is a Stark, OP Lame Lothar Frey, December 3 2016, Craster is a Stark because the Others only want his children, total score 79, Congratulations Lothar, it made for a tertiary competition between Craster or Bloodraven.
  6. Murdering Aenys Blackfyre was not good for the realm, OP Canon Claude, October 24 2016, Bloodraven the politician, total score 77, Congratulations Canon Claude

GREENSEERS

Scores per ranking 1-2 points, 4 points for 1st ranking.

We have two victorious threads here, required to share 1st rank with each other. This may have been the toughest category to rank as the total scores will show. It was like watching a war of the titans.

1. Euron the Abomination, OP Darksister1001, March 8 2016, Euron as greenseer, total score 65, Congratulations Darksister on your insights on Euron that were confirmed by George's reading of his tWoW Aeron chapter.

AND

Mythical Astronomy of Ice and Fire: The Grey King and the Sea Dragon, OP LmL, August 29 2016, the combination of fire, water and weirwood - an Ironborn greenseer, the Grey King, total score 65, Congratulations LmL on your complimentary insights on the Ironborn and Grey King

3. Why Bloodraven is not the Three Eyed Crow, OP LiveFirstDieLater, March 2 2016, Bloodraven beneath the tree, total score 59, Congratulations LiveFirstDieLater, clearly it was not just a competition between Euron and the Grey King

ZOMBIES

Same scoring as before: 1-2 points and 4 points for 1st ranking

The favor for 1st place was evenly split up between the victorious thread and runner up, so it came down to which of the two was favored for both 1st and 2nd place.

1. Dead or Somewhat Dead, OP Curled Finger, September 27 2016, classifying the not-so-dead dead, total score 69, Congratulations Curled Finger. You surely are not the only one who loves classifications!
  2. Skinchanger Zombies: Jon, the Last Hero and Coldhands, OP LmL, December 7 2016, what happens if a dead greenseer or skinchanger is resurrected, total score 62, Congratulations LmL. By the length and discussion in your thread you know how much it is appreciated.   
  3. Lady Stoneheart - Unlife, Myth and Purpose?, OP Morganna Lannister, August 15 2016, Lady Stoneheart's plot purpose, total score 58, Congratulations Morganna Lannister. Your thread certainly had its share of fans, and I noted how it made a reappearance on page 1 with new comments the past months.

WORLD BUILDING

GEOGRAPHICAL

Scoring: 1-3 points, 5 points for 2nd ranking, 7 points for 1st ranking

While 1st and 2nd ranking were solid, this category had a competition for 3rd place.

1. God's Eye: an Ancient Asteroid Impact Crater, OP StarkofWinterfell, April 17 2016, Formation of the Gods Eye lake, total score 149, congratulations StarkofWinterfell on starting this undisputed victorious thread! Close to 50% of the voters ranked your thread #1.
  2. Obsidian under Winterfell, OP SisterWithoutBanners, September 7 2016, could there be obsidian beneath Winterfell?, total score 115, congratulations SisterWithoutBanners with this runner up. Winterfell never fails to fascinate and provoke speculation. 
  3. The Broken Arm and global climate change, OP Lord Vance II, February 26 2016, Climate impact after CotF broke the arm, total score 78, congratulations Lord Vance II. The novel consideration how the Hammer-events might influence the weather, the streams of water and wind got you to win the 3rd ranking. 
  4. Possible New Black Rocks Location/Connection, OP El Dude, July 22 2016, the House of the Undying and greasy, black rocks, total score 75, congratulation El Dude. Your thread made this category into a competion for the 3rd ranking.
  5. Lannister Gold and the doom, OP Lord Vance II, December 28 2016, an obscure prophecy in Valyria before the doom foretold the gold of Casterly Rock would destroy them, total score 69, congratulation Lord Vance II for getting 2 threads nominated in this category. This thread was only recently started. It started to gain favor over the last week though.

MAGICAL

Scoring: 1-2 points and 4 points for 1st ranking

The #1st ranking thread won by a landslide and the competition was fought over being the runner up.

