Arya in the red keep stables, whose voice calms her?

a_motherf'ndragon

Some propositions to answer : 

- Fright make her halucinating, just like hunger and illness make halucinating Daenerys in her last ADWD chapter 

- Bloodraven (or "future Bran" or "weirwood's connection" ^^) is in the place, 2 elements could suggests it :  She thought she could feel their eyes, like bugs crawling on her skin under her clothes and further, when Arya is in the cave with dragon's skulls, she see mouse's 2 red eyes (I know, BR has only one, but the weirwoods have 2 red eyes)

- Syrio's shadow/soul, after Syrio is dead, before it definitly disappear in the morning air. 

Before her "halucinating", she think's about little detail : 

Maybe the guards wouldn't recognize her. If they thought she was a boy, perhaps they'd let her … no, they'd have orders not to let anyone out, it wouldn't matter whether they knew her or not.

So she has to be "no one" to pass through the courtyard (just like Odysseus pretend to be and call none/nobody and escape the Cyclop's cave)

I think it sounds like she's remembering the words but in the moment cannot place the voice, so she assumes she heard it whispered to, rather than it coming from her memories. A moment ago I thought I heard my SO say "Meanie", so I loudly declared that I am not a meanie, to which he replied "I didn't say anything." Granted, I was watching a TV-show with headphones on, but then again Arya had just killed a boy, so I'd wager she was a bit distracted too.

I can almost swear that I have read this exact thread several months ago, but looking at the date of the first post that's impossible. Sometimes the mind plays tricks like that on us, and I think that that is the angle GRRM was going for, rather than it being the disembodied voice of a time-traveller/ghost. And I agree with the whole "using cinematic effects in writing" thing. A voice telling a person in danger what they have/need to do? It's happened before.

Arya hears voices - are they her imagination?

A Clash of Kings - Arya X

For a long moment there was no sound but the wind and the water and the creak of leaf and limb. And then, far far off, beyond the godswood and the haunted towers and the immense stone walls of Harrenhal, from somewhere out in the world, came the long lonely howl of a wolf. Gooseprickles rose on Arya's skin, and for an instant she felt dizzy. Then, so faintly, it seemed as if she heard her father's voice. "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives," he said.
"But there is no pack," she whispered to the weirwood. Bran and Rickon were dead, the Lannisters had Sansa, Jon had gone to the Wall. "I'm not even me now, I'm Nan."
"You are Arya of Winterfell, daughter of the north. You told me you could be strong. You have the wolf blood in you."

7 hours ago, deja vu said:

Arya hears voices - are they her imagination?

Now see, here, we can make an argument that Bloodraven was in her head. She had a dialogue. She feels dizzy just before she hears the voice, and we hear a far off wolf howl. There's nothing conclusive, and the author might just be going for a freaky scene, but it sure feels like Bloodraven and/or the old gods. 

Archived