1. The caves are timeless: hollow hills, magic castles and greenseers, OP Wizz-The-Smith, October 10 2016, how castles in Westeros are built on hollow hills to harness greenseer magic, total score 87, congratulations Wizz-The-Smith. As Curled Finger had shown already, people love threads that categorize. Add the level of detail and gathering evidence for it in the OP and 2/3rd of the voters ranked this thread as #1.
  2. Seams, portals and bridges - The Magical Landscape of Westeros? What about Islands?, OP Seams, August 15 2016, special magical places, total score 52, congratulations Seams, the same categorizing phenomenon tended to help in securing the runner-up position.
  3. Words are wind. Indeed they are in this story, but not this instance. Why?, OP Macgregor of the North, september 22 2016, Comparing occassions when the tree speaks in relation to the wind, total score 50, congratulations MacGregor of the North. This thread that focused on the exception to a pattern had a tought battle agains the runner up.

FOODSTUFF:

Scoring 1-2 points and 4 points for 1st ranking.

To be fair, I nominated my thread and categorized it in here in order not to be taken too serious as a nomination. I kindof hoped that people would go with the funniest conversation. In retrospect I should have added it with the zombies or perhaps magical world building and have it been beaten by the winners there.

1. Craster's Black Blooded Curse (or WTF happened to Benjen), OP Sweetsunray, August 30 2016, wights, Craster and his secret larder full of black sausages and suspicious pork, total score 81, wight sausage with apple mash.
  2. Corn as foreshadowing, OP Bonkers, December 10 2016, about corn, from codes, to allusions, implications, the type of toppings and deep frying it, total score 62, congratulations Bonkers on starting a thread that led to amusing conversation about corn.
  3. Humus, OP Red Ronnet, June 17 2016, the quality of Humus and whether Danaerys would love it, total score 46, congratulations Red Ronnet of introducing humus as a missing food from aSoIaF

MYSTERIES

MISSING PERSONS & IDENTITIES

Scoring 1-3 points, 5 points 2nd ranking, 7 points 1st ranking

With 40-50% consistently agreeing with each other on the ranking, from 1st to 5th this competition was decided fairly early on, and reconfirmed with new votes.

1. Them Bones (rethinking Ned's Bones, Hallis Mollen and Silent Sisters), OP Sweetsunray, October 28 2016, Possible fate for Ned's Bones, total score 137, thank you for your appreciation, and participation. In memory of Ned Stark :crying:
  2. Ser Shadrich, his allies and adversaries (Morgarth, Byron, Creighton, Illifer), OP Bemused, August 16 2016, possible identities and motives of several characters appearing in Brienne's quest-tour and the men that appear at the Gates of the Moon, total score 112, congratulations Bemused and imvpo Blue-Eyed-Wolf for making us revisit Brienne's arc and pay attention to the various colorful side-characters
  3. The Wex Pyke problem, OP Lord Varys, December 9 2016, Speculation on any and all questions how Wex managed to know what he claims, total score 89, congratulations Lord Varys in making people re-examin the off-page plot of Wex Pyke tagging along behind Osha and Rickon
  4. Heresy Project X+Y=J: wrap up thread, OP wolfmaid7, August 24 2016, Jon Snow's parents, a project that tried to give posters a chance to make a case for different proposals, total score 80, congratulations wolfmaid for setting up a project to have all imaginable X+Y=J argued over the course of last year
  5. Heresy Project X+Y= S+L=J, OP wolfmaid7/kingmonkey, January 14 2016, Lyanna + Stark brother as Jon's parents, total score 68, congratulations kingmonkey for being the devil's advocate and argue a case you don't personally believe yourself. It's a treat on "how to debate".

SWORDS:

No scoring used.

One sword or categorizing more swords? The choice was quite clear for +80% of the vote: the more swords the merrier.

1. Let's Find the Swords, OP Curled Finger, April 6 2016, speculations about the whereabouts of the Valyrian Swords, congratulations Curled Finger!
  2. The Name of Ice, House Stark's Greatsword, OP Jattack, August 28, Could the first Ice have been an icy sword of the Night King?, congratulations Jattack with the nomination

SYMBOLISM (general, dreams, prophecies):

Scoring: 1-3 points, 5 points 2nd ranking, 7 points 1st ranking

Oh my, this was another one of those tough competitions as the total scores will show. In this one teeth got knocked out, noses broken and eyes gouged out for each position. Sounds like a melee really.

1. Nennymoans and merlings; more Patchface tinfoil, OP Hiemal, September 12 2016, making sense of Patchface's words, total score 104, congratulations Hiemal, although none of usentirely can make sense out of him, Patchface RULES!
  2. Puns and Wordplay, OP Seams, February 14 2016, Amassing possible authorial puns and wordplays, total score 103, congratulations Seams, you put puns and wordplays on the map this year, definitely!
  3. Weirwood and Jaime's dream, OP Cridefea, August 29 2016, Jaime's dream and what are the possible interpretations, total score 101, congratulations Cridefea and contributors, one of the lesser discussed dreams but thoroughly dissected from all angles!
  4. Prophecies and visions: Past & Future, OP Greywater Watch, November 6 2016, prophecies and visions, total score 81, congratulations Greywater Watch, the effort of making a chart and categorize visionaries and their visions by magic and quality was appreciated.
  5. Revisiting the HOTUD prophecies, OP El Dude, September 4 2016, Dany's HOTU prophecies, total score 79, congratulations El Dude on making us revisit this classic.

MYTHOLOGICAL AND LITERARY TIES:

Scoring: 1-3 points and 5 points for 1st ranking.

The competition in this category happened mostly for the runner up and 3rd position.

1. The Chthonic Cycle - Part 1-4 - The Persephone, Hades, Demeter and Isis of Winterfell, OP Sweetsunray/Evita, March 18 2016, Ned's, Lyanna's and Catelyn's connections to mythological underworld gods, total score 87, thank you for nominating it Isobel and for others to vote on it. It's a long detailed read and not everyone is a fan of mythology. I was honestly surprised how much this was favored and I'm quite humbled by it. I want to share the credit especially with Evita who posted quite a lot of interesting essays in it as well.
  2. Wood Dancers and Bran and Pinocchio, OP The Fattest Leech, March 19 2016, a mentioning of Wood Dancers in Bran's POV and exploring links to the fairytale Pinocchio, total score 68, congratulations Leech, it's not the first fairytale that comes to mind for aSoIaF, but it certainly seemed to have captivated many a voter.
  3. A horn? No. A Wolf! Jon, Ghost, and the Horn that Wakes the Sleepers, OP Sly Wren, April 20 2016, Jon Snow and Ghost and the NW vows in relation to Celtic literary sources, total score 63, congratulations Sly Wren, Pinochio had a battle on its hands with Celtic Jon and Ghost.
  4. GRRM's Subverted Fairy Tales, OP Fire Eater, September 4 2016, a compilation of fairytale motifs and fairytales that GRRM used and subverted, total score 57, congratulations Fire Eater, for starting a thread that attempts to catalogue fairy tale influences.

That was it! Thank you for your participation, in creating threads and essays and contributing to ideas, in nominating threads, in reading the threads and ranking them. I think we all gained something out of it!

Update of the OP, now that polls were closed and results are published.

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

Update of the OP, now that polls were closed and results are published.

Thanks for pulling this together! I know it kept growing and changing, and you had a lot of (what we call in the U.S.) "Monday Morning Quarterbacks" giving you ideas. (Same thing as "back seat drivers.")

I learned from this process. Sometimes I like the original post; sometimes I gave credit because of a great discussion in the follow-up comments. Clarity in the writing was a big factor for me. I appreciated it when the OP would periodically respond to input, or put in a new comment, to show that they were still active in the discussion. I discovered new ideas I had missed the first time around. In at least one case, I confirmed that I'm just not all that interested in content that matters to others. (Sorry, geography lovers!)

As I worked my way through the nominees before voting, making a note about each and sometimes exploring links, I did realize that a thread I had enjoyed and found important in 2016 had not been nominated - my fault for not being more thoughtful and thorough before nominations closed.

Thank you to the people who participated and supported things I have written in collaboration with this forum. I really enjoy the thoughtful dialogue here, and the range of backgrounds that people bring to the discussion.

I want to note that the kind support for the current Direwolf Re-Read topic (ACoK) should also credit @Harlaw's Book the Sequel, who was a founder of the original (AGoT) re-read, along with @Julia H. Time constraints are reducing their ability to produce analysis posts for the current thread, but they were the founders, created the format, and have remained active in the discussion. Credit where credit is due and thanks to them for letting me carry on their strong tradition.

41 minutes ago, Seams said:

~snipped a little~

As I worked my way through the nominees before voting, making a note about each and sometimes exploring links, I did realize that a thread I had enjoyed and found important in 2016 had not been nominated - my fault for not being more thoughtful and thorough before nominations closed.

Thank you to the people who participated and supported things I have written in collaboration with this forum. I really enjoy the thoughtful dialogue here, and the range of backgrounds that people bring to the discussion.

I want to note that the kind support for the current Direwolf Re-Read topic (ACoK) should also credit @Harlaw's Book the Sequel, who was a founder of the original (AGoT) re-read, along with @Julia H. Time constraints are reducing their ability to produce analysis posts for the current thread, but they were the founders, created the format, and have remained active in the discussion. Credit where credit is due and thanks to them for letting me carry on their strong tradition.

I agree that this thread should get an honorary mention at least! There were some great world details that were explained in that thread, in addition to the general topic.

I also later found threads that I had forgotten about, or misremembered the start dates, etc, and wished that I had gotten them in on time.

Thank you, Thank you to all who read, and helped, and commented, and read again.

A big kudos to Sweetsunray for organizing this idea into something workable.

For me, it's what makes being part of this fandom to fun; the crazy ideas we never would have thought about until we read what someone else shared.

What a treat and compliment to have these humble discussions with so many creative and imaginative minds.  Thanks so much to you @sweetsunray for putting the entire thing together.  Not so much in contest as for the joy of discovering topics unread and rereading some wonderful conversations.  And another thanks to everyone else who was brave enough to nominate.  I hope everyone had an opportunity to read all of these wonderful threads.  I get a kick out of being a fan boy and felt like I personally won something seeing Euron the Abomination take a prize here.  They were really great topics.  When do I get my @wizzthesmith fanboy TShirt?

4 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

What a treat and compliment to have these humble discussions with so many creative and imaginative minds.  Thanks so much to you @sweetsunray for putting the entire thing together.  Not so much in contest as for the joy of discovering topics unread and rereading some wonderful conversations.  And another thanks to everyone else who was brave enough to nominate.  I hope everyone had an opportunity to read all of these wonderful threads.  I get a kick out of being a fan boy and felt like I personally won something seeing Euron the Abomination take a prize here.  They were really great topics.  When do I get my @wizzthesmith fanboy TShirt?

Euhm Curled finger... two threads you started ended up first ;) So, you did win something twice :D

5 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

1. Euron the Abomination, OP Darksister1001, March 8 2016, Euron as greenseer, total score 65, Congratulations Darksister on your insights on Euron that were confirmed by George's reading of his tWoW Aeron chapter.

AND

Mythical Astronomy of Ice and Fire: The Grey King and the Sea Dragon, OP LmL, August 29 2016, the combination of fire, water and weirwood - an Ironborn greenseer, the Grey King, total score 65, Congratulations LmL on your complimentary insights on the Ironborn and Grey King

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who voted and to @sweetsunray both for putting this together and just being @sweetsunray:)  Mainly, like everyone else, it's awesome just to get together and celebrate and catch up on all the great work... and I also think it's awesome how the Ironborn are coming to the fore both in the novels and in the minds of the fandom. Just when some people were getting a little bored with our surprisingly-democratic Vikings in the story, George gave us pirate-Odin on bad acid.  I hope that my forays into Ironborn mythology have brought people's attention to what is probably the most well-developed and extensive internal folklore in the series.  That it seems to have so much to do with weirwoods and greenseers is surprising and fascinating, and I hope to keep exploring it further while making use of @ravenous reader's amazing discovery of the greenseer / green sea wordplay... which George is apparently using to feed us all kinds of information about the green see of the weirwoodnet. RR doesn't tend to write many OPs, save for the increasingly popular Poetry thread) but most of the threads here have benefitted from RR's amazing knowledge and wit (mine sure have), and the Nennymoan thread in particular tips its cap to our beloved Reader, as I am sure @hiemal would agree. So, a well-deserved honorable mention :cheers:  I'd also like to thank and shout out @Pain killer Jane and @Blue Tiger for all their contributions on my thread, as well as @sweetsunray of course. 

Above all I just want to say that I love our real-time literary analysis community that we have formed here, I even appreciate the people I disagree with or who disagree with me. I couldn't imagine a better, more vibrant fan community. 

Thanks to everyone for taking part in this thread!

To @sweetsunray for having set this up, to @The Fattest Leech for the great idea. Thanks to @Meera of Tarth for the nomination and to everyone for the attention, the reading and the contributions .

I really enjoyed nominating threads, it was fun rethinking to which ones I liked!  I've rooted for them til the end!
And above all it was a great way to discover many interesting theories/discussions that I hadn't read. 

23 minutes ago, LmL said:

... and I also think it's awesome how the Ironborn are coming to the fore both in the novels and in the minds of the fandom. Just when some people were getting a little bored with our surprisingly-democratic Vikings in the story, George gave us pirate-Odin on bad acid.  I hope that ...

George gave us pirate-Odin on bad acid.  

:lmao:Ahahahahhaaaa :lol: That is perfect!

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

George gave us pirate-Odin on bad acid.  

:lmao:Ahahahahhaaaa :lol: That is perfect!

Yeah I think that's what I am going to start calling him from now on :)  It has a nice ring to it, huh?

1 hour ago, LmL said:

That it seems to have so much to do with weirwoods and greenseers is surprising and fascinating, and I hope to keep exploring it further while making use of @ravenous reader's amazing discovery of the greenseer / green sea wordplay... which George is apparently using to feed us all kinds of information about the green see of the weirwoodnet. RR doesn't tend to write many OPs, save for the increasingly popular Poetry thread) but most of the threads here have benefitted from RR's amazing knowledge and wit (mine sure have), and the Nennymoan thread in particular tips its cap to our beloved Reader, as I am sure @hiemal would agree. So, a well-deserved honorable mention :cheers: 

Thanks.  That's very heart-warming.  In turn, my kudos to you for putting the fire in the tree and opening my eyes to the true nature of magic.  You see, once the fire's in the tree, it's really indivisibly in the ice -- and that means it's yin-yang all the way from then on; and that's just how I like to roll!

Now -- take the pun and run with it like your hair is on wildfire, as you promised...

1 hour ago, LmL said:

Above all I just want to say that I love our real-time literary analysis community that we have formed here, I even appreciate the people I disagree with or who disagree with me. I couldn't imagine a better, more vibrant fan community. 

We appreciate you too -- even when you are an irascible dragon who needs to remember to chow down on a charred and spicy morsel to settle his frazzled nerves, or -- better yet -- dive into a deep-blue, grey-green sea to fulfil his see-dragon potential.  :)

3 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

They were really great topics.  When do I get my @wizzthesmith fanboy TShirt?

I think he's still weaving them in his workshop in the hollow hills...What slogan would you like on the shirt; maybe I could get a message to him next time I fly in there with my dark wings, dark words..?

I second that -- Congratulations @Wizz-The-Smith  on a classic and elegantly written topic!  (Wizzy -- having lost you to the rabbit-hole for a while there, I now forgive you for your down-delvings; it was eminently worth it) :cheers:

6 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Euhm Curled finger... two threads you started ended up first ;) So, you did win something twice :D

No T-shirts?   Oh come on, I know you and @Seams and @LmL have to have T-shirts for your fans!   I wonder what people at work would say if I showed up with an I love @The Fattest Leech shirt?   Ok, enough teasing and fun for the night.   I've got work to do on a new topic that I hope to have out before summer.   

Archived